Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Pacers at Mosquitoes

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    According to Monty, that was their plan, so they must have practiced the scenarios. They just didn't execute and there is no leader on the floor to make them execute.

Really need J Smoove back as well.
    He was sounding optimistic about his injury so hopefully his optimism will turn out to be what he hopes for.

Missed the game tonight, but after hearing we blew a 22 point lead, I'm glad I did.

After seeing West torch us, I'll spend the rest of my night watching Jack & Landry play well and sulk in depression

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    After seeing West torch us, I'll spend the rest of my night watching Jack & Landry play well and sulk in depression

Still depressed?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    @LSUhornet17: Dell Demps just told us that Anthony Davis has grown a half inch since coming to New Orleans. Said MRI's show growth plates still open
    Huh.

^^ I saw that. Crazy right?

Davis has not yet settled into that body.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Lopez is 24 and frankly giving you what you need from a center (outside of foul trouble). Why would you trade that away?
    I only want to trade Lopez for great value, and I feel like LAC with Bledsoe is a great fit. They need a center, and we need a PG. It just works.

And yeah, there are just too many decent center prospects in the upcoming draft/FA period. I feel like Lopez is replaceable, and a guy like Hickson is top on my list. I think we can get him for around $8 million a year, and he is a very good player.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I only want to trade Lopez for great value, and I feel like LAC with Bledsoe is a great fit. They need a center, and we need a PG. It just works.

And yeah, there are just too many decent center prospects in the upcoming draft/FA period. I feel like Lopez is replaceable, and a guy like Hickson is top on my list. I think we can get him for around $8 million a year, and he is a very good player.
    Hickson would be a nice one.... I would like to see a bit more of him, but I like the kid in Houston too....Greg Smith...
    Last edited by ramsters60; 12-22-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Gameday Thread: Pacers at Mosquitoes

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    It's one game.

Let's chill out.
    Maybe you are blind but he has been playing great all year. Lets use our brains.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

I would trade Lopez in a heartbeat for young talent. This season's lost anyway outside of development. Last season showed us our diamonds in the rough.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Maybe you are blind but he has been playing great all year. Lets use our brains.
    11 PPG and 5 rebounds is "great" for a starting Center or great for Robin Lopez? If it's the former, I disagree, the latter, I agree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    11 PPG and 5 rebounds is "great" for a starting Center or great for Robin Lopez? If it's the former, I disagree, the latter, I agree.
    He's getting 25 minutes a game which isn't really starters minutes. Also, he's blocking 2 shots a game and has a TS% of around 58% (might be 60% after tonight), which is great. Also add in the fact that he forces his opponents to 0.77 PPP, good for 61st in all of the NBA (and by far the best on the Hornets) and forces roll men in the P&R to shoot 4/21 (19%) and only get 0.36 PPP, you can say he's been playing great defense.

If we're going to use stats to judge a player's performance, let's do a little bit more than basic points and rebounds.

JJ is torching the Lakers right now. 22 & 8 at the moment off the bench

I don't think he's coming thru that door.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    sums up the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    He's getting 25 minutes a game which isn't really starters minutes. Also, he's blocking 2 shots a game and has a TS% of around 58% (might be 60% after tonight), which is great. Also add in the fact that he forces his opponents to 0.77 PPP, good for 61st in all of the NBA (and by far the best on the Hornets) and forces roll men in the P&R to shoot 4/21 (19%) and only get 0.36 PPP, you can say he's been playing great defense.

If we're going to use stats to judge a player's performance, let's do a little bit more than basic points and rebounds.
    I'm just not saying it's great. I think it's been great compared to what i was expecting from him, which is exactly what i said.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Okay now I'm depressed.

Jack is on fire, just tied the game up with like 16 seconds.

I totally agree with you. Lopez is doing a fine job and he is on a great contract.

Everyone says it takes big men longer to develop. Lopez is only 24 and is improving right in front of our eyes. He has been great defensively and seems to have some post game. He does have subpar games but good games are becoming more frequent. He also brings a little fire and i can see him developing into a team leader in the future.

So Lets see healthy young center on a great contract who is capable of 20-10 nights and is playing great defensively. And we* want to trade him because we* think there are a plethora of talented bigs in this years draft and Bledsoe may/may not solve our issues at pg? Personally I say heck no let him and AD develop together and have a deep frontcourt for years to come. I don't feel like waiting on a rookie big to take years to come around. Besides I would rather draft a carter-Williams or marcus smart if we can't land shabazz.

As a side note do people not realize poor guard play is hurting Lopez's game too. Poor spacing and ball movement. Plus no respect for shooters so lane is crowded. Get good wings and Lopez's rebounding and points go up.

I completely disagree. Go find me a 7 foot center that can give you 2 blocks a game, defend the post, and score with good efficiency at a decent clip. He's 24, and he's on an amazing (I cannot stress that enough, compare what Lopez makes to other centers and then add in all the flexibility we have) contract in his prime. He could be playing at this level (or an even better one) for us for the next 6 years.
    This, especially the the part in bold.

By way of comparison, Hibbert is being paid three times what Lopez is, for little discernible difference in production. Both Portland and Indy were willing to pay that price too.

I really don't see us making a major trade- our sparse trade capital includes only guys whom we pretty much want to keep. We'll be drafting high, then looking for another FA signing in the manner of Ryno I would think.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Clearly I miss D West, one of my favorite Hornets ! Loving his shooting touch.
    I missed the game but we led the Pacers by 22 I guess the effort was their but not for the entire game as usual.
    I saw some nice things in the recap. Now we have to go back to work.

Congratulations Mr Lopez ! If Brook can do it, there's no reason you can't !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    For those interested, my story from the game last night. Has quotes from Monty, Lopez, Davis and Anderson -

we play the magic & the raptors next... really coulda greeted Gordon back with a nice 3 game win streak to get goin

I didn't even know Hibbert just turned 26 this month. I thought he was about 23 or 24.

Thread Information