Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

I don't understand why so many fans want our starting center to be traded??? I'm totally confused about why his name is always brought up in trade talks from the standpoint of the old philosophy - You never trade BIGS for guards unless that player is a top-tier performer night-in and night-out. Robin has loads of potential and is still developing as a legit starting C. Everybody needs to chill and let this guy continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    I don't understand why so many fans want our starting center to be traded??? I'm totally confused about why his name is always brought up in trade talks from the standpoint of the old philosophy - You never trade BIGS for guards unless that player is a top-tier performer night-in and night-out. Robin has loads of potential and is still developing as a legit starting C. Everybody needs to chill and let this guy continue to improve.
    Only way I trade him is for a legit scoring small forward and we sign al Jefferson and draft shabazz or Otto porter

ryno and davis is our starting frontcourt of the future so you trade lopez if you can improve your team

U only trade him if u get equal value and for a 7 ft defensive stud with a great developing post game who is 24 and on the cheap his value is thru the roof, he owned hibbert

Like I said we would have to get a legit small forward like Paul George or someone of that nature and sign al Jefferson cuz u need a true center

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    U only trade him if u get equal value and for a 7 ft defensive stud with a great developing post game who is 24 and on the cheap his value is thru the roof, he owned hibbert
    lopez is not a defensive stud...we would not be the worst defensive team in basketball if that were the case

The Lopez trades have basically been for 1 player and that is Eric Bledsoe. If you wouldn't trade Lopez for Bledsoe then you obviously have never watched him play. Lopez has played very well and at other times looks like one of the most unathletic, bad shot taking, and slow defenders. He is very valuable to us but no where near what Bledsoe would be. Lopez is replaceable and Bledoes don't come around to often.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The Lopez trades have basically been for 1 player and that is Eric Bledsoe. If you wouldn't trade Lopez for Bledsoe then you obviously have never watched him play. Lopez has played very well and at other times looks like one of the most unathletic, bad shot taking, and slow defenders. He is very valuable to us but no where near what Bledsoe would be. Lopez is replaceable and Bledoes don't come around to often.
    well said...bledsoe could be a difference maker

All Monty Williams talked about over the years was the lack of height on the team. Listen to his quotes from the playoff games vs the Lakers and last season. Monty wanted 7footers and now he has that in Lopez so why would they just trade him. The guy has played better than anyone imagined but we still want to send him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    All Monty Williams talked about over the years was the lack of height on the team. Listen to his quotes from the playoff games vs the Lakers and last season. Monty wanted 7footers and now he has that in Lopez so why would they just trade him. The guy has played better than anyone imagined but we still want to send him off.
    Because with the news of Anthony Davis growing 1/2 an inch and growth plates are still open he is basically a 7'. We have 1 In Jason Smith who has been hurt and I like at the Venter spot just as much as Lopez. Idc how tall Anderson is but 6'10 is no slouch Lopez can be replaced this offseason with Jefferson or the wealth of 7's in next years draft. Name a PG you see us being able to land within the next 3 years that has Bledsoe capability. I can name at least 5 centers through draft and free agency I would take over Lopez as a possible replacement.

So they are even then.
    I remember Hibbert got like 11 blocks that game and 8 were against Lopez.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    So they are even then.
    I remember Hibbert got like 11 blocks that game and 8 were against Lopez.
    While that may be true, Lopez was still able to get 17 FTA's and got 21 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 steals in that game. Lopez has done very well against Hibbert this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    While that may be true, Lopez was still able to get 17 FTA's and got 21 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 steals in that game. Lopez has done very well against Hibbert this season.
    Hey I agree......i'm just saying that he has hardly owned Hibbert this season!
    He has matched him very well though.
    Which is great to see.
    5M contract V's a 14M contract......i'm very happy with.

I don't understand
    Agreed. You don't understand.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I will admit again that I was a little leery about what Lopez would bring us and I have been pleasantly surprised, to say the least....going on the premise that Gordon will eventually pan out (which still could be a big one), Lopez's presence has bolstered the 5 spot to the point where its only our 3rd greatest need to upgrade....its become more and more apparent to me that the Bledsoe's and Teague's of the world need to be pursued and then we need to address the need for a big league 3...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

When Gordon comes back all wended is a SF

1) Lopez doesn't have "loads of potential." He pretty much is what he is, and his ceiling is limited by his lack of athleticism. I admit, I was very much hoping that he would regain the athletic ability he had when he entered the league, but his knee injuries did him in. He can barely even get off the ground, but his basketball I.Q. helps him get into great defensive positioning. He is definitely a legit starter, and he has a lot of value around the league, but he won't be much better than he is right now.

2) We should only trade him for great value. It's not the same situation as when people were clamoring to trade Aminu. We don't want to dump Lopez for scraps. Lopez's value is at an all-time high, and we should capitalize before it dissipates.

3) The main reason we should trade Lopez for a starting PG or SF is because Davis should end up being our center of the future. Once he gets stronger, he'll be a perfect center. He and Anderson need 35 minutes a game, and that means we don't need a stud at center. We just need a guy like Jason Smith who can play both positions and can give us a solid 20 min/game. We can add another guy to the mix come the off season, but right now, we should capitalize on Lopez's inflated value.

We don't need a pg rivers will be fine and when gordon comes back our passing will also improve, we need a scoring small forward

We better not trade him. I just ordered my Lopez Rougarou jersey. He can be the starting center AND the mascot next year.

Prisoner of the moment. Yes, he played great last night, but are we already forgetting the three game stretch last week where he had 3 defensive rebounds total?

He is a solid 3rd or 4th big, but as countless others have address, AD and Davis will each need 35 minutes a night when this team hits its peak and J-Smitty is a good 3rd big. Plus, there will be more bigs available this offseason than wings and PG's.

And the reason Lopez is in all these trade scenarios isn't because we think he stinks- quite the opposite. He is one of the only Hornets with trade value. It is a compliment to how he is playing. Of course we all would prefer to give up Aminu or Henry, but no team in the league would give back anything of value for those guys.

If you want to propose a realistic trade scenario, the only thing of value you can put on the Hornets end is Lopez, their 1st, and maybe Vasquez. So no, people will not stop.Sorry.
    @mcnamara247

STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

He is a solid 3rd or 4th big, but as countless others have address, AD and Davis will each need 35 minutes a night
    70 minutes in a game, that's gotta be a record on minutes played. Speaking there's only 48 minutes of game play lol

The team would trade Lopez for Bledsoe and then you all will try to figure out who the team can trade Bledsoe for next.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    70 minutes in a game, that's gotta be a record on minutes played. Speaking there's only 48 minutes of game play lol
    2 positions, he meant AD and Anderson, C and PF: 96 MPG

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Like I said we would have to get a legit small forward like Paul George or someone of that nature and sign al Jefferson cuz u need a true center
    Lopez for George? Lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    The team would trade Lopez for Bledsoe and then you all will try to figure out who the team can trade Bledsoe for next.
    I'm willing to take that risk.

Thread Information