Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

What do you think it will take to get him.

I posted this in another thread, 3-way trade, gives us both Cousins and Bledsoe. Sacramento also gets our 1st round pick, top-7 protected.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7cpnor

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I posted this in another thread, 3-way trade, gives us both Cousins and Bledsoe. Sacramento also gets our 1st round pick, top-7 protected.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7cpnor
    Why does Sacramento make this deal?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Why does Sacramento make this deal?
    Firstly, they are desperate to get rid of Cousins. I think this was the last straw, and Smart was the only guy in that franchise that defended Cousins, and even he said he has some decisions to make.

Also, they get a lot of quality depth/locker room guys in this trade, plus a 1st round pick. Butler starts at SF, Jason Smith starts at PF, and Vasquez is either a starter or a 6th man for them. Turiaf gives them cheap depth at Center and helps them get through this season.

Cousins' value is at an all-time low, so they won't get what he's worth. This is a good offer, IMO.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    They wouldn't. He's probably going to say that they have no choice and should take whatever they can, which is true to an extent. But they arnt that desperate and he's under contract so they will get better offers than that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Also, nothing wrong with creating a separate thread for this. This is involves actual news. I mean it's not like we have a massive flood of the same topics going on. Just different threads for acquiring different players.

Anywho. Has there EVER been a trade suggestion that everyone went 'What a brilliant move. I never even thought of it. I hope we do this!'?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    They wouldn't. He's probably going to say that they have no choice and should take whatever they can, which is true to an extent. But they arnt that desperate and he's under contract so they will get better offers than that.
    You really think other teams are going to give up top dollar for Cousins? There is no chance. I think Smith and Vasquez are long-term glue guys for them, Butler starts and is a nice expiring next year as a trade asset, and they get a 1st round pick from a horrible team. That is good value, considering their situation.

You really think other teams are going to give up top dollar for Cousins? There is no chance. I think Smith and Vasquez are long-term glue guys for them, Butler starts and is a nice expiring next year as a trade asset, and they get a 1st round pick from a horrible team. That is good value, considering their situation.
    Not top dollars, just more than our scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Also, nothing wrong with creating a separate thread for this. This is involves actual news. I mean it's not like we have a massive flood of the same topics going on. Just different threads for acquiring different players.

Anywho. Has there EVER been a trade suggestion that everyone went 'What a brilliant move. I never even thought of it. I hope we do this!'?
    I suggested Kaman and Ariza for Lewis and something else (can't remember), and everyone called me a moron and how Washington would never do that. Look what happened. Kaman actually had way more value than Okafor, and they still made the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Not top dollars, just more than our scraps.
    Jason Smith and Vasquez are elite bench players, and they are both young and on great contracts. Our 1st round pick is worth a lot, so I don't see how that is scraps.

Jason Smith and Vasquez are elite bench players, and they are both young and on great contracts. Our 1st round pick is worth a lot, so I don't see how that is scraps.
    Not trying to argue with you but I would disagree. Just go look at almost every other teams message board. They are talking about how they can get him too. I don't see them biting unless you completely unprotected the pick, but hey itd all opinion

I'd go as far as making our first rounder top-five protected.

Bledsoe & Cousins together seems too much of a win for us... but I think Cousins is very available right now. That team needs defense, not offense, so something built around Lopez, Aminu (theyre lacking at the 3) and maybe Vazquez to a third team because they don't need any more PGs.

I suggested Kaman and Ariza for Lewis and something else (can't remember), and everyone called me a moron and how Washington would never do that. Look what happened. Kaman actually had way more value than Okafor, and they still made the deal.
    That's kind of what I'm saying. Every suggested trade by a fan gets crapped on. But the trades that actually happen, I mean everyone said Orlando would make a killing when they unloaded Howard...didn't quite happen as planned did it?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c74wgo4

Hornets get:
    Evans
    Bledsoe

Kings get:
    Odom
    Aminu
    Hornets unprotected 2013 1st

Clippers get
    Cousins
    Smith
    Vasquez

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe986 View Post

Hornets get:
    Evans
    Bledsoe

Kings get:
    Odom
    Aminu

Clippers get
    Cousins
    Smith
    Vasquez
    A- Say no to Evans.
    B- The last thing I want to see is the Clippers with a post presence.
    C- Kings are getting almost nothing here.

Hornets get:
    Evans
    Bledsoe

Kings get:
    Odom
    Aminu

Clippers get
    Cousins
    Smith
    Vasquez
    Wouldn't it make more sense to swap Cousins to us and Evans to the Clippers? Willie Green starts at the 2 for LAC, they could use 'Reke and Cousins isn't a bench C and they aren't going to bench DeAndre. Other than that, it could actually work

Hornets get:
    Evans
    Bledsoe

Kings get:
    Odom
    Aminu

Clippers get
    Cousins
    Smith
    Vasquez
    Wouldn't it make more sense to swap Cousins to us and Evans to the Clippers? Willie Green starts at the 2 for LAC, they could use 'Reke and Cousins isn't a bench C and they aren't going to bench DeAndre. Other than that, it could actually work

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cgb27ro

Hornets get:
    Cousins
    Bledsoe
    Garcia

Kings get:
    Lopez
    Odom
    Aminu

Clippers get
    Evans
    Smith
    Vasquez

Why do we do this?
    We get two promising players to put together an amazing core of Bledsoe, Gordon, Davis, Anderson & Cousins. We get some much added low post toughness and an athletic guard

Why do the Kings do this?
    They have a log jam at the guard and Cousins is hurting the team and is suspended. Give them a defensive presence at the 5, something they desperately need. They also get to dump Garcia's awful contract. Get a first round pick that will most likely be top 10 and Odom's expiring contract gives them lots of cap room.

Why do the Clippers do this?
    Willie Green is not a great starting SG and Tyreke is a natural 2. Big upgrade and since Bledsoe doesn't play too much with CP3 on the team, GV is a veteran backup for a contender. Jason Smith is the most underrated part of all this, some much needed Frontcourt depth for a foul-prone duo of Jordan & Griffin
    Last edited by AD23nEG10; 12-22-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cgb27ro

Hornets get:
    Cousins
    Bledsoe
    Garcia

Kings get:
    Odom
    Aminu

Clippers get
    Evans
    Smith
    Vasquez

Why do we do this?
    We get two promising players to put together an amazing core of Bledsoe, Gordon, Davis, Anderson & Cousins. We get some much added low post toughness and an athletic guard

Why do the Kings do this?
    They have a log jam at the guard and Cousins is hurting the team and is suspended. Give them a defensive presence at the 5, something they desperately need. They also get to dump Garcia's awful contract. Get a first round pick that will most likely be top 10 and Odom's expiring contract gives them lots of cap room.

Why do the Clippers do this?
    Willie Green is not a great starting SG and Tyreke is a natural 2. Big upgrade and since Bledsoe doesn't play too much with CP3 on the team, GV is a veteran backup for a contender. Jason Smith is the most underrated part of all this, some much needed Frontcourt depth for a foul-prone duo of Jordan & Griffin
    Did you mean to put Lopez over Aminu? Otherwise, the Kings' description makes no sense.

no the guy is too much of a headcase

Cousins is suspended indefinitely from the Kings, should we?

It's pretty hard to get suspended in the Kings organization. I'd be very weary of the kid. I want him nowhere near Davis. He's one of those guys you'll love to have at 26-27 when he matures but hate to have to develop him at 22.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Did you mean to put Lopez over Aminu? Otherwise, the Kings' description makes no sense.
    my bad, Odom Aminu & Lopez, i'll fix it

I don't see LAC giving up Odom. He is their only depth, and they like him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It's pretty hard to get suspended in the Kings organization. I'd be very weary of the kid. I want him nowhere near Davis. He's one of those guys you'll love to have at 26-27 when he matures but hate to have to develop him at 22.
    I'm a little weary, but only because of the distraction aspect. I don't think for one iota of a second that Cousins would somehow influence Davis in some negative fashion.

Thread Information