Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Honestly, I'd be willing to overpay for Jennings. I think he could be our Tony Parker. He'd be the final big piece to this team. The rest would be filling out role players, which we already have quite a few guys that could fill in like Vasquez, Aminu, Lopez (I think Lopez is more likely to stick around than Smith), and then whoever we draft.

A core of Davis, Gordon, Jennings, and Anderson is one of the best in the NBA for now and the future. The average age would be 23, and even if we maxed out Jennings, we'd only be paying around $40 million every season for 3 seasons. Compare that to what other teams pay their cores. That's incredible.
    Agreed. Time to go spurs model.
    I think another team might also overpay for Jennings though.
    While I think the best move for the franchise is to bring in a allstarish pg. it's just not looking likely this offseason. On another note to spurs model I think Davis makes the move to center sooner rather than later if we don't bring a better one this offseason. This league is over stacked at the 4.

Count me back on the Jennings bandwagon.

Hypothetically, if we do end up signing Jennings, does that mean Vasquez or Rivers are on the way out? Or does Rivers slide over to backup Gordon at the 2 (his weaker position), while Vasquez remains at the 1 (backing Jennings up)?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I don't think Jennings and Gordon are a good match. Honestly I think Vasquez is a better pairing if we are moving forward with Gordon.

I guess it depends on where you want your scoring to come from. Personally I want my PG to rack up Assists like Gravy is doing. Jennings scoring 30 is nice, but I think in 2 years we realistically have 3 players capable of scoring 30 points on any given night with Gordon, Davis, and Anderson. I want someone who will pass dimes to those guys, and Jennings seems more like a scorer.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think if we do add a big name this offseason it will be Jennings.

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

How much do y'all think pek will fetch?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    How much do y'all think pek will fetch?
    I think Pek will fetch around 10M-12M per year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Count me back on the Jennings bandwagon.

Hypothetically, if we do end up signing Jennings, does that mean Vasquez or Rivers are on the way out? Or does Rivers slide over to backup Gordon at the 2 (his weaker position), while Vasquez remains at the 1 (backing Jennings up)?
    I don't know honestly. I think one of them would have to go. Vasquez is too good to just be getting 15 minutes a night. As for who it will be, it depends on if Rivers can show anything the 2nd half of the year and if Vasquez can keep this up. There are questions that will need to be answered like:

Who would fit better with Jennings/Gordon?

How much would Vasquez cost us after next season?

Can Rivers improve enough to where you believe in him to replace GV?

Personally I'd give up on Rivers, and perhaps try to include him in a sign n trade with MIL. I think Vasquez is an excellent fit with Jennings and Gordon. Gives spot up shooting, passing, rebounding, size to compliment their speed and scoring.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The only downside to Jennings is two ball dominant scoring types on the wing that are below 6'4". But that'd be the problem with any elite PG really. So gotta compromise something. Not adverse to Jennings overall. But would Jennings be adverse to being a Pelican?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I thought Rivers was going to be the starting point guard one day, and that the Hornets liked Lopez enough for him to be the starting center.

The Suns are literally not even guarding Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    The Suns are literally not even guarding Bledsoe.
    Is he going off then?

4 points on 4 shots, but he also has 2 steals and 2 boards in the first quarter.

Once again, for people who have yet to watch Bledsoe, he is a severely limited offensive player right now but he is a terror on the ball defensively and can rack up steals in bunches. He is a game changer on the defensive end, not so much offensively.

But that has to be valued. Tony Parker killed us last night, not only with his own offense, but he made Tiago Splitter look like an All-NBA center as well.

That doesn't happen with Bledsoe at the point. No way no how
    @mcnamara247

If Bledsoe was to be our point we would need a stud at SF.

I'm not watching the game but what is Bledsoe doing to stop Dragic? Is Bledsoe guarding Dragic? Dragic has 10pts and 5asts halfway through the 2nd qtr.

Agree 100%.

iggy

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I'm not watching the game but what is Bledsoe doing to stop Dragic? Is Bledsoe guarding Dragic? Dragic has 10pts and 5asts halfway through the 2nd qtr.
    Strange strategy from Vinny Del Negro tonight. Clips are switching every pick and roll. Dragic up to 16 now. I have been watching the whole game, and only 2 have come against Bledsoe. He just hit a three on Blake because they are still switching. I dont get it, but that is Del Negro for ya

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Strange strategy from Vinny Del Negro tonight. Clips are switching every pick and roll. Dragic up to 16 now. I have been watching the whole game, and only 2 have come against Bledsoe. He just hit a three on Blake because they are still switching. I dont get it, but that is Del Negro for ya
    Don't they always do that? There is a team that switches very pick and roll, and I think it could be the Clippers. Or the Cavs?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    iggy
    Dont know if we could land Iggy, but what about Granger? Imagine the Hornets get Bledsoe for their 2013 1st. Then they move Vasquez for Granger. How would this lineup look (if it could stay healthy)

Bledsoe
    Gordon
    Granger
    Davis
    Lopez

Rivers, Aminu, Anderson, and Smith off the bench

Bledsoe leaves the game at the 3 minutes mark of the second quarter and the Clippers proceeded to let Dragic score 9 points right before the half.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dont know if we could land Iggy, but what about Granger? Imagine the Hornets get Bledsoe for their 2013 1st. Then they move Vasquez for Granger. How would this lineup look (if it could stay healthy)

Bledsoe
    Gordon
    Granger
    Davis
    Lopez

Rivers, Aminu, Anderson, and Smith off the bench
    I'd take Granger. Never been a fan of moving Gordon for him but I wouldn't turn him down for Greivis.

I'd take Granger. Never been a fan of moving Gordon for him but I wouldn't turn him down for Greivis.
    Yeah, from some Indiana people I spoke to, the Pacers really want a PG for Granger, will move George to SF full time and go into free agency with nearly 25 million to get a SG and a PF (probably bring back West). They could roll out:

Hill, Mayo, George, West, Hibbert with a deep bench lead by Greivis. Wouldnt be the worst deal for either team, assuming Hornets get another PG like Bledsoe

My biggest thing has always been not to rush into filling holes.

It may be frustrating at times, but is there anyone that wouldn't take another year of Al-Farouq if it meant finding the right guy at a later date? Summer of 2014 maybe?

Greivis for Granger is something I could get behind though, I don't think we would be rushing into anything there.

Wow Clippers announcers still calling Jason Smith a thug....it's been a year

Thread Information