Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Like we did with Darren Collison... no.. .wait...
    It's funny that this particular situation follows Paul, a first round playoff team, trades promising backup PG in hopes of making team better so Paul stays. Lose early in playoffs. Paul leaves.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    It's funny that this particular situation follows Paul, a first round playoff team, trades promising backup PG in hopes of making team better so Paul stays. Lose early in playoffs. Paul leaves.
    IT worked out in the end. Because Collison wasn't nearly as good as people hoped. BUT unlike Collison, Blesdoe is a defender as well as being hella explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    IT worked out in the end. Because Collison wasn't nearly as good as people hoped. BUT unlike Collison, Blesdoe is a defender as well as being hella explosive.
    This is why I like Bledsoe so much. He can't really run an offense, he is a decent passer, his shot is inconsistent, but he is a phenomenal defender.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    But its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Because if the Clips sit on Bledsoe and lose in the first round because they are exposed up front, then Chris Paul sees the team is not making any progress and leaves.

To me, you gotta move Bledsoe for a big and go for it this year- at least make the second round and be competative in that series (unlike last year) for him to stay.

Gotta trade Bledsoe and have faith you can keep CP3 IMO
    But is Bledsoe enought to get you a big that makes that much of a difference? I guess they could throw in picks or other players (or take on contracts) as well.

That's his game, defense. Collison is a better scorer and maybe even a better facilitator, but Bledsoe is a solid defender.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    But is Bledsoe enought to get you a big that makes that much of a difference? I guess they could throw in picks or other players (or take on contracts) as well.
    Rumors are Utah would do Milsap for Bledsoe and an expiring, so yeah, I think Clippers could get a good big. I love Milsap, but I think Vasquez and Lopez are a better package, considering you can keep them for three years (including this one) at about 7.5 mil per year combined
    @mcnamara247

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This is why I like Bledsoe so much. He can't really run an offense, he is a decent passer, his shot is inconsistent, but he is a phenomenal defender.
    Wait, I thought everyone was pissed because Vasquez can't run an offense? Defense is really important. But if he can't facilitate the offense, then is that what we really want?

That's his game, defense. Collison is a better scorer and maybe even a better facilitator, but Bledsoe is a solid defender.
    Saying "solid defender" is doing him a disservice IMO. He is #1 in the entire NBA in steal percentage and is #9 in the league in defensive rating. If and when he becomes a full-time starter, he will be an All-NBA defender. He would also instantly become our best rebounding guard, pulling down nearly 6 per 36 minutes.

Offensively, he is not a playmaker and his range is limited on his jumper. He is at his best off the ball, making hard cuts to the basket or attacking after another guard has broken down the defense and hit him on the weak side. Basically, he would be the perfect guard to pair with Gordon and/or Rivers. That three guard rotation would compliment each other fantastically, especially if Austin can keep improving on his jumper

I'd glady trade a starting guard that can play lockdown D than having some guy that doesn't even find his big on the pick and roll consistently.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'd glady trade a starting guard that can play lockdown D than having some guy that doesn't even find his big on the pick and roll consistently.
    Didn't know there was a correlation between defense and running the pick n roll effectively

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Didn't know there was a correlation between defense and running the pick n roll effectively
    There is between being quick and having excellent strength for one's size and a long wingspan and doing both of those things.

Saying "solid defender" is doing him a disservice IMO. He is #1 in the entire NBA in steal percentage and is #9 in the league in defensive rating. If and when he becomes a full-time starter, he will be an All-NBA defender. He would also instantly become our best rebounding guard, pulling down nearly 6 per 36 minutes.

Offensively, he is not a playmaker and his range is limited on his jumper. He is at his best off the ball, making hard cuts to the basket or attacking after another guard has broken down the defense and hit him on the weak side. Basically, he would be the perfect guard to pair with Gordon and/or Rivers. That three guard rotation would compliment each other fantastically, especially if Austin can keep improving on his jumper
    You have been dead on lately! I think Bledsoe could also develop a better jumper over time. The combo of them would be great together. If Gordon increases his trade value possibilities of a great young SF coming here are good. I love the tutelage Bledose has gotten behind to of the greats. With full time duties guy could maybe be the best PG in the NBA playing a mini LeBron type of roll at the point. He could be the best defender and near triple double every night with 36-40 mins a game. Guy would be a stud with our roster around him.

Can't simply extrapolate his stats playing 18 minutes a game to that of a full time starter. He will have to endure tougher assignments as a starter and will have to handle the rigors of more minutes. Just the law of statistics would make it difficult to say that he will do that over more minutes. Until he does it on a regular basis for an extended period, I think he is solid. He certainly has potential to be an excellent defender long term.

Dallas is loaded at guard and wants move Rodrigue Beaubois (pg) by trade date.....this might be less costly for the Hornets than giving up core players

This is exactly the type of thinking that placed this organization in a state of mediocrity for 20 plus years. This is not the NFL . It is going to take time to build this team the CORRECT way. Anderson has been a GREAT pick up... We are on our way.....

It is going to take time, a healthy Davis, Rivers, and Gordon playing at the same time is all the Christmas present we (fans) "Need" in 2012.
    Last edited by Nola7; 12-21-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Can't simply extrapolate his stats playing 18 minutes a game to that of a full time starter. He will have to endure tougher assignments as a starter and will have to handle the rigors of more minutes. Just the law of statistics would make it difficult to say that he will do that over more minutes. Until he does it on a regular basis for an extended period, I think he is solid. He certainly has potential to be an excellent defender long term.
    This is why I hate per 36mins stats. They make huge assumptions that more mins equal the same rate of production. To get a true feel for a player you have to watch them and their competition.

If you're trying to grade a player solely on stats you would have to break down so many variables it would be hard for even some of the more gun hoe stat guys to comprehend.

Well, I posted the idea on a Clippers forum and they think Blesoe is made out of gold and there is no way we get him without giving up Ryno or Davis or Rivers.

This is the problem with our team right now. We are fairly asset-light. We've built a solid core of young guys, but really don't have any expendable talent at any position (unless you call Aminu talent.) So I expect not a lot of movement, maybe one minor trade, this year. Free agency and draft this offseason is where the big picture will start to become clear. I would like Bledsoe on this team though,

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Well, I posted the idea on a Clippers forum and they think Blesoe is made out of gold and there is no way we get him without giving up Ryno or Davis or Rivers.

This is the problem with our team right now. We are fairly asset-light. We've built a solid core of young guys, but really don't have any expendable talent at any position (unless you call Aminu talent.) So I expect not a lot of movement, maybe one minor trade, this year. Free agency and draft this offseason is where the big picture will start to become clear. I would like Bledsoe on this team though,
    Yeah i agree. I think MM said it best at the beginning of the season. We're very top heavy in concerns to talent. We don't have many valuable assets outside of the guys we dont want to trade outside of picks. One of the biggest reasons the clippers are succeeding is their bench is downright nasty; so i doubt they're going to move a key to that unless it garners another fringe starter in the frontcourt they can make their bench a little more balanced.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nola7 View Post
    This is exactly the type of thinking that placed this organization in a state of mediocrity for 20 plus years. This is not the NFL . It is going to take time to build this team the CORRECT way. Anderson has been a GREAT pick up... We are on our way.....

It is going to take time, a healthy Davis, Rivers, and Gordon playing at the same time is all the Christmas present we (fans) "Need" in 2012.
    Not sure in what way trading for Bledsoe some how relates to being mediocre for a long period of time and has anything to do with the NFL. The NBA and MLB are the two sports that DO have huge trades change fortunes in short order.

When was the last time you saw the teams trade anything but draft picks or lower tier players in the NFL?

Enough with the inciting, attacking and baiting in this thread.

Stay on topic about Bledsoe. This thread isn't about how Drummond stacks up amongst other rookies.

I'm fully on the Bledsoe bandwagon, but there is almost no way we get him in a trade this year (short of gifting the Clips our unprotected 1st). Vazquez and Lopez?? LOL, get real guys.

As difficult as it seems to be for some of you, put yourselves in the Clippers position. They have no reason to trade him this year unless they are absolutely blown away by an offer. He is locked up next year, and will be restricted after that. They still need to sort out the CP3 situation, so it gives them even more incentive NOT to trade him this year.

I realize we like to dream, but let reality sink in. Unless Dell offers the world (more than he is worth), Bledsoe is absolutely, positively NOT coming to the Hornets this season. Period. Best bet is the trade deadline NEXT season or sign him as a restricted after next year and hope the Clips don't match.

what happened to the third page of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    I'm fully on the Bledsoe bandwagon, but there is almost no way we get him in a trade this year (short of gifting the Clips our unprotected 1st). Vazquez and Lopez?? LOL, get real guys.

As difficult as it seems to be for some of you, put yourselves in the Clippers position. They have no reason to trade him this year unless they are absolutely blown away by an offer. He is locked up next year, and will be restricted after that. They still need to sort out the CP3 situation, so it gives them even more incentive NOT to trade him this year.

I realize we like to dream, but let reality sink in. Unless Dell offers the world (more than he is worth), Bledsoe is absolutely, positively NOT coming to the Hornets this season. Period. Best bet is the trade deadline NEXT season or sign him as a restricted after next year and hope the Clips don't match.
    we all recognize this.. any trade would have to come after they lock down cp.. if they do

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    what happened to the third page of this thread?
    hunny b likes to get rid of all the worthless banter.. all caused from that one dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post

I agree plus it's been hard to get the salaries to work realistically in the trade machine. The Clips are over the cap and will be taking way to much salary if we actually give something of value in return. It's not going to happen, so if we don't land Jennings, we will be watching more poor PG play for 2 years.

Thread Information