Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Missing Piece: Finding the Perfect Small Forward

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    there is no such thing as a perfect team
    Couldn't agree more. You have to pick your poison. Rebounding is a hard poison for me to pick though, because it effects so many aspects of the game. But again, the Hornets are getting absolutely nothing from their small forwards currently, so a small forward who can knock down the corner three, get out in transition, and defend in isolation is fine in my book
    @mcnamara247

Come to think of it if you get Chase, you are turning into the Dwight Howard led Orlando Magic, only with Dwight howard light in AD. Think about it, a bunch of chuckers JJ Reddick=Buddinger, Shard Lewis=Ryno, Vince Carter < Gordon, Nelson> GV/Rivers, bench's are equall. I don't know if that is how I would want my team built.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    I doubt Utah would trade him but I would love Gordon Hayward
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't believe anyone wants to trade a potentially #1 or top 3 draft pick

The chase for Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    The chase for Chase
    who?

Dorell Wright.

poythress is an animal on the glass, he's also pretty fluid with his handling showing descent wing skills and good quickness and agility. Nerlens is actually the least impressive of the 3 kentucky prospects right now.

I still think point guard is a bigger issue. I don't believe in Austin as a pg and i think we need a shot creator at that position and use sf as a glue guy like SA does.

I wonder why the Hornets haven't given James Anderson a call.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I can't believe anyone wants to trade a potentially #1 or top 3 draft pick
    There's no way Demps would trade our pick with out some sort of protection on it (definitely top-3, probably top-7, and maybe even lottery protected).

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

The Missing Piece: Finding the Perfect Small Forward

Anthony bennett

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    poythress is an animal on the glass, he's also pretty fluid with his handling showing descent wing skills and good quickness and agility. Nerlens is actually the least impressive of the 3 kentucky prospects right now.

I still think point guard is a bigger issue. I don't believe in Austin as a pg and i think we need a shot creator at that position and use sf as a glue guy like SA does.

i think it's the fact that our PG can now play off the ball which makes them more tolerable. Gordon plays the initiator now and it makes a world of difference, GV looked good on kicks and we just need a 3-point shooting/defending SF and it'll make a world of difference

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Anthony bennett
    bennett is a pf

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

bennett is a pf
    He reminds me a lot of Melo but at 6'8 240 he can play the 3 in the NBA.

I personally dont see any way Bennett can play three in the NBA. Definitely cant cover 3's. Maybe he can extend his shot out to three and play it on offense, but he doesnt have the foot speed to cover the position

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    He reminds me a lot of Melo but at 6'8 240 he can play the 3 in the NBA.
    He's not a 3. His game isn't remotely close to Anthony. He's a PF through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i think it's the fact that our PG can now play off the ball which makes them more tolerable. Gordon plays the initiator now and it makes a world of difference, GV looked good on kicks and we just need a 3-point shooting/defending SF and it'll make a world of difference
    I disagree, you can't count on Gordon for all the play making, sometimes he'll go cold. That's where your pg comes in, most small forwards don't have the court vision to make plays for others. Most are just scorers. I'd much rather get a good point guard, Grevis is a great bench pg though.

Rumors are that Toronto are trying to get rid of Lowry. Anyone think this is possible? Toronto gets our 2013 1st round pick (top-3 protected). They get Vasquez, who can be their PG of the future, and they can try to do something with Aminu and Henry, and if it doesn't work out, just let them expire. Ross plays SF for us, and Lowry starts at PG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2f3n65

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Rumors are that Toronto are trying to get rid of Lowry. Anyone think this is possible? Toronto gets our 2013 1st round pick (top-3 protected). They get Vasquez, who can be their PG of the future, and they can try to do something with Aminu and Henry, and if it doesn't work out, just let them expire. Ross plays SF for us, and Lowry starts at PG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2f3n65
    I'm very interested in acquiring Lowry for the right price.

Something like our first round pick, Vasquez, JSmith, and Aminu for Lowry and Ed Davis would be pretty nice too. Granted I'm not sure how realistic such a trade scenario would be.....
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-30-2012 at 12:55 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=btc3e8m

it's crazy and complicated...but who says no?? kings also get our 2014 pick unprotected

it's crazy and complicated...but who says no?? kings also get our 2014 pick unprotected
    Swap Cousins and Evans and I love it.

how about lowry and eating kleiza's contract for lopez, vazquez, aminu and our 2014 unprotected pick?

how about lowry and eating kleiza's contract for lopez, vazquez, aminu and our 2014 unprotected pick?
    I don't think Lowry is worth that much.

In other words, I wouldn't give up assets for him and absorb a bad contract or two on his behalf.

I like where you are going, but this makes more sense to me. Kings get our 2013 pick (top-7 protected).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5lbhu4

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I don't think Lowry is worth that much.

In other words, I wouldn't give up assets for him and absorb a bad contract or two on his behalf.
    leiza's contract is only thru next yr and we would be underpaying for our starting pg thru next yr, allowing us to better absorb leiza's contract

Thread Information