Pelicans Report

Thread: AD Stats Comparison

AD Stats Comparison

AD’s stats compared to the all the NBA PFs per game averages.

9th among PF in scoring (15.1 PPG)

7th among PF in rebounds (8.4 RPG)

3rd among PF in blocks (1.9 BPG)

2nd among PF in steals (1.2 STPG)

9th among PF in FG% (.500)

2nd among PF in FT% (.848)

10th among PF in minutes (31.6 MPG)

Not bad at all for a rookie, can’t wait to see how good he is in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    AD’s stats compared to the all the NBA PFs per game averages.

9th among PF in scoring (15.1 PPG)

7th among PF in rebounds (8.4 RPG)

3rd among PF in blocks (1.9 BPG)

2nd among PF in steals (1.2 STPG)

9th among PF in FG% (.500)

2nd among PF in FT% (.848)

10th among PF in minutes (31.6 MPG)

Not bad at all for a rookie, can’t wait to see how good he is in a couple years.
    He's really impressed me at the free throw line. It shows how good of a stroke he actually has. His jumpshot, while still good, has been a little streaky from midrange lately, so I'm just waiting for his great freethrow shooting to translate.

His PPG will go up too once we actually learn to look for him on offense more. He's had many open opportunities to score, but somehow he keeps getting overlooked. Must be frustrating for him, as it's frustrating for me just to watch it happen.

I agree about the open looks many times he is way ahead of defenders on a break and GV doesn't see him. GV needs to keep his head up and see the court better. AD also needs to get the ball where he can score or get to the line but that will come with time.
    I remember the scouting report on AD only talking about defense and rebounding but nothin about the outside shot. I think he has caught everyone off guard on how good his shot already is.

And when you consider that the Hornets play at the slowest pace, these numbers are even more impressive, considering he is involved in less possessions per minute than any other PF. Would love to see where he ranks in the advanced stats versions of these categories
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And when you consider that the Hornets play at the slowest pace, these numbers are even more impressive, considering he is involved in less possessions per minute than any other PF. Would love to see where he ranks in the advanced stats versions of these categories
    We can continue to track his progress all year and update (I can handle simple stats) but I am sure one of the stat crunchers around here could develop some good metrics to monitor.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't blame 'em for not knowing how good his offense was when he was hardly called to use it. What was? 4th or 5th most shots on the team for easily Kentucky's best player? It was too easy for people to draw incorrect conclusions about whether the lack of shots was because Coach Cal didn't feel he needed to exert himself more on offense or because his offensive game wasn't good enough.

Another big difference he makes that I can see from the advanced stats is on the offensive boards. When he is in, the Hornets rebound 30% of their missed shots. When he is out, 25%.

Over the course of a game, where the Hornets miss on average 43 shots per game, they would average just under 11 offensive boards without him and 13 with him. Based on the Hornets points per possession, that would result in an extra 2.5 points per game. That's not a lot now, as the Hornets are -6.2 on the season, but when Gordon comes back, that could mean the difference between being a below .500 team and above .500.

An if the Hornets can increase their pace, getting more possessions, then this impact will be even greater

dont forget he's 3rd in PER

Thread Information