.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 136

Thread: STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

  1. #101
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,543
    Why can't the Lopez twins rebound for $!#%? I mean its kinda strange to me, that BOTH cant rebound lol

    "I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

  2. #102
    The Demarcus Cousins trades aren't that far fetched. Before choking PJ Carlisimo, Latrell Spreewell was a top 20 player, and was a solid #2 guy on a great team, #1 guy on a bad team. The Knicks traded for him after the choking for Terry Cummings (who was all but retired), Chris Mills (who was Mo Pete's equal), and John Starks (who was past his prime).

    Cousins is writing his ticket out of town right now. If you offered up Lopez, Aminu, and threw in a protected first, or Vasquez you could probably land Cousins. The Kings arent going to make him the face of their franchise, but then, what roll would he fill here?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  3. #103
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,484
    I applaud Lopez for what he's accomplished so far, but I would swap him in a heartbeat for Vucevic....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  4. #104
    The kid from Orlando, or Valanciunas from Tornonto, or Vesely from the Wiz?

  5. #105
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The kid from Orlando, or Valanciunas from Tornonto, or Vesely from the Wiz?
    Vesely is horrible.

    Valanciunas is going to be really good as is Vucevic. I like Jonas a little bit more though because he's still in his first year and has the better post game. Not like we're going to get him though. Toronto would never let go of him.

  6. #106
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,937
    OKC may be a viable option if they didn't give Perkins that huge deal.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  7. #107
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,937
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Why can't the Lopez twins rebound for $!#%? I mean its kinda strange to me, that BOTH cant rebound lol
    To me it seems both worry more about boxing out and letting their teammates rebound.

  8. #108
    Has anyone seen J.J. Hickson play ? He is 6'9" and plays center for Portland ! 12 rpg ! If we could grab him (UFA), Lopez is a very good 23-28 minute per game guy ! Run Lopez out there for 25mpg, J. Smith for 5-8 and Hickson for 10-15 ! Then move Hickson to the 4 (where he belongs for 10-15 mpg ! & J. Smith to the Stretch 4 for 10-12 mpg

  9. #109
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Has anyone seen J.J. Hickson play ? He is 6'9" and plays center for Portland ! 12 rpg ! If we could grab him (UFA), Lopez is a very good 23-28 minute per game guy ! Run Lopez out there for 25mpg, J. Smith for 5-8 and Hickson for 10-15 ! Then move Hickson to the 4 (where he belongs for 10-15 mpg ! & J. Smith to the Stretch 4 for 10-12 mpg
    You forget that we have to allocate at least 30 min+ to Davis and Anderson so minutes would have to be tweaked but I like hickson plays much bigger than he is and has a great motor

  10. #110
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,855
    I wanted us to go after JJ before Portland got him. Don't know if we have the mins for him now though.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  11. #111
    In two years, Davis will be the best center in the NBA. This makes Lopez expendable now for a better team in the long run. Very seldom will teams make a trade that swaps a big for a big, so the odds of getting a young center like a Vucevic or Valanciunas are very low, and also unnecessary with Davis expected to make the position change in the next year allowing Ryan Anderson to start at the 4.

    More likely, we will see Dell try to sell high on Lopez and get a very solid G/F that can very easily start or come off the bench. Someone that will provide depth in case of a Gordon injury and play a role until the 3 spot is filled by a legitimate 3. The first player that comes to mind is Gerald Henderson from the Bobcats.

  12. #112
    Also, because Lopez has been playing so well, we don't have to shop him. Other teams who are hurting at that position will be calling us with offers. The leverage is all in management's hands, and they're not going to agree to a deal where they don't come out on top. Lopez could very well stick around for the whole season and be on his way out at some point next season if the team feels like they could get better value. The only problem with that is his minutes will be down next season and he will likely be out of the starting line up. Therefore, I would anticipate a Lopez trade before this year's deadline.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I will leave this thread for now and return in two weeks when he has returned back to earth offensively. The scoring masks his horrible P&R defense and inability to rebound (3 tonight), but people will be complaining about those issues when these scoring nights go away.

    He is a solid player, a good 3rd big on most teams, but he is by no means untradeable
    Does not matter sir.... HE wont be traded PERIOD. We don't need a TRADE right now PERIOD... And that is from people who live on planet earth.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola7 View Post
    Does not matter sir.... HE wont be traded PERIOD. We don't need a TRADE right now PERIOD... And that is from people who live on planet earth.
    I will bet up any amount of $ Lopez is traded. I'm done hearing people act like he's a god when majority was pissed he was traded here. No one has ever said we get nothing in return and that is because of Lopez's great play. You and everyone else tries to make it seem like people re trying to give him away and that is to far from the truth. He will be moved as part pf a trade to get another really good or even great player. If you want the bet I'm just telling you I want my $!

  15. #115
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,855

    STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    This. As I said his trade value is sky high and if the right deal came along we should jump on it. Like another top 5 pick.
    Lopez has been great for us so far, but does anyone really believe we are going to be a top 5 pick for him???! If Lopez is on his way out we need to have a starting center coming in. Not a rookie that needs to develop. But I agree with the point that everyone is tradeable, but a top 5 pick isn't realistic.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I'm done hearing people act like he's a god when majority was pissed he was traded here.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about?! When you say "majority" do you mean "GuardianAngel25"?

    Here is the trade thread. looks pretty positive on the move:
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...e+suns+warrick

  17. #117
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,855
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about?! When you say "majority" do you mean "GuardianAngel25"?

    Here is the trade thread. looks pretty positive on the move:
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...e+suns+warrick
    Exhibit A, my post:

    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    my dream came true!

    MAKE IT HAPPEN DEMPS!

  18. #118
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    I'm not sure what you are talking about?!
    On messageboards, when people say majority they mean "I saw two or three people say something."

  19. #119
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,812
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    On messageboards, when people say majority they mean "I saw two or three people say something."
    Or even if no one said it, just claim it to be true because typically people are too lazy to go find the thread.

  20. #120
    To GuardianAngel25 defense I was not happy with the Lopez trade. I didn't want Warrick at all.
    I knew the Lopez from Suns who was spastic, had turrible hands, couldn't dribble, couldn't really jump.
    Well he is still some of those things but he has really won me over. I love the guy now.
    Amazing what hard work and a different coach can do.
    I'll take my crow fried on french bread please!

    EDIT: in regard to what this thread is really about....i've said it before i'll say it again.. Is anyone un-tradable when the Supervillain is running the show?
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 12-27-2012 at 02:47 PM.

  21. #121
    Some of these guys need to stick to what they know as reporters/editors OR learn the sport of which you're writing on!

    It is a known fact Its a crap shoot when drafting college kids into the NBA and the C's that are drafted normally takes 3-4 yrs to develope his game into the NBA, if at all he gets adjusted to the NBA! Robin Lopez is coming into his own by being a 2-4yr player in the NBA, and to trade him with the plan on drafting another C is just silly and will set the front Court back a few yrs waiting for the newly drafted C to develope. Then that same editor would write a article on Coach Monty should be fired due to the delayed progression of the team, all while pushing for a Tim Floyd hire or some other type of LSU/Louisiana connection hire!

    Robin Lopez is a veteran space eating C who's gaining confidence! We don't need another young player added to an already young team who needs time to develope. Keep stocking up on young drafted players and well have a Wizards type team full if young knuckleheads that lack wisdom on being a PRO in&off the court. Every team needs veteran leadership, along with time to gel as a unite! Plus Lopez knows his role with this team with AD23, EG, Anderson, Rivers being the main options. Another highly drafted player who wants to launch his career by padding his stats will take away from the TEAM concept of Monty Williams. *See Sac Kings*
    If traded, I'm only trading my "Center" for a young budding Star like a Jennings, matching NBA experiences of the players plus the value of Shot Blocking/Shot alterring Centers in the NBA.
    (You don't just give a Center away for draft picks. History says that it's more likely for a Draft pick to be a Bust, then be successful in the NBA)

    *not all trades are good trades, even if guys have maxed on their trade value! Somebody have to be the AC Green on a roster, not all can be Magic/Jordan

    #JustSaying

  22. #122
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Since Lopez is a hot topic....

    New Orleans Hornets center Robin Lopez's offense speaking volumes this season

    So far this season, New Orleans Hornets center Robin Lopez's offensive production has been equaled only by his economy with words.

    His numbers this year, though, are doing all of his talking.

    Having spent four years previously with the Phoenix Suns, Lopez had pedestrian success on the scoring end of the floor, his minutes limited by circumstance and his scoring ability stunted by his primary role as a defensive post man.

    Acquired by the Hornets this summer in a three-team deal, Lopez, 7 foot, 255 pounds, inherited the Hornets' starting center position from Day One and has dutifully embraced the challenge of growing his scoring output under the watchful eye of lead assistant coach Randy Ayers, who tutors New Orleans' big men, while deferring imcreasing platitudes about his ability.

    "I'm just feeling really comfortable right now," Lopez said Thursday, after his second straight 20-plus-point performance Wednesday night (he had 29) helped the Hornets snap an 11-game losing streak with a 97-94 win over the Orlando Magic. "I'm just in the right place at the right time."

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    To GuardianAngel25 defense I was not happy with the Lopez trade. I didn't want Warrick at all.
    I knew the Lopez from Suns who was spastic, had turrible hands, couldn't dribble, couldn't really jump.
    Well he is still some of those things but he has really won me over. I love the guy now.
    Amazing what hard work and a different coach can do.
    I'll take my crow fried on french bread please!

    EDIT: in regard to what this thread is really about....i've said it before i'll say it again.. Is anyone un-tradable when the Supervillain is running the show?
    Thank you! This is the same way I felt and yes majority of peoples responses I saw were somewhat positive because of his deal and size but nothing about his skill. I saw plenty of negative comments and thought plenty myself. He has completely changed my mind and plenty of other people who are blinded and act like they saw this coming. No one and I mean no one saw this coming if you ever watched him play previously. I thought the guy could maybe come in and be good once he was fully healthy. Me and yes majority also though the same and have been proven wrong. If you thought he would be this then you are pretty good I must say. When I say Lopez will be traded its not like i'm giving him up for nothing.

  24. #124
    I'm sorry but the simple fact is we got a steal of a signing with a very rare contract (regarding his only 500k team option next 2 seasons) so hes a bargain big, perfect backup on a championship calibre team whos also an easy buy out if he has major injuries etc.. Fact is his value decreases next year and furthermore the year after. All the while we risk further injuries or a decrease in output or role if Davis steps up to man the C for more minutes.

    It makes fine sense for fans to speculate about trades involving him. Sorry if it annoys people, but it's not flawed logic. The only reason to trade him would be for a significant piece at PG or SF though. Paul George is aiming too high, and Bledsoe probably too low IMO. But if the right deal came calling, I wouldn't doubt Demps takes it.

    If Lopez isn't the long term C and we want Davis and Ryno starting as the long term goal, why not maximize the return on essentially an expendable asset while the value is at its highest?

    I see both sides of the argument though. Having Lopez around as a cheap extremely serviceable big is a rare luxury. One that shouldn't be thrown away. Building chemistry doesn't come with constant roster movement either. But when Shards 13mil comes off the books and we can't sign a legit starter... Watch Demps take on salary to move Lopez to a team tryna cut salary or avoid the lux tax.

  25. #125
    Starter Austrian_Pelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    172
    I like Lopez a lot, and his ceahp contract, he has a lot of passion and energy and works hard on the court... okay he is not a good rebounder... and yes something it seems he is boxing out and letting their teammates rebound, thats a reason why aminu had a lot of rebounds.. like Perkins on OKC, and Ibaka and Durant takes the rebounds.. however, he is no good defensive rebounder, but on the offense rebound he is ok
    he is number 8 in Blocks right now... I am not saying he is an star in the league, but not bad, the last years we always missed a player like him.. and even if Davis starts on Center, i would love to have a guy like robin on the bench... so I would only trade him if we get a good young Ponit Guard for him....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •