Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    You are insane ...losing is never acceptable . My expectations are for the team to come out & play hard every night & compete . You don't have to be talented to play hard & play smart. This team is a flat out embarrassment to the city & Monty shares some blame for that
    Nah I'm proud of this team.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Anybody blaming Monty for this doesn't know basketball. The Hornets are a high school JV team as far as talent is concerned. Let him get the roster together before you criticize
    People need to realize that we weren't rebuilding last season, but we are rebuilding this season.

Last season we had plenty of vets, guys who knew the game. This season we have guys that don't belong on the court.

I'll say it again, any coach would look bad with this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    What makes you say that?

fyi, the fact that we are getting run out of the gym or anything like that doesn't make us unprepared.
    This team looks prepared to you? Come on watch the games ...tell me where you can see this team being prepared to play on a nightly basis
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

I think they'll cool off. I can't remember the last time they missed. PS the announcers are clueless.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

This team is playing like they don't even have a coach. Lack of direction is so evident. Something Monty is doing that is draining confidence.

This team looks prepared to you? Come on watch the games ...tell me where you can see this team being prepared to play on a nightly basis
    U can't argue with pro monty members...doesn't work

It's Monty's fault that we are not running on break. He's a bad coach for that roster.

I guarantee we come back and make a game of this but lose in the final 2 min..mark my words

Gordon is really rusty

I'm just interested in hearing from you why this team isn't prepared because quite honestly I doubt you have a legitimate reason.

The Franchise
    Doesn't matter if we are a young team, rebuilding or talent, we should not be getting our asses handed to us by a team that has lost 13 in a row. Does anyone think they are more talented than us.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We can come back. It must start with defense though. And we need Gordon to play like, 18 minutes in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I guarantee we come back and make a game of this but lose in the final 2 min..mark my words
    That is almost 100% about to happen. It just does

Gordon's jumper is looking rusty. Gotta get those legs back.

Cleveland down big in Brooklyn.

Charlotte up big over our Baby Bees.

Toronto rOlling in O-town

Washington tips momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    U can't argue with pro monty members...doesn't work
    I think it's where you place the blame. I don't put this all on Monty. He could be preaching all of this stuff during practice and they're just not doing it. We're just saying the guy has garnered a ton of respect around the league from players and other coaches, so let's see what he does with a full deck.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Doesn't matter if we are a young team, rebuilding or talent, we should not be getting our asses handed to us by a team that has lost 13 in a row. Does anyone think they are more talented than us.
    Is that a joke? Are they more talented than us? Their wings blow ours out the water. Only place we hold the advantage is with our length between Anderson, Smith, Davis, and Lopez.

I wish Gordon can play 48 mins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I love the way MKG plays.

Gordon makes a huge difference for us even when he's not shooting well. The penetration he gets is so relieving to see.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    We're better at the top but they're deeper than us.

I called it before the season started that we were gonna struggle this season as we lost > 1000 games worth of experience with all the trades etc.

what a bad half

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is that a joke? Are they more talented than us? Their wings blow ours out the water. Only place we hold the advantage is with our length between Anderson, Smith, Davis, and Lopez.
    We have huge advantage in the paint, are we taking advantage of it. NO

Does anyone remember the last time we scored over 100 points?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Thats really his only weapon outside of this game. Not really much of a shooter. Gerald wallace averaged like 15ish a game but was never considered a "scorer"
    All he need is to improve his jumper. Crash was good in a straight line but never really had any lateral moves or crafty ball handling.

Thread Information