Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe is a must! Dell get it done! Christmas Present for all fans!

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Everyone who said this trade was stupid and wouldn't happen is starting to look stupid. The Clippers could get great value in return from us and make a deep run in the playoffs. We lose Lopez who has played way better then I ever imagined, but Bledsoe changes us drastically and makes our on ball pressure at the point best in the league. He changes our defense and gives Monty so many options with his pressure. On Offense Davis probably gets 5 plus easy baskets a game when Bledsoe drives the lane. We would be the new lob city especially with Davis still growing. Make it happen!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-22-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Everyone who said this trade was stupid and wouldn't happen is started to look stupid.
    Ahaha

Edit: not really laughing at you, just the situation of someone calling someone else dumb and having a typo.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ahaha

Edit: not really laughing at you, just the situation of someone calling someone else dumb and having a typo.
    Haha it was kinda funny. It's this damn iPad auto correct! Sometimes a lifesaver, but sometimes embarrassing haha.

The Franchise
    Definitely an awesome mix. As long as we can make the move without giving up future picks. I think it'll have to be a three team trade. The way Lopez is playing I think it would be fair straight up but the money doesn't look like it'll work. Maybe we get Grant Hill and another scrub.

His on ball D is incredible! Once he makes a PG give the ball up it is almost impossible for him to get the ball back in his hands. Bledsoe is so quick and sags a little off to jump the ball and other players are scared to make the pass. Clippers are missing that true 7' like Lopez who would be a great fit! Bledsoe barely even plays they have to move him when Chauncey is back. Please keep boosting your trade value Lopez we need this kid!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And almost all of his turnovers are in transition as the byproduct of being too aggressive on a team that flourishes from PG aggression on the break. He's not throwing the ball away in the half court, hell, he made one or two amazing passes when driving.

I want this man on the Pelicans YESTERDAY.

Just tell me who I need to strap to the brainwashing machine to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And almost all of his turnovers are in transition as the byproduct of trying to do too much. He's not throwing the ball away in the half court, hell, he made one or two amazing passes when driving.

I want this man on the Pelicans YESTERDAY.

Just tell me who I need to strap to the brainwashing machine to get it done.
    I think he is pressing to hard a lot of times because he isn't going to be on the court for long. He looks like he is looking for the home run more often then slowing it down. I also think it is his role to come in and play really aggressive to make plays for everyone. His defense would instantly change us though and he would give Davis about 5 more alleys a game. I know its no guarantee but he would turn into a great Pelican!

he has not playing well of late and is not getting many minutes tonight...he only played 4 min in the first half and willie green got 8 minutes!!!

we might not have to give up our first rounder after all

All according to keikaku.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    The guy was absolutely horrendous his first two years. I'd rather see him produce for more than just two months before I want us to go and give up some quality assets for him. Even Aminu looked good at the beginning of this year. I'm not saying Bledsoe is that bad or anything, but let's see if he can keep this up now that he's a focus on the scouting report. Regardless, from what I've seen, I'm really unimpressed with his half-court offensive game which I think could be a big problem for this team. This team will always play at a slow pace and I'm not sure how Bledsoe would do. He really needs to work on his jumper and decision making for him to be a starter in my opinion.

4 turnovers in 12 minutes the guys a turnover machine.

That's actually good in comparison to what he had a few nights ago.

7 TO's in 18 minutes.

Two of them happened in transition when he got caught pressing. Then he has two in half court that came when he was trying to do too much.

It's something he has to work on. That and his shot. It's improved but it needs serious work. Eh. I'm willing to take a chance.

Yet another chance? We have taken plenty of those in our team already

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Yet another chance? We have taken plenty of those in our team already
    Response A: Then what's one more?

Response B: The chance here is whether he'll forge something good out of his jumper. It's far less risky than whether Eric Gordon will be healthy or not. It's not a bad guess to say an young player will continue to improve.

Bledsoe plays another game with 18 minutes and dominates the little things once again. Ill say it again with starter minutes he would be an absolute terror. With Bledsoe at the point of our attack and Davis as our last line of defense we will be the best defensive team in the NBA! He would change us light years. The better Lopez plays the more this trade becomes possible. in 18 minutes he has 3 rebounds 4 assists and 6 steals! Give him 36 mins he has 6 rebounds which is very good for a PG 8 assists which isn't to bad either. Then the 6 steals if they even turn into 10 that is amazing. He does not just jump passes he pressures the ball handler so much and gives them fits. He will change us drastically in the pick&roll, pick&pop, and defensively from what we are now. Our defense jumps at least 10 spots with just his addition and we get 5 more easy buckets in the paint a game from assists.

Bledsoe plays another game with 18 minutes and dominates the little things once again. Ill say it again with starter minutes he would be an absolute terror. With Bledsoe at the point of our attack and Davis as our last line of defense we will be the best defensive team in the NBA! He would change us light years. The better Lopez plays the more this trade becomes possible. in 18 minutes he has 3 rebounds 4 assists and 6 steals! Give him 36 mins he has 6 rebounds which is very good for a PG 8 assists which isn't to bad either. Then the 6 steals if they even turn into 10 that is amazing. He does not just jump passes he pressures the ball handler so much and gives them fits. He will change us drastically in the pick&roll, pick&pop, and defensively from what we are now. Our defense jumps at least 10 spots with just his addition and we get 5 more easy buckets in the paint a game from assists.
    LOL at this

You can't just assume that if you give him double the minutes, he will yield double the results, especially on jst one night.

That's like expecting someone that gets a block in the span of two minutes will therefore produce 18 blocks in 36 minutes. Simply impossible.

He's fantastic defensively and rebounds the ball, yes, but in a half-court offense, he really struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    You can't just assume that if you give him double the minutes, he will yield double the results, especially on jst one night.

That's like expecting someone that gets a block in the span of two minutes will therefore produce 18 blocks in 36 minutes. Simply impossible.

He's fantastic defensively and rebounds the ball, yes, but in a half-court offense, he really struggles.
    Yes but doubling what he did is very possible and i understand he could very possibly not get anything else. He could also do more with playing starter minutes instead of coming off the bench. No thats like saying Davis gets 6 blocks in 18 minutes off the bench but could he do more with 36? Like 10,12,14 blocks maybe? Yes just like it is with him. My point is this kid could easily have double digit rebounds, assist, points, and yes now steals. He is a triple double waiting to happen every night and maybe even a quadruple. Plus you add in the kids blocks he is nuts!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-28-2012 at 12:53 AM.

I'm sorry but not even Chris Paul has netted double digit steals in a single game in his entire career. It's incredibly rare.

If we're going to play the per minute statistics though, the guy only averages 5 assists per 36 minutes yet averages 3.8 turnovers. Besides the alarming turnover rate, he is a horrific outside shooter. Those 2 alone will hold him back until he improves, especially for a team like ourselves who mostly plays in the halfcourt like ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I'm sorry but not even Chris Paul has netted double digit steals in a single game in his entire career. It's incredibly rare.

If we're going to play the per minute statistics though, the guy only averages 5 assists per 36 minutes yet averages 3.8 turnovers. Besides the alarming turnover rate, he is a horrific outside shooter. Those 2 alone will hold him back until he improves, especially for a team like ourselves who mostly plays in the halfcourt like ourselves.

I'll help you = http://bit.ly/TmG342

For my thoughts on Bledsoe, I agree with what MM is saying on twitter - the guy has loads of potential. But the numbers he produces on an 18 minute stint is not the same when he plays 36 minutes. Bledsoe plays with energy and he won't get to use all of that in a 36 minute stretch. I loved it when Jason Smith said (from MM again) that the way he plays in 20 minutes will be totally different from the way he'll play in 36 minutes since he needs to pace himself right or else risk being a liability on the court because of fatigue.

But he's a devastating defender - one that if paired with Gordon - will (theoretically) form a significant perimeter defensive attack.

You can be a risk taker when your team is so talented and you have Chris Paul ahead of you. I bet he wouldn't be so loose with the ball if his role wasn't to be an aggressive spark plug. I am intrigued to find out just how more controlled and paced Bledsoe's game would be if he were the starter. Picking and choosing when to gamble on a steal, when to press the break (which should be damn near always with his speed), and when to fold 'em and wait for his team and set up the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You can be a risk taker when your team is so talented and you have Chris Paul ahead of you. I bet he wouldn't be so loose with the ball if his role wasn't to be an aggressive spark plug. I am intrigued to find out just how more controlled and paced Bledsoe's game would be if he were the starter. Picking and choosing when to gamble on a steal, when to press the break (which should be damn near always with his speed), and when to fold 'em and wait for his team and set up the offense.
    I feel the same way he basically plays to his role and that is play somewhat out of control and make plays. I think he could be even better playing in a half court offense with good coaching and changing speeds constantly. Once he develops a decent shot his half court game could be deadly. He turns the ball over trying to make the amazing plays not just throwing it away or making boneheaded mistakes or plays. He could definitely change his style a little bit to limit mistakes and be more effective. He gives us the ability to be a more fast paced team and get out on the break. As opposed to Vasquez who is more like a power forward getting down the court. The fast break lobs to Davis would happen 5 times a game instead of maybe 1.

the question is... would he be a good fit in montys system, Bledsoe is good at full speed, but Montys PG always walk with the ball 20 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Pon View Post
    the question is... would he be a good fit in montys system, Bledsoe is good at full speed, but Montys PG always walk with the ball 20 seconds
    If he came here, I think Gordon would essentially be the PG on offense. Bledsoe would run secondary offense, but his primary contribution would be on the defensive end and on the boards. Those would both translate to our system, or any system for that matter. It would limit us in some ways, as our small forward would have to be an above average three point shooter in order to give the floor space needed, but that is manageable. Guys like Budinger or Corey Brewer could fit that role.

He's a good fit, the question is simply whether the Hornets can put together a package that would be good enough to pry him loose
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information