CLIPPERS GET:
    pg Grevais Vasquez
    pf Derrick Williams
    c Robin Lopez

WOLVES GET:
    sg Xavier Henry
    sf Al Farouq-Aminu
    pf Lamar Odom
    Hornets 2013 1st round draft pick (Top 3 protected)

WHY?

Hornets:
    Get 2 PGs -- one young star, another veteran bench player -- that solidifies the PG position. A starting SF who can shoot on kick-outs from Bledsoe and Gordan and defend. And a young, expiring center. They would have to convince Budinger to extend. This makes our direction in the off season obvious - we look for a center.

Bledsoe / Ridnour / Roberts
    Gordon / Rivers
    Budinger / Miller / Thomas
    Davis / Anderson
    Smith / Hollins

Clippers:
    They replace there young bench PG with another, and add scary depth to the front-court with Williams and Lopez which is all that is missing currently from their roster .

Paul / Vasquez
    Green / Crawford / Billups
    Butler / Barnes / Hill
    Griffin / Williams / Thompkins
    Jordan / Lopez

Wolves:
    With Rubio's return, they have little hesitation in shedding their 3rd PG. Same with Budinger now that Kierelenko is playing so well. And Derrick Williams has done little for them that Odom couldn't do better. All their new pieces are expiring. They also gain a potential lottery selection.

Rubio / Barrea
    Sved / Lee / Henry
    Kerelenko / Aminu / Howard
    Love / Odom / Cunningham
    Pekovic / Seisma

NO / LAC / MIN

TRADE SCENARIO THREAD OVERLOAD

need a special section just for trade scenarios

That'd be awesome/horrifying
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Odds they would say yes:

Hornets- 95%
    Clippers- 40%
    Wolves- 20%

Clippers want guys that can help them win this year if they move Bledsoe. Lopez kinda fills that bill, Derrick Williams does not.

Wolves also have to win now in order to keep Love content

To me, this trade works better if you can involve a 4th team that take Williams and the pick and gives one win now player to the Clippers and another win now player to Minnesota
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Odds they would say yes:

Hornets- 95%
    Clippers- 40%
    Wolves- 20%

Clippers want guys that can help them win this year if they move Bledsoe. Lopez kinda fills that bill, Derrick Williams does not.

Wolves also have to win now in order to keep Love content

To me, this trade works better if you can involve a 4th team that take Williams and the pick and gives one win now player to the Clippers and another win now player to Minnesota

Thanks for the response. I disagree, but am open to being persuaded. Here's why I disagree:

Lopez and Vasquez fit the win now mold. With Griffin taking tons of minutes, do you not think that Williams' talent is worth considering? At what loss, Odom? Is that really the sticking point for the clips? They'd be so much better in the front-court AND have a potential stud. Who's leaving that helps them win now? Odom? I think Odom role is miniscule compared to what they get back. Bledsoe can't even get real minutes. What could they get in return for Odom / Bledsoe / Hollins that helps them now more than this?

Minnesota will win now with that roster healthy. They don't have enough minutes to go around. They loose no one of real consequence in this except Williams who is not helping them win now. Do you think Ridnour will see minutes with Rubio and Barrea? Or Budinger with Kerelenko? All their incoming players expire AND they get a great pick. Why would they say no? Who's leaving that helps them win now? Who could they land for Ridnour / Williams / Budinger that would help them win now?

I'm not being defensive, and I see flaws in the trade, but the win now thing is silly with these teams already loaded. All Clips need is front-court help and all Wolves need is health. Both should contend for a few years. Without moving key pieces, these two teams will only get a deal similar to what I've laid out. Sure DeAndre Jordon or Pekovic could make a huge splash, but those guys aren't getting away.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by jcamp5 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I disagree, but am open to being persuaded. Here's why I disagree:

Lopez and Vasquez fit the win now mold. With Griffin taking tons of minutes, do you not think that Williams' talent is worth considering? At what loss, Odom? Is that really the sticking point for the clips? They'd be so much better in the front-court AND have a potential stud. Who's leaving that helps them win now? Odom? I think Odom role is miniscule compared to what they get back. Bledsoe can't even get real minutes. What could they get in return for Odom / Bledsoe / Hollins that helps them now more than this?

Minnesota will win now with that roster healthy. They don't have enough minutes to go around. They loose no one of real consequence in this except Williams who is not helping them win now. Do you think Ridnour will see minutes with Rubio and Barrea? Or Budinger with Kerelenko? All their incoming players expire AND they get a great pick. Why would they say no? Who's leaving that helps them win now? Who could they land for Ridnour / Williams / Budinger that would help them win now?

I'm not being defensive, and I see flaws in the trade, but the win now thing is silly with these teams already loaded. All Clips need is front-court help and all Wolves need is health. Both should contend for a few years. Without moving key pieces, these two teams will only get a deal similar to what I've laid out. Sure DeAndre Jordon or Pekovic could make a huge splash, but those guys aren't getting away.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
    In the playoffs, the rotation will go down to 8, maybe 9. Personally, I think that if the Clippers move Bledsoe, they will have to get two guys who make their playoff rotation. I think Lopez would, but Williams or Vasquez will not. For instance, in the Clippers trade I proposed, the Clips would have gotten Glen Davis, a guy with heavy playoff experience and fills a need for them at backup 4, Lopez, and Vasquez. As for Wolves, I think they have shown they are more interested in vets than picks and all you have to do is look at last June. They moved the #18 pick for Budinger.

I think you are close, but move those young pieces and picks to someone else and bring vets to the two teams that want them. One guys' opinion at least

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    That'd be awesome/horrifying
    This was meant to describe having a separate section for trade threads, not the trade, sorry

Wolves need outside shooting above all else, I don't see them getting rid of Budinger having only just acquired him. Not sure Odom is the right fit for them either, I doubt he leaves LA again either after last year's hi-jinks.

Adelman doesn't want draft picks, especially if Kahn has the final drafting say- they want to win now.

Conversely, I don't see us trading away a likely top-5 pick, nor Lopez. There's a reason why we acquired him, and he won't be departing without a similarly big and somewhat talented body arriving in return.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

any trade with Minnesota that doesn't net us Love is ridiculous.

Kind of off topic, but I was reading some Clipper Fans say they were asking if Caron Butler and Bledsoe were enough to get Eric Gordon back. I LOL'ed because as Hornets fans we would take far less than that, or, at least, I would.

theres no way i do this... and when teams are 5-22 and rebuilding they dont trade their upcoming top 5 pick ....

Thread Information