Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I forgive you, Eric Gordon

All-Star
    im sorry but I can't forgive Gordon yet after ONE game against the CHARLOTTE BOBCATS!! he has to stay healthy for the rest of the season before I forgive him lol

Quote Originally Posted by flyPelican View Post
    gordon got his haters mad
    no ones mad, but you have to excuse some of us if we're not totally in love with him.based off 1 game.

im in wait and see mode. i get why people are thrilled and thats cool but i want to see more.

He had a great game and really changed the dynamics of the team by creating wide open shots for our shooters and drawing fouls with ease. I liked how he used the screens it was huge difference to what GV does with screens.

I just hope he stays healthy and continues to improve his conditioning, he makes the team fun to watch again.

I just hope we can find another scorer/playmaker in the lottery to pair with Gordon so this team can really become legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal Street View Post
    No sure he has had some injuries so did Davis and Mashburn. I just think he milks them to force his hand to the ownership that didnt listen to his wishes about being somewhere else.

By the way, I am not the only one who has thought this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...le-for-a-trade

62 percent of the people that voted in the poll at the bottom of the article have the exact same point of view about it.
    Bleacher report is notorious for ignorance.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal Street View Post
    No sure he has had some injuries so did Davis and Mashburn. I just think he milks them to force his hand to the ownership that didnt listen to his wishes about being somewhere else.

By the way, I am not the only one who has thought this.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...le-for-a-trade

62 percent of the people that voted in the poll at the bottom of the article have the exact same point of view about it.
    Your joking, right !? Is this the same media that 1) had Sean Payton going to Dallas 2) Had Roger Goodell listed as All RIGHT & almighty & the Saints All guilty until Vilma busted his kohonas ! Are you talking about that media ? You are quoting an article from 2 months ago ! This article was written before we knew of the knee, quad & who's choice it was to send EGO to L.A. for treatment !
    I will be the first to admit that I have been very skeptical of Lil Puddin, but right now, I would ASK EGO>>> Who do you want us to GO GET & it's DONE ! This DUDE is a Baller w/ Crazy ***** HANDLE! He can be a #1, so if he wants us to go get a#2 or a #3, then Do it ! If he wants a CP3 or Jennings, than do it ! I can totally see EGO and Jennings playing COMBO all night ! No PG or SG ! Put those 2 on the court and "Fire the CAP Pistol" in the AIR & Yell>>>On your marks, Get SET, GO ! Locate a starting #3 & you have Jennings, EGO, AD, Lopez & #3>>>>Ryno, Vasquez, J. Smith & yes, Mason(Jennings and Gordon make Mason dangerous in the Rocking chair) in the rotation ! Anderson and Mason look like they were punished last night in the corner all by themselves !

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    He is SO good. So fun to watch. Stay healthy, space jam.
    Wherehappens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    He is SO good. So fun to watch. Stay healthy, space jam.
    JMO>> I think he is more out of position at a #2, than at point !
    This kid, imo, has as good of HANDLE than any guy in the league ! He looks like CP3 of 2006, but with a MUCH better long range Jumper !

And when he gets injured and stays out another 4 months ya'll be all "the f*** with gordon, useless injury prone, send him away blahlahlahlahhhhhh"

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    And when he gets injured and stays out another 4 months ya'll be all "the f*** with gordon, useless injury prone, send him away blahlahlahlahhhhhh"
    True, but until then, thank God he's back. Finally watchable again. Those kick-outs are something.

If he gets injured again, then thats what people should be saying. don't see your point at all. I'm surprised at the goodwill of the board towards him after only one game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I said we'd do this way back when. And that'll happen verbatim. His only option is to not miss another game or at least not have something that would make him miss multiple games.

What good is Gordon if he isn't on the friggin' court? We all see that he's amazing when he plays.

I'll wait until the trade deadline comes and goes until I rescind my feelings about this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    I just hope we can find another scorer/playmaker in the lottery to pair with Gordon so this team can really become legitimate.
    I dont want to depend on one from the lottery. We got enuff of those.

Jennings or another tall combo guard please.

Maybe when he said his heart was in Phoenix, he just meant he thought we should rebrand to the New Orleans Phoenixes, after the greek mythical creature.
    Last edited by daybreaker; 01-01-2013 at 10:31 PM.

I think that's it, daybreaker. Or maybe his subconscious was speaking in code, foreseeing his future knee problems and then his triumphant rise from the ashes to take the league by (fire)storm.

eric gordon saved us from the embarrassment of ending the bobcats impressive losing, barely, glad he's back but we still have a lot to fix

Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    I'll wait until the trade deadline comes and goes until I rescind my feelings about this kid.
    What does that have to do with rescinding feelings? Just enjoy it now, we'll see what happens.

btw... you have a Gordon av

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    eric gordon saved us from the embarrassment of ending the bobcats impressive losing, barely, glad he's back but we still have a lot to fix
    If he stays healthy he'll do a lot more than save us from embarrassment.

God people, I know I'm an optimist but take a breath and just be happy he beasted out last night. 24/7 in 24 mins? Come ON.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    I just hope that his presence doesn't spoil our chances at a high lottery pick. We have lost too many games already to have a realistic shot at the playoffs with such a young team.
    Shabazz would look good in a Pelicans jersey.

Pacers and Suns are still interested in Eric Gordon. I hope he don't want to be traded. I think his love to New Orleans is yet to come.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/eric_gordon

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    Pacers and Suns are still interested in Eric Gordon. I hope he don't want to be traded. I think his love to New Orleans is yet to come.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/eric_gordon
    Suns are ineligble to trade for him. which was the point behind what everyone said here: If you really want him, they shouldnt have offered the contract.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Now that Eric Gordon has returned, the question becomes whether the veteran guard wants to remain with New Orleans.

“I have a feeling he’ll learn to love it,” an Eastern Conference executive told FOX Sports Ohio.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Talent is always forgiven.........
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

I love how the dude plays in one game, and plays well and they're already trying to get him out of here.

Thread Information