Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 NBA Draft Class update - 1st round

The three players that I wanted from this draft was Drummond, MKG, and Sullinger.

Really thought Thomas Robinson would have a much better early impact on the league. I had him as my preseason ROTY.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The three players that I wanted from this draft was Drummond, MKG, and Sullinger.

Really thought Thomas Robinson would have a much better early impact on the league. I had him as my preseason ROTY.
    Those three players are nice, but why is Anthony Davis not seen as a up and coming star in the league? I don't think Sullinger will ever be a star. The other two players could possibly anchor a franchise.

I agree that Drummond is impressive in that video. But you can't tell that he's been more impressive than Davis.
    Davis is beasting right now while being 220+ lbs !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I would still rather have Davis long-term over Drummond since I think Davis will be a Tyson Chandler type with a much better offensive game and Tyson Chandler is a damn good player in this league. Still, I like what Drummond is doing right now and he should get better.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm interested to see what becomes of Drummond when they start him.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

Thomas Robinson is in a bad place in Sacremento. I think it's a black hole where talent goes to die.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post
    I agree that Drummond is impressive in that video. But you can't tell that he's been more impressive than Davis.
    Davis is beasting right now while being 220+ lbs !
    I spit out my hot tea laughing lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He has an illness, but he's not doing anyone any favors either. If he really wants to play basketball then he will be.
    The Royce White situation is fascinating. From the Rockets perspective, they are have get him `comfortable' and stuff like that in. From his perspective, he's an injured as someone with a broken leg and is being asked to play.

It's not entirely unlike the Eric Gordon nothing-on-the-MRI situation, frankly.

It's truly fascinating. I don't blame either party. This really is ground being broken.

Fascinating.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Davis's ceiling is higher because he's far more offensively skilled. His jumper is mechanically sound, but incrementally off. Drummond can't even shoot more than 50% from the FT. But he is going to be a terror. Dude could be what Greg Oden could've become, only a little shorter and less skilled. Physically, he'll be without pier. Dwight Howard never could pull some of the moves Drummond can. Not coordinated enough.

We almost had Davis and Drummond. Our opponents should be grateful Detroit got him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Those three players are nice, but why is Anthony Davis not seen as a up and coming star in the league? I don't think Sullinger will ever be a star. The other two players could possibly anchor a franchise.
    It was either Davis or MKG. No way we could have had both.

I felt we could have traded down one with Charlotte and gotten their 1st in 2013.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

2012 NBA Draft Class update - 1st round

ROY is down to Davis and Lillard easily. No one else is even in the picture. IMO lillard will take it hands down unless Davis can somehow get his average up to 20 and 10 which I don't see happening this year.

Thread Information