Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Gordon's jumper is looking rusty. Gotta get those legs back.
    Gordon is a below average perimeter shooter, even when healthy. It is a common misconception with his game, but when I broke down his numbers last week, it was surprising to see how poor of an outside shooter he was. He is one of the best in the league at attacking the basket, but he is a below average shooting "Shooting guard"
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    All he need is to improve his jumper. Crash was good in a straight line but never really had any lateral moves or crafty ball handling.
    Easier said than done for some guys.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    It's Monty's fault that we are not running on break. He's a bad coach for that roster.
    we are such a young team but we never run...does that make any sense at all

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Gordon is a below average perimeter shooter, even when healthy. It is a common misconception with his game, but when I broke down his numbers last week, it was surprising to see how poor of an outside shooter he was. He is one of the best in the league at attacking the basket, but he is a below average shooting "Shooting guard"
    The thing is that he can get his own outside shot. He doesn't need to be run off a dozen screens like Anderson. And when he gets hot he hits from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    We have huge advantage in the paint, are we taking advantage of it. NO
    38-16 points in the paint

If i remember correctly, he's a good 3 point shooter but his midrange game needs a lot of work.

agreed..his 3 pt numbers have never been great..he is an attacking guard that can shoot well enough to keep defenses honest

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    His form kind of bugs me.. doesn't seem like he uses his legs like he should.

Imagine if he became a consistently good/great shooter though. Top 3-4 SG?

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Doesn't matter if we are a young team, rebuilding or talent, we should not be getting our asses handed to us by a team that has lost 13 in a row. Does anyone think they are more talented than us.
    Actually it's 17 in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    Running doesn't have to do with age. It has to do with athleticism, and we don't have much.

Gordon has one hell of an ugly jumper, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I'm just interested in hearing from you why this team isn't prepared because quite honestly I doubt you have a legitimate reason.
    Yeah because being down by 21 points at halftime to a team that has loss 17 games in a row isn't a legitimate reason for saying the team isn't prepared...

We must not be watching the same time . This team executes poorly in offense & defense on a nightly basis . The team comes out flat in the 3rd quarter almost every night & the team has no clue what to do in the final 2 minutes of a close game ..and you are going to argue this team is prepared ? Oh ok lol
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Alright im pissed off for two reasons...because i thought the game came on for 6 and i missed the whole first half. Also why are they struggling to score against the bobcats. We better make a serious run to beginthe second half.

We fired Scott after bad start, so why we can't fire Monty?

Gordon is 37 percent from 3 on 5 attempts a game for his career...he's far from a below average perimeter shooter.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Actually it's 17 in a row.
    Oh, we'll then I feel better

Our future schedule gets brutal again after this brief respite...

Hawks
    Rockets
    Mavericks
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Timberwolves
    Knicks
    76ers
    Celtics
    Warriors
    Kings
    Spurs

May not win more than 1 or 2 games in January so we'll definitely be in the mix for a top lottery pick as of the trade deadline
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    Vasquez and Anderson aren't really runners. They're trailers. They can trail behind the break when the defense gets back and be wide open for 3. But the annoying thing is Roberts, who has good speed and quickness is incompetent. Rivers is always on the floor with Vasquez or Roberts so he never really looks to push and when he does push it's those moments when it's better for him to wait.

Gordon is about the only guy you want with the ball on the break and Davis would be right there with him.

It's why I'm all about getting a PG like Bledsoe. If Lowry is really available, he's got wheels too.

Breaks my heart seeing Miller on the inactive list so many games. Hope he gets it together.

Our team Defense rank in Monty's 3 years:

10-11: 8th
    11-12: 16th
    12-13: 28th

Now you can either blame this on Monty, in which case you are arguing he has regressed as a head coach, and at which point I will laugh and call you an idiot.

Or you can look at our roster turnover and make a reasonable critique that the talent dropoff has been severe, and no coach could really be expected to do much with this group. We are a bad defensive team talent-wise, coaching can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I love the way MKG plays.

Gordon makes a huge difference for us even when he's not shooting well. The penetration he gets is so relieving to see.
    Even better, he's a guard not afraid to pull the trigger in a moment. Takes pressure off trying to execute a set. Only other guard we have like that is unfortunately Roberts.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Monty can huddle the team up all he wants, tell them as many times he can that they need to move faster and get back, but in the end of the day the only person who can make those legs move faster is the player. People complain that we can't get back, make jumpers, etc etc but when Monty tries to make some unconventional subs people moan about it. Can't have it both ways.

We're getting out rebounded 26-13 and they're shooting 62% from the field, lots of easy buckets in transition...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Gordon is 37 percent from 3 on 5 attempts a game for his career...he's far from a below average perimeter shooter.
    You do realize there's other areas on perimeter other than the 3 point line, right?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    We fired Scott after bad start, so why we can't fire Monty?
    Because Monty isn't Scott and this Hornets team isn't that Hornets team.

You really need to take a deep breath, maybe take a nap or something.

Thread Information