Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Missing Piece: Finding the Perfect Small Forward

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I like where you are going, but this makes more sense to me. Kings get our 2013 pick (top-7 protected).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5lbhu4
    Lakers get too little in this deal.

Bargnani and a crappy Garcia contract for Gasol? Why on Earth would they do that :X

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Lakers get too little in this deal.

Bargnani and a crappy Garcia contract for Gasol? Why on Earth would they do that :X
    Really? I feel like Gasol has NO value. The guy is 32, half-way out of the league, and his contract is enormous. Plus, he chokes in the playoffs. Garcia is a vet who can spread the floor and drain the 3, and LA has no depth at the 3. Bargnani complements Howard way better than Gasol does, and he is way younger too.

I feel like the window for getting good value for Gasol has passed. Nobody wants that huge contract.

Really? I feel like Gasol has NO value. The guy is 32, half-way out of the league, and his contract is enormous. Plus, he chokes in the playoffs. Garcia is a vet who can spread the floor and drain the 3, and LA has no depth at the 3. Bargnani complements Howard way better than Gasol does, and he is way younger too.

I feel like the window for getting good value for Gasol has passed. Nobody wants that huge contract.
    His value has certainly diminished, but I don't think its reached Amare status just yet.

What about this deal instead (modification of your deal)?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6wgknn

Our first rounder to SAC, LA future first rounder to TOR.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-30-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Why do none of the trades ever proposed on this site ever make sense for all teams involved. I am not sure if it was one of the 24/7 guys, but somebody brought up a good point. When people make trades here, we are always shipping off crap for dollars. Before you put together a trade, look at how it impacts both teams. Please.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why do none of the trades ever proposed on this site ever make sense for all teams involved. I am not sure if it was one of the 24/7 guys, but somebody brought up a good point. When people make trades here, we are always shipping off crap for dollars. Before you put together a trade, look at how it impacts both teams. Please.
    Trade ideas will always be the worst part of the site. Those that know how to make decent suggestions hardly ever do, and those who don't hardly ever stop.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar

If that is the case, then why would Toronto give up Kyle Lowry (which cost them a potential top 5 pick) and Terrence Ross (the #8 pick in the draft) to get him?

Great article. I know a lot of people will think it's NOLA connection based, but I think Granger should be considered as a very good option at the 3, at least as a stopgap before the loaded 2014/15 FA class. He's got 1 year remaining on his deal, is redundant to the superior Paul George (who has played some SG, but is definitely more of a SF at 6'9), and if the Pacers want to re-sign West (who is more important to the team) without flirting with the tax, they'll need to deal Granger. The Hornets will be one of the few teams in the NBA that both need a SF and have the cap space to take Granger on without sending much (if any) salary back. Assuming Smiht picks his game back up, I think he and a pick (definitely lotto protected) may be enough to get it done. While Granger's FG% has dropped each of the last 4 seasons, he's still a 17/5 caliber player that is a capable 3 point shooter (38% career) and a solid defender. Best case scenario to get a great deal on him is if he doesn't come back until March (currently expected back in Feb) and takes a little while to get going.

Even if we end up drafting Shabazz/Proythress, I'd like to have them come off the bench for a season while learning a few things from Granger. Next year's PG and SF FA's are pretty terrible after CP3. Getting Granger would allow the team to be as competitive as possible while giving us the cap space to spend on a loaded 2014/15 FA group.
    Last edited by THRILLHOUSE; 12-30-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I once again look forward to the free agency period....one more peek a little while ago has me now thinking about a possible Hickson/Budinger combo....trim some of the gristle off our current roster, draft wisely, and I think we go to war with the big boys very, very soon....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Probably because most people on this forum view our own pieces as trash. In reality, though, Lopez, Jason Smith, and Aminu (expiring) isn't a bad coup at all for a guy like Cousins who has shot his trade value to hell with his antics. We'd be rolling the dice big time bringing him into this locker room. It's not like Lopez, Smith, and our 1st round pick are "crap."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Trade ideas will always be the worst part of the site. Those that know how to make decent suggestions hardly ever do, and those who don't hardly ever stop.
    Don't like it? Then why do you take the time to post about it? Just ignore it, and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If that is the case, then why would Toronto give up Kyle Lowry (which cost them a potential top 5 pick) and Terrence Ross (the #8 pick in the draft) to get him?
    That's a good point, but here's what I got. Firstly, they are rumored to be shopping him because they think they made a "mistake." Secondly, Terrence Ross is the worst of the 4-5 rookie SGs in that class, and he has been playing horribly for them. The whole reason they took him over Rivers was because he was supposed to be "NBA ready," but he isn't. And finally, their GM is stupid/desperate to make something happen, and Gasol is a splash move that he can sell to the board/fans in an attempt to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I once again look forward to the free agency period....one more peek a little while ago has me now thinking about a possible Hickson/Budinger combo....trim some of the gristle off our current roster, draft wisely, and I think we go to war with the big boys very, very soon....
    Hickson/Budinger or Hickson/Brewer would make me a very happy camper, assuming we trade away Lopez for a starting PG.

Nola, you realize that Bargaini is a worse player on a pretty crappy contract as well. I think the Lakers would have to get Lawry in this deal. This it's redundant with Nash? Well, with D'Antoni they have been starting Darrius Morris at the 3 (A PG). Lowry would pretty much be perfect in that spot for them. The Raptors GM may be desperate/ stupid enough to do this but the Lakers GM will not be. Kupcheck is one of the best GMs out there.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

No, the pieces people want to turn into Cousins are crap. Just because Smith, Vasquez, and Lopez are doing well here doesn't mean they are much in way of good. Heck Jackson Vroman, Dan Dickau, etc. those guys were great on the Hornets team back in the day. They didn't last long once they went on to other teams. They were just the brightest turds in a pile of dung. Same for those guys. Any top tier team and they are hidden away at the end of the bench. And you want the Kings to give us Cousins for scraps? Really?

Josh Childress was just waived from the Nets. He would seem to be an upgrade over some of the guys we have at SF: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Josh_Childress

No, the pieces people want to turn into Cousins are crap. Just because Smith, Vasquez, and Lopez are doing well here doesn't mean they are much in way of good. Heck Jackson Vroman, Dan Dickau, etc. those guys were great on the Hornets team back in the day. They didn't last long once they went on to other teams. They were just the brightest turds in a pile of dung. Same for those guys. Any top tier team and they are hidden away at the end of the bench. And you want the Kings to give us Cousins for scraps? Really?
    Thank you for bringing sanity to these proposed trades

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Dorell Wright.
    I would like to make a move for him or to sign him for the "Wright" price !

Big fan of Chase too !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Let's stick to the three year plan. I like Shabazz a lot in that three spot. He could be the next Kobe/Durant. That's the kind of guy we need to complete this lineup. We need to bring in our "best" player on our team if we hope to win a championship. No reason to bring in more mediocre talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Let's stick to the three year plan. I like Shabazz a lot in that three spot. He could be the next Kobe/Durant. That's the kind of guy we need to complete this lineup. We need to bring in our "best" player on our team if we hope to win a championship. No reason to bring in more mediocre talent.

Unless we beat the odds again, we're not going to get Shabazz.

My biggest fear was we would be stuck between tank and playoff push. That seems like it might become the case now; its not the end of the world but its kind of upsetting because i really wanted shabazz. Hopefully demps finds a player that can contribute.

Our team is so young and our cap situation is good. I don't think it's a bad thing to build primarily through free agency now instead of the draft.

For me, the goal this year is to develop our young players, develop our chemistry and to make our team attractive to free agents in the offseason. With that in mind, the more games we can win, the better, irregardless of if we make the playoffs or the lottery.
    Last edited by hagios; 12-30-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    My biggest fear was we would be stuck between tank and playoff push. That seems like it might become the case now; its not the end of the world but its kind of upsetting because i really wanted shabazz. Hopefully demps finds a player that can contribute.
    If anyone thinks we're making the playoffs this year they're delusional. We were supposed to be possibly fighting for the 8 seed with Gordon ALL year. We're 7-23 right now. If last year's any indication, Utah was 6 games over.500 in the West to earn a seed. Their winning % was .545 which gave them a 36-30 record. If you multiple that % by 82 games it means winning 45 games this season.

So if we go 38-14 over our last 52 games we're in, which means winning 73% of out games. I think that's being very optimistic.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 12-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    If anyone thinks we're making the playoffs this year they're delusional. We were supposed to be possibly fighting for the 8 seed with Gordon ALL year. We're 7-23 right now. If last year's any indication, Utah was 6 games over.500 in the West to earn a seed. Their winning % was .545 which gave them a 36-30 record. If you multiple that % by 82 games it means winning 45 games this season.

So if we go 38-14 over our last 52 games we're in, which means winning 73% of out games. I think that's being very optimistic.
    I said BETWEEN- i repeat - BETWEEN! Wait- one more time... BETWEEN! Playoff push is different then playoffs itself. If our team showed (with a healthy Gordon) it could contend for a playoff spot i would be happy. I said specifically i dont want to be the Houston Rockets and be stuck in this in between pergatory. I hope that delusional remark wasnt aimed at me... I hate when ppl twist my words.

And i think with Gordon uninjured all season early we would be at 500 or slightly over. That can be considered delusional but idgaf. I said early on hes the one irreplacable player we cant lose (besides AD)

wings that have fallen between 7-13 in the last 3 drafts...

Paul George
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    Jeremy Lamb
    Gordon Hayward
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Kawhi Leonard (15th)

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    wings that have fallen between 7-13 in the last 3 drafts...

Paul George
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    Jeremy Lamb
    Gordon Hayward
    Al-Farouq Aminu
    Kawhi Leonard (15th)
    We need somebody who can play... Not an awful list but im not sure if the right one will fall to us. I dont want another juju...

I said BETWEEN- i repeat - BETWEEN! Wait- one more time... BETWEEN! Playoff push is different then playoffs itself. If our team showed (with a healthy Gordon) it could contend for a playoff spot i would be happy. I said specifically i dont want to be the Houston Rockets and be stuck in this in between pergatory. I hope that delusional remark wasnt aimed at me... I hate when ppl twist my words.
    Actually it was aimed in a general direction because there have a been a few mentions of a playoff run now.

And i think with Gordon uninjured all season early we would be at 500 or slightly over. That can be considered delusional but idgaf. I said early on hes the one irreplacable player we cant lose (besides AD)
    Actually if you read my post, I said We were supposed to be possibly fighting for the 8 seed with Gordon ALL year- I repeat "We were supposed to be possibly fighting for the 8 seed with Gordon ALL year." Wait- one more time"We were supposed to be possibly fighting for the 8 seed with Gordon ALL year." I don't know if that idgaf remark was aimed at me.. I hate it when people twist my words.

We need somebody who can play... Not an awful list but im not sure if the right one will fall to us. I dont want another juju...

There's always FA.

Thread Information