Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

I do not know I just want this team to improve somehow.

Lopez is the perfect trading chip on a team such as ours.

Not really in the long term planning but playing out of his mind this season on a pretty decent contract.

Plenty of contenders would be pretty interested in acquiring his services and his trade value would be sky high right now.

I'm sure Dell sees this too and I expect him to be dealt quite soon.

If his values right, move him. But what i like about him is that we can play him 20 minutes some nights and most starting centers wouldn't be cool with that. Anderson and Davis need minutes and if you brought in a guy like Cousins, I don't see where the minutes for Anderson come from unless he sees some time at SF

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If you get a good value trade then move him, but if not then there's no rush. He's playing well, young and cheap but he's far from untouchable.

Why the idea of a piece worth X to us being sent out for a piece or pieces worth X+something, considering contracts, is offensive. You can't just keep every piece worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Why the idea of a piece worth X to us being sent out for a piece or pieces worth X+something, considering contracts, is offensive. You can't just keep every piece worth something.
    Spoken like a true math-major

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    well said...bledsoe could be a difference maker
    Bledsoe comes off the bench and has never had to run a team as a leader and front guard. Calling him a difference maker is a bit far fetched right now and not worth getting rid of the only true big the Hornets have right now.

Davis taking over at center is at least 2 seasons away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    The team would trade Lopez for Bledsoe and then you all will try to figure out who the team can trade Bledsoe for next.
    Thats exactly how it works on message boards. Trade, lose for lottery picks, then trade some more.

To be fair, there's not much else to talk about right now. I'm not really the type to make fake scenerios, but i wish the people who were making them would think about it from the other team's perspectives. There seems to be a bit of hypocracy with people complaining about trades that other team's fanbases post in concerns for Ryno for potato chips, but then we do the same exact thing here. Everyone can make up some excuse why a trade will work: Kings are tired of Cousins; Hornets don't have a use for Ryno bc they keep losing. But rarely does it actually make sense for the other fan base.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    2 positions, he meant AD and Anderson, C and PF: 96 MPG
    I know what he meant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Lopez is the perfect trading chip on a team such as ours.

Not really in the long term planning but playing out of his mind this season on a pretty decent contract.
    How do you know that Lopez is not in the future plans? Did the Hornets state that or is that a fan rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    How do you know that Lopez is not in the future plans? Did the Hornets state that or is that a fan rumor?
    Just my opinion really. You are not going to win a Ship with Robin as your starting centre.

Just my opinion really. You are not going to win a Ship with Robin as your starting centre.
    Why not. He starts but he only plays 20-25 minutes a game. That's backup minutes, and I believe you need a Robin Lopez type player coming off the bench to win in this league.

This guy is only 24 and suffered a lot of injuries, but his post game looks better and better each week. He is a defensive rock, and the past two games have seen an uptick in his rebounding.

I'm not willing to trade our only Center on the team for anything other than a true scoring SF, and I don't see where that scenario happens.

Plus Lopez's contract is perfect for this team. If at any point we find we don't need his services, almost any team in the league would love to have Lopez on his contract. He is an asset, yes, but for now, he is an asset worth keeping.

Technically, Lopez starts, but he is really our 3rd big.

Timberwolves are gonna be losing pekovic and need a center for cheap, would anyone trade lopez for Budinger? Then sign jefferson or pekovic and draft someone like Noel shabazz or mclemore

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Timberwolves are gonna be losing pekovic and need a center for cheap, would anyone trade lopez for Budinger?
    Not a chance from me.

Timberwolves are gonna be losing pekovic and need a center for cheap, would anyone trade lopez for Budinger? Then sign jefferson or pekovic and draft someone like Noel shabazz or mclemore
    Absolutely not.

Really? I thought everyone wanted a small forward just like him. Big , very athletic with a great jumpshot, for a small forward I don't see us getting too much more for him, I really want Evan turner or chandler parsons tho but that would take way more than just lopez

Really? I thought everyone wanted a small forward just like him. Big , very athletic with a great jumpshot, for a small forward I don't see us getting too much more for him, I really want Evan turner or chandler parsons tho but that would take way more than just lopez
    Buddinger had a season ending injury, and he'll be an RFA next year, so we can get him on the cheap. Even if Buddinger were healthy, we still would never trade Lopez for him straight up. A true 7-footer that plays defense and has a PER of nearly 20 is quite valuable around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Buddinger had a season ending injury, and he'll be an RFA next year, so we can get him on the cheap. Even if Buddinger were healthy, we still would never trade Lopez for him straight up. A true 7-footer that plays defense and has a PER of nearly 20 is quite valuable around the league.
    I agree but people like parsons turner derozan and others i do t think could be had for lopez, what about Budinger and their 1st rounder for lopez and Aminu or greivis

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Technically, Lopez starts, but he is really our 3rd big.
    Looks like you need some math help, nonmath boy.

Player (MPG)

Anderson (33.0)
    Davis (31.2)
    Lopez (26.3)
    Smith (17.7)

No need to thank me. I do it for the love of the game.

You sure can. That is just one spot out of 4. More precisely just one spot out of a 8/9 man rotation.

The Hornets problems are not at center.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You sure can. That is just one spot out of 4. More precisely just one spot out of a 8/9 man rotation.

The Hornets problems are not at center.
    4?

4?
    4 other starting spots I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Prisoner of the moment. Yes, he played great last night, but are we already forgetting the three game stretch last week where he had 3 defensive rebounds total?

He is a solid 3rd or 4th big, but as countless others have address, AD and Davis will each need 35 minutes a night when this team hits its peak and J-Smitty is a good 3rd big. Plus, there will be more bigs available this offseason than wings and PG's.

And the reason Lopez is in all these trade scenarios isn't because we think he stinks- quite the opposite. He is one of the only Hornets with trade value. It is a compliment to how he is playing. Of course we all would prefer to give up Aminu or Henry, but no team in the league would give back anything of value for those guys.

If you want to propose a realistic trade scenario, the only thing of value you can put on the Hornets end is Lopez, their 1st, and maybe Vasquez. So no, people will not stop.Sorry.

Well in that case... the trade deadline cannot get here fast enough so these 2k13 GM's can stop the foolishness. The team is what it is a work in progress.

Thread Information