Pelicans Report

Thread: What's your opinion on changing our colors?

What's your opinion on changing our colors?

I know how the majority feel about the name change and I know that and the color change is a foregone conclusion, but just curious of those who are pro-name change... do you also dislike the colors or would you prefer them to stay the same?

I personally love the color and jersey scheme and could still look great with a pelican logo or whatever we choose.

Food for thought, just curious of everyone's opinion

Love the name. Feel the colors are totally unoriginal for such a unique city.

EDIT: This is about Pelicans and Red, Navy and Gold.
    Last edited by supermati; 12-28-2012 at 01:04 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If the name changes, why keep the colors? Can't go with Creole Blue, man. Purge everything and start with a clean slate.

I love the current colors and wouldn't mind if they stayed. I'm just not thrilled with the supposed new colors.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I would prefer something more traditional

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Way too bright for my tastes. Purple and teal arn't exactly the best colors to wear on hats, shoes, shirts etc. People will know when you are wearing your Hornets gear, though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I love the colors. Very unique. Hate that they're gonna change to a bunch of colors that are used on a bunch of other teams.

I guess I will grow to appreciate the new colors once k see them on uniforms but for now they are just blah. The Mardi Gras colors would have probably been dope

Keeping the colors would sort of contradict the purpose of rebranding---creating a new identity.

In other words, our current colors need to go.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information