Pelicans Report

Thread: Phil Pressey

Phil Pressey

What are your thoughts about Pressey? Similar to Rivers in that his dad played in the league so he's got that advantage already. I was watching him against UCLA last night in where he had IMO the performance of the year. 19 points and 19 assists in which 10 of the assists were unbelievable passes through traffic, no look, behind the back, between opponents legs, it was a show let me tell you and he shouldve had over 22 assists which is the college record. There were many times where his team didnt finish layups or easy jumpers created by his passes(especially layups) and it blows my mind that he had 19 and how many more he shouldve had. I know he's small, listed as 5'11 175, but man i havent seen a point guard with his type of speed and skill set yet this year. He is considered hands down the fastest player dribbling down the court with the ball and similar to rivers he can just blow by defenders with a sweet crossover. Dude will be a very decent player in the NBA and would love to have him as our back PG. Do you guys think he will pan out?

id love him as a backup but at 5"11 he worries me as a starter

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    What are your thoughts about Pressey? Similar to Rivers in that his dad played in the league so he's got that advantage already. I was watching him against UCLA last night in where he had IMO the performance of the year. 19 points and 19 assists in which 10 of the assists were unbelievable passes through traffic, no look, behind the back, between opponents legs, it was a show let me tell you and he shouldve had over 22 assists which is the college record. There were many times where his team didnt finish layups or easy jumpers created by his passes(especially layups) and it blows my mind that he had 19 and how many more he shouldve had. I know he's small, listed as 5'11 175, but man i havent seen a point guard with his type of speed and skill set yet this year. He is considered hands down the fastest player dribbling down the court with the ball and similar to rivers he can just blow by defenders with a sweet crossover. Dude will be a very decent player in the NBA and would love to have him as our back PG. Do you guys think he will pan out?
    pass on this chucker...chuck chuck chuck chuck...all he does is chuck it up....MICHAEL CARTER WILLIAMS (syracuse) please remember this name...kid is going to be an elite pg in this league

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    pass on this chucker...chuck chuck chuck chuck...all he does is chuck it up....MICHAEL CARTER WILLIAMS (syracuse) please remember this name...kid is going to be an elite pg in this league
    Isn't that what Rivers did at Duke? He kind of had to because he carried his team as Pressey has been doing. Only huge difference is Pressey is an elite passing point guard even though every small. I'm all in for rivers but Pressey would make a great backup behind him.

He is a chucker? Maybe. Selfish? Not one bit. His is averaging 7.3 assists a game. That puts him as the 8th best in assists. Your Michael Carter Williams is #1 with 10.3, so put that in perspective.

5'11 isn't stopping Jameer Nelson from being a very good pg. Hasn't stopped Mo Williams either. Or Ty Lawson. Height doesn't mean a thing. Heck the best pg in the NBA is 6'0. Height means little when you have the talent to dominate beneath the basket.

I would take this kid.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information