Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    we all recognize this.. any trade would have to come after they lock down cp.. if they do

I really don't think everyone recognizes this at all, specifically the timeline that it will all happen on. You have an entire thread of people talking about getting him this year. Unless we offer Davis, Ryno or Rivers + unprotected 1st we simply cannot, period. The Clips would be insane to trade an asset like that at this point in his contract. Bad business.

Nothing will get done with CP3 until after the season is over, and even then the Clippers will have the entire season next year to assess the market for Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    I really don't think everyone recognizes this at all, specifically the timeline that it will all happen on. You have an entire thread of people talking about getting him this year. Unless we offer Davis, Ryno or Rivers + unprotected 1st we simply cannot, period. The Clips would be insane to trade an asset like that at this point in his contract. Bad business.

Nothing will get done with CP3 until after the season is over, and even then the Clippers will have the entire season next year to assess the market for Bledsoe.
    1) I think you are WAY overvaluing Bledsoe. He is basically an elite defensive PG with extreme offensive deficiencies in his game. That isn't worth anything near what you are suggesting.

2) LAC is in a win-now mode, and they need more depth/length at center to get through the west. Lopez helps them there, and he is WAY better than Ryan Hollins. Lopez alone in a straight up deal is equal value for Bledsoe, especially with the great contract that Lopez has. Besides that, Bledsoe won't get any minutes once Billups returns. He is looking at 30+ per game.

They are both defensive players, but Lopez has a PER of 20 and Bledsoe has a PER of 23. If their PERs are that similar, you always take the big, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    1) I think you are WAY overvaluing Bledsoe. He is basically an elite defensive PG with extreme offensive deficiencies in his game. That isn't worth anything near what you are suggesting.

2) LAC is in a win-now mode, and they need more depth/length at center to get through the west. Lopez helps them there, and he is WAY better than Ryan Hollins. Lopez alone in a straight up deal is equal value for Bledsoe, especially with the great contract that Lopez has. Besides that, Bledsoe won't get any minutes once Billups returns. He is looking at 30+ per game.

They are both defensive players, but Lopez has a PER of 20 and Bledsoe has a PER of 23. If their PERs are that similar, you always take the big, no questions asked.

It has nothing to do with MY valuation of Bledsoe, but rather the Clippers. His value to the Clippers right now is very high both due to his extremely high bench production, and because of his very favorable contract situation. He is locked up for another season, and restricted after that. The only reason to trade him now is if they get an offer they cannot refuse. Lopez is not even CLOSE to that. Talk about overvaluing. Using only PER to determine the value of a player is ignorance of advanced statistics, plain and simple. On the open market right now the Clips could easily get a Milsap/Jefferson quality big (ie worlds better than Sideshow Rob) plus a draft pick (and maybe more). But you think Lopez will get it done. Lulz.

You speak of them as being "win now," which is funny because by every metric available he is exactly what they need as a bench guard to "win now." Cmon. They have a big rotation of Griffin/Jordan/Odom/Hollins/Turiaf, which is more than adequate. Lopez and his crap rebounding would barely be an upgrade to this unit, and his sterling PER that you are so crazy about would plummet.

The only reason why the Clippers are over-valuing Bledsoe is because CP3 has yet to sign his extension. Once Paul signs, his value will come back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not sure in what way trading for Bledsoe some how relates to being mediocre for a long period of time and has anything to do with the NFL. The NBA and MLB are the two sports that DO have huge trades change fortunes in short order.

When was the last time you saw the teams trade anything but draft picks or lower tier players in the NFL?

In the NFL you can quick fix worst to first within one year . In the NBA you must go through the process of the recreating culture and it takes time. (Especially Small Market) RELAX on all these NBA2k trade scenarios and enjoy the process. One thread title WE MUST TRADE for Jennings the next thread FANS CHRISTMAS present ... Bledsoe just stop it already.

This team is a work in progress Anderson Davis Lopez Rivers all new members of the team and have not even made it to the All Star break and we have guys suggesting trades with Lopez included not to mention .....

" We can throw in a future 1st and Aminu or Vasquez if they want them."

He Can't be Serious.

The point of my post is simply enjoy the process because it finally looks like we are getting it right. You will not see the RG3 or Luck effect (Playoffs) in year one of a lottery picking NBA team.

Don't expect to win 50 plus games and that is ok our time will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yes. There is no quick fix, but that doesn't mean you stand pat and not look to continually improve the roster. You got to weigh the benefits with the risks. If we can acquire talent immediately that stands to benefit you more than waiting later for talent that might not pan out the way we want, you might make the move sooner than later.

Hell, standing pat is how you stay mediocre...not that we're even mediocre. We're pretty awful. I'd quite like to see some mediocre right now.

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Nola7 View Post
    In the NFL you can quick fix worst to first within one year . In the NBA you must go through the process of the recreating culture and it takes time. (Especially Small Market) RELAX on all these NBA2k trade scenarios and enjoy the process. One thread title WE MUST TRADE for Jennings the next thread FANS CHRISTMAS present ... Bledsoe just stop it already.

This team is a work in progress Anderson Davis Lopez Rivers all new members of the team and have not even made it to the All Star break and we have guys suggesting trades with Lopez included not to mention .....

" We can throw in a future 1st and Aminu or Vasquez if they want them."

He Can't be Serious.

The point of my post is simply enjoy the process because it finally looks like we are getting it right. You will not see the RG3 or Luck effect (Playoffs) in year one of a lottery picking NBA team.

Don't expect to win 50 plus games and that is ok our time will come.
    Spot on. It's going to be a lengthy process but should be fun to watch it all unfold. I mean Lebron didn't take his team to the playoffs till his third season. PATIENCE.

All-Star
    i dont understand the love (too much) for Bledsoe. Granted he is an athletic freak, young and exciting to watch. But Ive seen Kentucky and Clipper games so many times and he is a 2guard in a point guards body. I could just imagine how fast Hornet/Pelican fans will turn on him once his here and the turnovers, poor decision-making, silly defensive gambles/fouls ---- and missed jump shots starts to pile up. He'll give us some exciting play here and there but we are overrating his ingame and team value wayyy too much.

We should have our eyes out for Euro point guards who I believe have more of a well-rounded point guard game shved and calderon types.

When does Bledsoe hit free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    When does Bledsoe hit free agency?
    2014/15 he is a RFA

This season, his skill level has begun to catch up with his athletic ability. He has always been lethal around the rim, but he has more confidence in his jumper this year, allowing him to finish on pull-up shots and be more effective from the charity stripe. He’s gone from shooting 39% from the floor to 50%, 64% from the foul-line to 79% and more than doubled his number of free throw attempts. While he still struggles with long two pointers, he’s improved his three-point shot (from 20% to 33%) and become more adept at attacking open spots on the floor instead of settling for jumpers.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...dsoe_Countdown
    Huh.

Probably has to do with THAT why we want the cat. Because he's getting better. Which is what you want young players to do.

I mean, when you describe a player as an athletic freak, young, and fun to watch, then express confusion as to why people love him...I'm not sure what more do you want? Does he need to be all those things and cure world hunger? No one thinks he's the answer to all our problems, but he's everything I want in a PG that isn't a pure dime dealer.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-21-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Maybe in 5 years?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeETLod-Dk4

Watch these highlights and tell me you don't want him. Mini LeBron might be an understatement. This kid is going to be great ill even give this years 1st. Guys like him don't come around very often especially learning behind 2 greats for 2 years. If we get him we are a serious threat to the Thunder for the 2014 season.

Ugh. Extend your damn contract, CP3. Don't really be dead set on New York like everyone keeps saying thaings to that damn wedding toast. Make them cut Bledsoe loose.

He's 6'1" but he plays closer to 6'6".
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-21-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Ugh. Extend your damn contract, CP3. Don't really be dead set on New York like everyone keeps saying thaings to that damn wedding toast. Make them cut Bledsoe loose.

Haha I'm all for a Cp3 extension. NY is a scary possibility though if they can maneuver some space. He really does look 6'6 plus if you don't know he's 6'1 you'd think it haha. Please Chauncy come back great and Bledsoe tweak an ankle.

Unless CP3 is willing to play for the MLE, the only way the Knicks will get him is by trading either Melo or Chandler (at which point, why even go there and waste maybe the last two years of your prime). Melo, TC, and Amare's salaries alone put them right at the tax for 13/14 and 14/15. Amare makes $42m over the next two years and no one will touch him. With the way they're playing + Bledsoe being a very nice trade piece to make their team better, I'd say there's a really good shot at CP3 sticking around in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    {;us you have no idea what his price tag will be in the summer of 2014.
    I think you just created a new smily face design with that typo, dude. {; sweet

Huh.
    No one thinks he's the answer to all our problems, but he's everything I want in a PG that isn't a pure dime dealer.
    I doubt many nba players have to resort to dealing with their kinda salaries, and surely wouldn't be bothering with dime-bags...oh wait...oh ok I see what you meant.

Hehehe. Nice.

Bledsoe had 7 turnovers today in 18 minutes, is that a record?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Sign me up.

This just goes to prove that even a player of his caliber can have an off night.
    So why are some people so hard on our players from time to time?
    Too often we hear the same 'fans' on this forum blast our players when they have a bad game and in the same breath hail them as God's when they play well.

This team is so young and inexperienced as a unit that if we expected them to make the playoff's or just miss out, then you had too high of expectations in the first place.

I'd rather finish 1-5 in the lottery the next two years then to miss out on quality draft picks for the sake of saying we are the 9th or 10th best team in the West.

2014/15 is a whole other story.......I expect top 4-6 by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    And 3 blocks. And 3 steals.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Bledsoe is better with that"two point guard" stuff. i don't think he can handle having the ball in his hands every possesion.

Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

I'd trade for Bledsoe but I wouldn't give up this years pick. Maybe a 2014 pick and players

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information