Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darius Miller to d league

Darius Miller to d league

@Jim_Eichenhofer: Hornets announce that forward Darius Miller has been assigned to the D-League. where he will play for Iowa.

Interesting.

The Franchise
    Chance for him to get some playing time.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I like it, wish we had our own team though.

Good for him to get playing time. I still like him long-term over Aminu, Henry, and McGuire which isn't saying much.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

better than inactive

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Good for him to get playing time. I still like him long-term over Aminu, Henry, and McGuire which isn't saying much.
    Not much, but that isn't to say he can't be valuable. He could develop into someone like Kawhi Leonard. His shot is way better than Leonard was when he came into the league. He definitely needs to get his feet wet.

And that it's just Miller and not Rivers shows that while the staff knows he's struggling, they aren't pushing him to the wayside just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not much, but that isn't to say he can't be valuable. He could develop into someone like Kawhi Leonard. His shot is way better than Leonard was when he came into the league. He definitely needs to get his feet wet.

And that it's just Miller and not Rivers shows that while the staff knows he's struggling, they aren't pushing him to the wayside just yet.
    Last year was Khawi's first year and he shot 491 from the field and .364 from 3?

Also, I really think Rivers needs to be in the D League for awhile. It doesnt look like he's goign to get a ton of playtime now that Gordon's back. I'd rather him get his confidence back.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I literally meant 'came into the league" as in when he was drafted. Not by the time he'd played his first game. Miller was a 3pt shooter at Kentucky. Leonard wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I literally meant 'came into the league" as in when he was drafted. Not by the time he'd played his first game. Miller was a 3pt shooter at Kentucky. Leonard wasn't.
    Thats cool, I dont remember much about Leonard before last year. I do know he exploded on the scene though. I'd love to have him on our team.

Agreed on Rivers to the D-League. He needs about 40 minutes a game to work on his issues.

From Monty:

I told Austin, ‘You’ve got to watch Eric and learn from how he plays the game. Try to watch how he reads pick-and-rolls and what he does in transition, and the change of pace that he has.

Doesn't sound like Rivers is going to the D-League.

Rivers isn't going anywhere, Monty loves the Kid, and so do I.

Re: Darius Miller to d league

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    Rivers isn't going anywhere, Monty loves the Kid, and so do I.
    Dell, is that you?

Seriously, though, I agree. If he is as competitive and coachable as everyone says, then riding the pine for a bit alongside of our players and coaches seems like a good move.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

Monty would be admitting failure to the haters, so I doubt Austin ever goes.

this just in, Darius Miller writes a note saying he won't go to the d-league...(joking)

Most teams tend to send guys who don't receive any meaningful minutes to the d-league so Rivers was never a candidate in the first place. Rivers is better off watching/observing/learning from Gordon.

I imagine Rivers will get playing time anyway. Rather see him get minutes over Roberts. I'm fine with Mason and Rivers off the bench.

Don't get me wrong on Rivers...I am not hanging a label on someone who just turned 20. I have seen glimpses of talent. I just think he needs more seasoning. He can learn from Gordon though...well, if Gordon is willing to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Monty would be admitting failure to the haters, so I doubt Austin ever goes.
    If you think Monty or those guys factor any of that into their decisions, you have some homework to do.

The D league doesnt admit failure. It should be used as development system for your young players that aren't ready for the NBA but need minutes to develop ie Rivers. No one said he WOULD be going, just he probably should be going.

All D-League Games streamed on YouTube for those who wanna watch

youtube.com/user/nbadleague
    @mcnamara247

Re: Darius Miller to d league

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The D league doesnt admit failure. It should be used as development system for your young players that aren't ready for the NBA but need minutes to develop ie Rivers. No one said he WOULD be going, just he probably should be going.
    Why does Rivers need to go to the DLeague to get minutes? He seems to be getting a lot in the NBA.

Miller should have been assigned there a while back, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Glad they're streaming games. I will most definitely watch to see how he looks.

@uknum1: What yall know about Des Moines, Iowa??

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    @uknum1: What yall know about Des Moines, Iowa??
    Better wear a jacket

Thread Information