Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It's pretty hard to get suspended in the Kings organization. I'd be very weary of the kid. I want him nowhere near Davis. He's one of those guys you'll love to have at 26-27 when he matures but hate to have to develop him at 22.
    That team is turning into what the Wizards were. No one's heard anything bad about Nick Young, Blatche or McGee since they left that poorly ran organization

Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    That team is turning into what the Wizards were. No one's heard anything bad about Nick Young, Blatche or McGee since they left that poorly ran organization
    There's a big reason why. They are all playing insignificant roles on their respective teams. Cousins isn't a guy any team can bring him in and he'll accept 20-25 minutes off the bench. Neither McGee nor Young were head cases. They were low IQ players. Blatche is the only one that comes to mind and he's playing with 4 Allstars vets.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That isn't to say those three still aren't doing some of the same things they became notorious for, but the structure is so strong where they are now, that it isn't disruptive.

Saw this one coming. Had some possible trade ideas in this piece a few weeks ago:

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/11/24...tion-projects/
    @mcnamara247

The odds of the latest incident inspiring the Kings to consider trading Cousins are slim to none, as he is considered the centerpiece of their prolonged rebuilding effort.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...itely/1786651/

Cousins is expected to work with agent Dan Fegan now, a move that could spell trouble for the Kings going forward.

Fegan is one of the most powerful agents in the NBA, and his most recent high-profile situation is the very sort of scenario the Kings – and every other team, for that matter – would like to avoid. Fegan was instrumental in Dwight Howard's exodus from Orlando to the Lakers last summer, having presented the Magic with a list of teams (Brooklyn, Dallas, and the Lakers) to which Howard was willing to re-sign if traded. Fegan's last extensive dealings with the Kings were in 2009, and they were far from positive for either side.

hiring the agent that got Dwight out of Orlando sure doesn't sound like his futures in Sactown. from the same article

hiring the agent that got Dwight out of Orlando sure doesn't sound like his futures in Sactown. from the same article
    It also ensures it will be handled very poorly.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

That to me says he out of there. Too many incidents.

Yes I want Demarcus cousins dude is a freak him and ad would compliment each other perfectly

You guys really want cousins here? He was suspended for fighting with his coach, saying his sick of losing..
    How do you think he would fit here, although we would win a lot more with him on the team.

I'd want him on a veteran team with dominant personalities who could keep him in line with a strong established culture. I don't see how if you put him on a young team without strong personalities, he wouldn't create the same dysfunctional mess he's left in Sacramento because it's all he knows and there's no established star to keep him from doing that. I also think he'd clash with Monty and be a headache ad infinitum.

Hopefully this also means Cousins will get moved without getting equal value.

Welcome to NOLA?

Cousins and AD would be crazy but I think we need help at the 3 right now
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

I wanted cousins before the season started...but dude is a stable player. He doesn't need to become a locker room cancer or a bad example for some of the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Cousins and AD would be crazy but I think we need help at the 3 right now
    Only real help I can imagine as gettable is Luol Deng. But people are scared of his contract.

Do not want Cousins. He's insane, a headcase.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Reinstated after a single game...

How dare you go at our coach! You get a timeout!

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Reinstated after a single game...
    How To Ru(i)n a Franchise, the top selling book by the Maloof Brothers!

Thread Information