Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

VS

Hornets-Spurs Preview

By ALAN FERGUSON
    Posted Dec 20 2012 4:09PM

Another road-heavy stretch left the San Antonio Spurs weary and looking forward to one of their longest homestands of the season.

They'll try to begin that stay by avoiding their longest losing streak in more than 20 months Friday night against the lowly New Orleans Hornets, losers of nine in a row.

San Antonio (19-8) has played 12 of its last 16 games away from home, and that travel appeared to have taken its toll as the Spurs dropped their fourth straight road game Tuesday at Denver.

They couldn't take advantage of Tim Duncan's splendid all-around effort in that 112-106 defeat, their second in as many nights. The veteran had a season-high 31 points along with 18 rebounds, six assists and five blocks, but no other San Antonio player provided more than 16 points.

Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Danny Green and Gary Neal were a combined 11 of 42 in the team's worst shooting performance in nearly a month (40.0 percent).

"We've been on the road a lot and I just think we're a little bit tired and don't have the same energy," Parker said. "It's been a tough schedule but ... now we get two days off to rejuvenate and we have a long stretch at home to get it back."

The Spurs will try to use that rest to help them once again avoid a three-game skid. A 103-88 home win over Boston on Saturday prevented their first such losing streak in the regular season since a set of six consecutive defeats March 23-April 1, 2011.

The first of four straight games at the AT&T Center, where they've won four in a row, could help them stop their slide - and a visit from the Hornets (5-20) probably won't hurt. The Western Conference's last-place team is on the verge of its first 10-game losing streak in eight seasons.

"We have to really focus on these games, get back on a winning streak and get back to feeling good about ourselves," Duncan said.

New Orleans has averaged 88.1 points during its skid, and it had one of its worst offensive performances of the season in a 93-77 road loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. Robin Lopez posted a season-high 22 points and No. 1 overall draft pick Anthony Davis added 16, but no other player scored in double figures as the Hornets shot 38.7 percent - 2 of 19 from 3-point range.

"We have to watch the film and see what we did wrong and what breakdowns we had, so we can execute better," said leading scorer Ryan Anderson, who tied a season low with seven points and missed all eight of his attempts from beyond the arc. "Our focus could be a lot better and our energy. There's a lot of things we can work on."

Heading into the finale of a four-game trip, New Orleans has lost five straight on the road and five consecutive matchups with the Spurs. The Hornets have two wins in their last 19 visits to San Antonio including postseason.

The Spurs, though, needed Parker's go-ahead 3-pointer with 49.6 seconds left to lift them to a 99-95 win in New Orleans in the season opener for both teams Oct. 31. Duncan also hit a pair of late free throws while scoring a game-high 24 points and Parker finished with 23.

Davis had a team-best 21 points in his NBA debut.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20121221/NO...s=iref:nbahpgt[0021200387]

Kawhi Leonard has missed the last 5 weeks but of course he'd return just as the Spurs meet the Hornets.

Gonna be rugged.... (seems like they are all rugged this year.) Oh well. Austin and AD gonna go off tonight!

i hope

I predict our guards get destroyed again... I know surprising right?

Stephen Howard being realistic... I'd be shocked to see Gordon before February. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Stephen Howard being realistic... I'd be shocked to see Gordon before February. lol
    i literally hate steven howard

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    i literally hate steven howard
    He's decent, but he is sometimes hard to follow with his long pauses in between thoughts. Like David Wesley.

Did he not mean it'll be February before he gets regular minutes maybe?

Rougarou.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Did he not mean it'll be February before he gets regular minutes maybe?

Rougarou.
    He said we fans would be lucky to see Gordon before February.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    He's decent, but he is sometimes hard to follow with his long pauses in between thoughts. Like David Wesley.
    wesleys a lot better than howard though

GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

Yeah I rewound it to be sure that was what he actually said. It was. ?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Oh God. Looks I got lucky! I get to hear Sean Elliot tonight!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm gonna bank that that's just whoever that is being pessimistic. If he doesn't play for us till then, it means he aggravated something.

Lets try to keep this game competitive
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

We just need to go ahead and move Rivers to PG when Gordon comes back .. I didn't see it earlier this season but I see pg potential in rivers

Re: GAMEDAY THREAD: Rougarou (5-20) vs Spurs (19-8) 12-21-12

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Oh God. Looks I got lucky! I get to hear Sean Elliot tonight!!!
    You poor soul.

I'll be watching the Hobbit and going to a party in NOLA for my belated birthday tonight, so I will miss this game. Good luck team, and have fun posters!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

What the heck is Monty wearing?

Tiago Spiltter just beat Vasquez down the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    We just need to go ahead and move Rivers to PG when Gordon comes back .. I didn't see it earlier this season but I see pg potential in rivers
    Whatever puts a quicker player with the ball, puts Rivers on a PG, and puts Vasquez on the bench.

Should've kept his dribble. He'll be able to do that some day.

The travel they just called on Rivers I seen LeBron James & Chris Paul do a million times

this is just hard to watch

Monty Williams needs to get with Byron Scott's stylist .. BS was a terrible coach , but he stayed fly on the sidelines

Let the buttkicking begin.

Crab dribble.

They just need my boy to get to chucking. We not going to win anyway with no star players. I mean they got three allstars on their team
    Ballin

Thread Information