Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Prisoner of the moment. Yes, he played great last night, but are we already forgetting the three game stretch last week where he had 3 defensive rebounds total?
    I really don't know what you expected? He isn't going to average 10 rebounds a game, we all knew that coming in (i guess not all of us). He isnt a high rebound guy, especially after his surgery and if you thought he would be then you didnt do your homework. He is going to give us a decent offense game at the center position and he is going to play good defense. He isn't going to win many tipoffs or dunk from the free throw line while jumping over a kia. Sorry but you are dead wrong.

I like Lopez. I would rather suck with him, than trade him for another marginal talent (and still suck). Lets face it, if we package him in any other trade we won't be getting worth while.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I really like Lopez, and I don't think there are a lot Center at that level for 5 mio on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Pon View Post
    I really like Lopez, and I don't think there are a lot Center at that level for 5 mio on the market!
    The only Centers not on rookie scale deals that you can argue are having better seasons making less money are JJ Hickson and Pekovic. So, you are correct, he is a great value overall. That has never been the question. The question is: Are you better served with a lesser player as your 4th big and a significant improvement in your backcourt or is your team better served keeping Lopez and hoping to fill in the holes in another way?

No right or wrong answer, but that is the question because there is no doubt to the answer if the question simply is- Does Lopez provide good value for his contract?
    @mcnamara247

Define "improvement to your backcourt."

Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Kyle Lowry, Gerald Henderson, Alexey Shved- guys like that who could be part of a trade involving multiple pieces. You get one of those guys, then sign someone like Mozgov in the offseason for less than Lopez.

Would you rather have Henderson and Mozgov or Lopez and a Roger Mason type? Both pairs cost you around 6.5 million. Again, no right answer, but it is a debate- not like it is clear as day either way

STOP THE ROBIN LOPEZ TRADE SCENARIOS!!!!!

I'd take Henderson and Greg Oden over Lopez and mason

Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Kyle Lowry, Gerald Henderson, Alexey Shved- guys like that who could be part of a trade involving multiple pieces. You get one of those guys, then sign someone like Mozgov in the offseason for less than Lopez.

Would you rather have Henderson and Mozgov or Lopez and a Roger Mason type? Both pairs cost you around 6.5 million. Again, no right answer, but it is a debate- not like it is clear as day either way
    I've been saying adding Avery Bradley could be a really good sneaky good move.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I would take a shot at Oden once he's ready ... again.

isn't this year the year he's suppose to be ready? Rehab last season then come back for this season.

Yeah, he'll be back very soon. I heard something like Jan 2nd. He still has a year on his rookie deal though so i doubt Boston moves him.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I've been saying adding Avery Bradley could be a really good sneaky good move.
    Here's the deal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqongzc

Plus the Celtics throw in two 1st rounders.

Fab Melo has actually been playing well in the D-League. Could get 8 minutes next year, 12 the year after, etc. Bradley was as hyped as Eric Bledsoe is now before the injury. Elite on-ball defender.

Would have

GV/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Bradley
    /Miller
    Anderson/Smith/L. Thomas
    Davis/Melo

Plus a high 1st rounder and 17 million in cap space next summer
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 12-26-2012 at 06:34 PM.

10 points in the 1st quarter for Lopez. But it's just 1 game.

^

My bad 14

Here's the deal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqongzc

Plus the Celtics throw in two 1st rounders.

Fab Melo has actually been playing well in the D-League. Could get 8 minutes next year, 12 the year after, etc. Bradley was as hyped as Eric Bledsoe is now before the injury. Elite on-ball defender.

Would have

GV/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Bradley
    /Miller
    Anderson/Smith/L. Thomas
    Lopez/Melo

Plus a high 1st rounder and 17 million in cap space next summer
    You mean Davis instead of Lopez.

Dude is more than a 4th big... he's only 3rd on this team b/c we are abundantly rich with Davis and Anderson. Anderson's D isn't nearly as good as Rolo. Perhaps give him another year of recovery and see if his rebounding improves? Or better yet, more time in the system.

Rolo is a starter and could be the Defensive anchor on this team for years to come. Add in his improved offense and mean streak w/ his ridiculously awesome contract and that we gave him the chance to start when no one would? Yeah... better move him ASAP.

He is NOT going to be traded. Anyone wasting time including Lopez in a trade needs to find a hobby fast. Monty loves the length and he is developing a culture, And you cannot do that trading strong assets for " the sexy window dress"

Especially with the contract he has, even if next year he comes out and regressed for some reason. We can trade him or release him at the end of the year. Don't know why anyone would want to trade him. This is the center we have been waiting for since Tyson's first year here.

First Davis and Anderson were going to be the starting front court. Then they sign Lopez so he's just going to come off the bench to spell Davis.

Now that he's starting and playing well...TRADE HIM!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Henderson and Bradley would be good grabs for Lopez, and I would be okay with trading him for them. Neither Lowry nor Alexey Shved would be available IMO as their teams don't need a big more than a starting wing. I don't thing Lopez would be good enough to grab Bledsoe, but I would be extremely happy if we could.

Yeah, I forgot. Fans only want to trade their bad players and expect to get a king's ransom for them.

When will people understand that those who are pro trading Lopez want to move him because he is good, not because we think he stinks? To get quality, you have to give quality.

But we can stop the Lopez trade scenarios and go back to the Trade Ideas that involve us moving Henry or Aminu for a quality starter. I'm on board with that

Lets not trade anyone, let aminu and Henry expire and build this team through the draft and free agency? Why make trades this year when we aren't doing anything?

Some people want to trade just because. If we need to trade good players let's put Davis and Anderson on the block, those guys have great upside.

I understand. But Lopez playing this way on a fairly normal clip would be amazing. There is enough game time for he ad23 and ryno to all play enough

Yeah, I forgot. Fans only want to trade their bad players and expect to get a king's ransom for them.

When will people understand that those who are pro trading Lopez want to move him because he is good, not because we think he stinks? To get quality, you have to give quality.

But we can stop the Lopez trade scenarios and go back to the Trade Ideas that involve us moving Henry or Aminu for a quality starter. I'm on board with that
    But for that kind of trade to work, shouldn't you have some ready prospect to take that player's place? There is a limit to trading players who are good for you. You only do that when you are stacked at one spot. At this point in time the Hornets are not. Davis isnt ready, J. Smith can't play extended minutes and is prime for injuries for his physcial style, and whoever you bring in to fill that spot will throw off team chemistry this season or be a ?? next season.

Just doesn't make sense to trade Lopez. X and Aminu are definitely better trade prospects right now.

Thread Information