Pelicans Report

Thread: Per Monty, Gordon may make debut Saturday

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Per Monty, Gordon may make debut Saturday

Hornets' Eric Gordon may make his debut on Saturday at Charlotte, according to Monty Williams. Story coming shortly on NOLA.com
    Looking forward to this.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hm. We shall see.

It'll probably be limited minutes, but any are good right now.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Per Monty, Gordon may make debut Saturday

Man I wish it would be Friday so I could see him play and win the Gordon return date bet we have going on on here

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Jan 15th is right around the corner, I'm just saying.......

Honestly, I just hope he comes back and becomes what he can be. An every year All-Star, that impacts both sides of the ball, and if he doesn't want to be here, just be quiet about it so Dell can get great value back in return.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Dang I had my mind set on Friday.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    woo-hoo!

i choose to be optimistic and excited. it's christmas afterall.

Well I think we can all agree that it makes losing tonight's game that much more vital for our Bees. Prolly gonna be a close to .500 team If EG10 really comes back healthy.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

http://twitter.com/i/#!/JenHale504/m...com%2FUWMsPhDB

It would be cool if someone there at least got a video of our rookies singing happy birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Well I think we can all agree that it makes losing tonight's game that much more vital for our Bees. Prolly gonna be a close to .500 team If EG10 really comes back healthy.
    I love ur passion for tanking. It's beautiful yet consistent .
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I love ur passion for tanking. It's beautiful yet consistent .
    It's the most annoying thing on this board. Every thread is littered with "TANK" post. There shouldn't be a place in actively wishing your team to lose. It just breeds a losing mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    It's the most annoying thing on this board. Every thread is littered with "TANK" post. There shouldn't be a place in actively wishing your team to lose. It just breeds a losing mentality.
    He thinks it's 2K.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Last year I came around and was on board with the tank probably mid December or January, but now its just getting old.

I was on board for the tank last year, but now that we have Davis, I don't want to go through that again. Any win is good for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Last year I came around and was on board with the tank probably mid December or January, but now its just getting old.
    Last year I was on the fence. I realized every loss helped the team just as much as a win. This year I think winning is more important than securing another mediocre 19 year old after we only win 15 games like some people hope for.

People always look at the thunder as the model, but not everyone gets as lucky as they did with the draft.

Sacremento: Cousins, Evans and now Robinson. Still not relevant, at all.
    Golden State: JUST becoming relevant after Steph Curry, Klay, Barnes and it took getting David Lee and eventually Bogut whenever
    Minnesota: Years after drafting Love, Wes Johnson, Williams, rubio STILL striggling to become relevant.
    Charlotte: Nuff Said
    Washington: Nuff said again. They've been hit with injuries, but do you think with Wall, they'd be pushing for the playoffs?
    Toronto: Who many years in the lotto have they been in? Bargaini, DeRozen, Valdkhbdhbdis, Bosh, etc
    Cleveland: Sort of the same situation but one year ahead os us being bless with 2 top picks after their superstar left. Still in the Cellar. 7-23, not that they've gone balls to the wall in FA but still gives you a feel. One outstanding #1 overall and another guy who's somewhat failed to live up to expectations.

It's not as romantic as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    People always look at the thunder as the model, but not everyone gets as lucky as they did with the draft.

Sacremento: Cousins, Evans and now Robinson. Still not relevant, at all.
    Golden State: JUST becoming relevant after Steph Curry, Klay, Barnes and it took getting David Lee and eventually Bogut whenever
    Minnesota: Years after drafting Love, Wes Johnson, Williams, rubio STILL striggling to become relevant.
    Charlotte: Nuff Said
    Washington: Nuff said again. They've been hit with injuries, but do you think with Wall, they'd be pushing for the playoffs?
    Toronto: Who many years in the lotto have they been in? Bargaini, DeRozen, Valdkhbdhbdis, Bosh, etc
    Cleveland: Sort of the same situation but one year ahead os us being bless with 2 top picks after their superstar left. Still in the Cellar. 7-23, not that they've gone balls to the wall in FA but still gives you a feel. One outstanding #1 overall and another guy who's somewhat failed to live up to expectations.

It's not as romantic as it seems.
    Exactly why I view getting a NBA Starter ready to contribute next year more enviable than playing the lottery ball game. If the NBA draft was easy, you would never see teams who get top 10 picks 10 years in a row. At least with trading the pick, you are able to acquire a player who has NBA minutes, and you can scout his talent level where it maters most, Against NBA competition.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We already did what none of those teams could do. We got a player that could and should become one of the best players in the whole league. Whatever purpose you T-word for, we've already done it. There is no Anthony Davis this year. Andrew Wiggins next seasons maybe, but we for damn sure aren't looking to be missing the playoffs by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We already did what none of those teams could do. We got a player that could and should become one of the best players in the whole league. Whatever purpose you T-word for, we've already done it. There is no Anthony Davis this year. Andrew Wiggins next seasons maybe, but we for damn sure aren't looking to be missing the playoffs by then.
    At the rate some people on here are going, we will be in tank mode forever.

I hope EG returns Friday so i can see it in person.
    As far as the TANK, personally for me its just a joke. Makes me feel better about only winning 6 games. I know we aren't losing on purpose nor would i be for that. I live by a strict code of BEAST or TANK. (again a joke, like most of what i post on here)

I am honestly hoping to make it back to .500 with EG and let the chips fall where they may in regards to the draft.
    This year is all about improvement / progress. I don't really care about anything else tank, playoffs, or otherwise.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    You are absolutely 100% WRONG !!! There SHOULD be a place for it ! "THE DUMP" This crap of tanking for a top PICK is GOOFY ! We are going to get better next year by signing a VERY GOOD point guard, Packaging Vazques with our #1 pick (probably between 4-10) for a swing with handle !

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We already did what none of those teams could do. We got a player that could and should become one of the best players in the whole league. Whatever purpose you T-word for, we've already done it. There is no Anthony Davis this year...

This is the whole thing right here. You need to tank, but more importantly you need to TANK when there is a generational player in the draft i.e. Duncan, LeBron, Rose, and now Davis. A team with LeBron and 4 ave. players will have a better chance to win a title than Bogut, Bargnani, Oden, and John Wall.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Curious if he'll start right away.

Too lazy to look for it, but Monty said he was gonna bring him along slowly. I don't see him starting right away.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Should be interesting
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information