.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 174

Thread: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

  1. #126

    Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Stephen Howard. Isn't that the guy who does all the pre half and post games of FSNO?
    Yes. And he blows

    #QUAILS MOM

  2. #127
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Yes. And he blows
    Ya he seemed to, I usually skip it. I just happened to record the one before the LAC game just to catch the interview with EG
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES


    Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

  3. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    Seems my buddy saw EG shopping for a house across the street from him today in Belle Chasse. Huge place 3500 sq feet. That's a good sign.
    lol buying a house in belle chasse will make him hate NOLA even more .

    Needs to live in warehouse district / CBD like Chris Paul did
    Dell Demps - the new Jeff Bower

  4. #129

    Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

    Maybe english turn but not belle chasse

  5. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Maybe english turn but not belle chasse
    nope, belle chasse. i'm not gonna disclose an address but it was him and that's where it was.

  6. #131
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    lol buying a house in belle chasse will make him hate NOLA even more .

    Needs to live in warehouse district / CBD like Chris Paul did
    Maybe he just want the be left the hell alone. Seems to be to himself. Chris Paul was the exact opposite.

  7. #132

    Re: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Maybe english turn but not belle chasse
    there are a couple of "English Turn-esque" subdivisions right over the Orleans/Plaq line...prob somewhere in that area.

    Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #133
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    nope, belle chasse. i'm not gonna disclose an address but it was him and that's where it was.
    There are some very nice homes in Belle Chasse.

  9. #134
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Worry not. Might not matter even if he does come back super hot.
    My thoughts exactly. I never want the team to lose, but we have the face the brutal truth this year. A fully healthy, back-in-playing shape EG might put the Hornets over the top in a couple of tight ones, but there are too many holes for him to transform it completely. Maybe Gordon helps the Hornets edge Cleveland and Washington in the final standings, but that will still have us all glued to our TVs when those ping ping balls are tumbling.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  10. #135
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Maybe english turn but not belle chasse
    I guess its really no biggie in the grand scheme of things, but why in the world would you make a statement like this?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  11. #136
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I never want the team to lose, but we have the face the brutal truth this year. A fully healthy, back-in-playing shape EG might put the Hornets over the top in a couple of tight ones, but there are too many holes for him to transform it completely. Maybe Gordon helps the Hornets edge Cleveland and Washington in the final standings, but that will still have us all glued to our TVs when those ping ping balls are tumbling.

    I keep hearing this argument that Gordon himself won't solve all of the Hornets' problems. And there's definitely truth to that. But good players are very good at hiding holes on a team. The entire dynamic of the team will change if Eric Gordon comes back and is healthy/good on a consistent basis. Now a player like Rivers, who is a questionable starter, can get minutes from the bench, which may help him. Now he can watch EG in practice and learn how to get to the hoop better. Now we don't have to worry as much about guard penetration past our slow guards, which leads to countless 3 pointers. Now we don't have stretches like tonight in the 3rd quarter, where we went several minutes without a basket or even a good look. Now Anthony Davis learns what it's like to benefit from a player who can drive past defenders and kick. Now Monty has someone he trusts on offense and doesn't have to throw rotations at a wall to see if it sticks.

    In a game where only 5 players are on the court, one player can change everything. I'm not saying Gordon will help us make a historic late push, but I do think that the team improves vastly from his mere presence.

  12. #137

    Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I guess its really no biggie in the grand scheme of things, but why in the world would you make a statement like this?
    Before I respond I want to know why this angers you?

  13. #138
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Before I respond I want to know why this angers you?
    ok, I will answer your question with a statement as I had expected you to do....I am not angry, but just quite surprised when I saw you respond like that....your turn now....

  14. #139
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I keep hearing this argument that Gordon himself won't solve all of the Hornets' problems. And there's definitely truth to that. But good players are very good at hiding holes on a team. The entire dynamic of the team will change if Eric Gordon comes back and is healthy/good on a consistent basis. Now a player like Rivers, who is a questionable starter, can get minutes from the bench, which may help him. Now he can watch EG in practice and learn how to get to the hoop better. Now we don't have to worry as much about guard penetration past our slow guards, which leads to countless 3 pointers. Now we don't have stretches like tonight in the 3rd quarter, where we went several minutes without a basket or even a good look. Now Anthony Davis learns what it's like to benefit from a player who can drive past defenders and kick. Now Monty has someone he trusts on offense and doesn't have to throw rotations at a wall to see if it sticks.

    In a game where only 5 players are on the court, one player can change everything. I'm not saying Gordon will help us make a historic late push, but I do think that the team improves vastly from his mere presence.
    The only time one player can make that kind of difference (turning a bad team into a playoff contender) is when he is a top 10 (maybe top 5) talent in the league. The type of centers the NBA had 20 years ago (Shaq, D-Rob, Hakeem) were those type of players. Their presence changed the way the opponent attacked the basket and they each drew the kind of attention on offense which immediately gave more good looks from the rest of the team.

    Can EG make that kind of difference on both ends of the court night after night? He's good, but not that good. He'll make the O much more efficient once he gets his game legs back, which might take a few games, but I don't see him helping the rebounding and defensive deficiencies enough to turn this into a .500 team.

  15. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I keep hearing this argument that Gordon himself won't solve all of the Hornets' problems. And there's definitely truth to that. But good players are very good at hiding holes on a team. The entire dynamic of the team will change if Eric Gordon comes back and is healthy/good on a consistent basis. Now a player like Rivers, who is a questionable starter, can get minutes from the bench, which may help him. Now he can watch EG in practice and learn how to get to the hoop better. Now we don't have to worry as much about guard penetration past our slow guards, which leads to countless 3 pointers. Now we don't have stretches like tonight in the 3rd quarter, where we went several minutes without a basket or even a good look. Now Anthony Davis learns what it's like to benefit from a player who can drive past defenders and kick. Now Monty has someone he trusts on offense and doesn't have to throw rotations at a wall to see if it sticks.

    In a game where only 5 players are on the court, one player can change everything. I'm not saying Gordon will help us make a historic late push, but I do think that the team improves vastly from his mere presence.
    well said.

  16. #141
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    The only time one player can make that kind of difference (turning a bad team into a playoff contender) is when he is a top 10 (maybe top 5) talent in the league. The type of centers the NBA had 20 years ago (Shaq, D-Rob, Hakeem) were those type of players. Their presence changed the way the opponent attacked the basket and they each drew the kind of attention on offense which immediately gave more good looks from the rest of the team.

    Can EG make that kind of difference on both ends of the court night after night? He's good, but not that good. He'll make the O much more efficient once he gets his game legs back, which might take a few games, but I don't see him helping the rebounding and defensive deficiencies enough to turn this into a .500 team.
    Rebounding may still be a problem. But I think most if not all of our defensive problems start at the guard spot. We're too slow to guard penetration, which leads to open looks either down low or out at the 3 because people rotate to stop the ballhandler. Vasquez, Rivers, Mason, and Roberts are terrible at keeping their man in front of them, and what little I've seen of Gordon shows he can front his man. I think with Gordon guarding the quicker guards and Vasquez checking 2 guards, it may be easier for the defense to hold tight and not have to break down every play because the PG is in the paint.

    Teams will probably still be able to attack us inside, but we should fare much better on 3 point defense, which has been abysmal thus far.

  17. #142
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

    He's definitely going to give all of our players easier looks at the bucket.

  18. #143
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    The only time one player can make that kind of difference (turning a bad team into a playoff contender) is when he is a top 10 (maybe top 5) talent in the league. The type of centers the NBA had 20 years ago (Shaq, D-Rob, Hakeem) were those type of players. Their presence changed the way the opponent attacked the basket and they each drew the kind of attention on offense which immediately gave more good looks from the rest of the team.

    Can EG make that kind of difference on both ends of the court night after night? He's good, but not that good. He'll make the O much more efficient once he gets his game legs back, which might take a few games, but I don't see him helping the rebounding and defensive deficiencies enough to turn this into a .500 team.
    Lebron?

  19. #144
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I keep hearing this argument that Gordon himself won't solve all of the Hornets' problems. And there's definitely truth to that. But good players are very good at hiding holes on a team. The entire dynamic of the team will change if Eric Gordon comes back and is healthy/good on a consistent basis. Now a player like Rivers, who is a questionable starter, can get minutes from the bench, which may help him. Now he can watch EG in practice and learn how to get to the hoop better. Now we don't have to worry as much about guard penetration past our slow guards, which leads to countless 3 pointers. Now we don't have stretches like tonight in the 3rd quarter, where we went several minutes without a basket or even a good look. Now Anthony Davis learns what it's like to benefit from a player who can drive past defenders and kick. Now Monty has someone he trusts on offense and doesn't have to throw rotations at a wall to see if it sticks.

    In a game where only 5 players are on the court, one player can change everything. I'm not saying Gordon will help us make a historic late push, but I do think that the team improves vastly from his mere presence.
    This is true esp when a team is designed around said played. As I posted above, the Cavs were built around Lebron's abilities. They had a PG that could shoot the 3, who wasn't a ball handler or an offense initiator; a 2 that was primarily a defender and could hit a 3; a Stretch 4; and a hustle 5. W Lebron it was great because he could draw the defense to get them good shots.

    This can be somewhat true for us, esp since we plan on letting gordon initiate and run a lot of offense, as well as cover some of the better offensive players on the opposing team. You take the engine (the dynamic playmaker) out of the car and you just have a bunch of spare parts. AD is clearly not ready (to n fault of him) to be able to do this yet.

  20. #145
    Cleveland was a .450 team when Lebron didn't play in his seven seasons there. The Bulls are a .600+ team without the guy their whole team is built around. The Lakers are a .604 team without Kobe.

    We can keep thinking that we are a .185 win team without Gordon and a .500-.600 team with him, but that would be almost unprecedented
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 12-23-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    @mcnamara247

  21. #146
    Hornets fan from NJ! Vinny6420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,844
    I think we are a .350 win team with Gordon, this team is still young
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks


    RIP HunnyB

    This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

  22. #147
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,895
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Cleveland was a .450 team when Lebron didn't play in his seven seasons there. The Bulls are a .600+ team without the guy their whole team is built around. The Lakers are a .604 team without Kobe.

    We can keep thinking that we are a .185 win team without Gordon and a .500-.600 team with him, but that would be almost unprecedented

    Neither team could say their next most (or just most) talented player was 19 either.

  23. #148
    All-Star Zolinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Eric "Pudding" Gordon
    That's right, this thread needs moar PUDDI

    PR SIM LEAGUE - Cleveland Cavaliers

    2000/01 Finalist *** 2001/02 Best Eastern record *** No longer a proud owner of Timmy D

    Starting Five: PG Eric Snow | SG Lou Williams | SF Josh Howard | PF Pau Gasol | C Mehmet Okur

  24. #149
    I was mad at Gordon for maybe a few weeks...But in reality, I don't blame the dude for rehabbing. I mean of all things that he needs, it's his knees. We let him get strong and we can fire up the tank.

  25. #150
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Cleveland was a .450 team when Lebron didn't play in his seven seasons there. The Bulls are a .600+ team without the guy their whole team is built around. The Lakers are a .604 team without Kobe.

    We can keep thinking that we are a .185 win team without Gordon and a .500-.600 team with him, but that would be almost unprecedented

    "On the court, the 2010–11 season was a stark contrast from the previous season. They went from 61 wins in 2009-10 to just 19, the biggest single-season drop in NBA history. The Cavaliers were also the conference
    worst. This season also saw the Cavs lose 63, including losing 26 games in a row, which set an NBA record."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevela...les_and_Infamy


    I for one have said we may be a .500 team at best with Gordon returning. Keep on trying.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 12-23-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •