Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Great Quote from Monty on Puddin's return. I agree.
    This isn't an issue of forgiveness. It's a question of if he still feels a certain way. If he's milking this injury because he doesn't want to play for this team. I'm all on board giving out 2nd or even 3rd chances, however only to people who truly earn them. That remains to be seen with Eric.

IS Gordon gonna play or just sit on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    He said he will play by the end of this month.

I'm tipping against the Raptors on the 29th!

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

You meant 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I heard he was gonna sit in the 300 section.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    You meant 28th.
    Technically yes.......but I will be watching it on the 29th on Saturday afternoon here in Melbourne.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Technically yes.......but I will be watching it on the 29th on Saturday afternoon here in Melbourne.
    wait a minute! does that mean that you survived before most of us and didn't let us know?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Gordon might never play for the Hornets again. Just a terrible situation all the way around.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-22-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    The guy (Stephen?) on Hornets Live just said he'd be surprised if EG plays "by February if you're lucky." Wait, what?! Does he have another source that we're not aware of? Do they have sources over there?!
    His contract is a potential franchise-killer. It's Peja circa 2008 but 3 times worse. At this point the Hornets' #1 priority is protecting EG10's health so we can dump his contract in a trade. We're not going to get much in return, but in a sense EG10's injury woes have already netted us Anthony Davis and then we also took Austin Rivers with our additional pick. We'll also get a high lottery this season. As long as we don't have a max player (e.g. EG10) sitting on the bench for the next 3.5 years we'll still be okay. Benson has been a pro sports owner long enough to know that you protect your assets and cut your losses. While Shinn would have tried desperately to cling to hope beyond all reason - to the detriment of his wallet, the franchises' long-term future, and the morale of a young team (Mashburn, Baron Davis, etc), Benson isn't going to deal with this crap beyond this season, and is going to have Demps make a move.

Fans aren't going to be happy but we need to get clear of his salary. It's going to suck to see him potentially excel for another team but it is what it is. You find a way to clear the contract, you draft another young prospect, you look for another Ryan Anderson in FA, and you continue the rebuild.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    He says the team is having a terrible year so far, but doesn't acknowledge that with him, they wouldn't be doing as terribly.
    In all fairness, this is from a written article. We have no clue the context in which he made this statement...what was said before or after.

Crossing fingers that Eric comes down with a fire in his belly to prove to NOLA fans that he's worth it. A couple of games with big time performances and passion would make everyone forget really quickly. We've all already forgotten how good he actually is.

I think Dell Demps tried to play hardball with EG over the summer and got burnt. I understand EG's comment about his love fest for Phoenix. He was showing his hand in the negotiation process. Obviously he had the better hand because he used the Suns to trump the Hornets and they conceded. I truly believe the Hornets has the worst medical staff in the league because this dates back in history. From Peja's back injury (big contract), Gordon's knee (big contract), and Larry Johnson's back (big contract) and so on. These guys had some type of pre-condition injury before signing as free agents or given extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetslover89 View Post
    I think Dell Demps tried to play hardball with EG over the summer and got burnt. I understand EG's comment about his love fest for Phoenix. He was showing his hand in the negotiation process. Obviously he had the better hand because he used the Suns to trump the Hornets and they conceded. I truly believe the Hornets has the worst medical staff in the league because this dates back in history. From Peja's back injury (big contract), Gordon's knee (big contract), and Larry Johnson's back (big contract) and so on. These guys had some type of pre-condition injury before signing as free agents or given extensions.
    You left off the biggest misstep. Misdiagnosing and trading Tyson Chandler killed the Chris Paul era. We'd still be a top 4 team in the west if we had retained TC6 and waited for Peja to come off the book. Imagine having Paul, West, Chandler, etc. for these past 3 seasons. We may have even competed for Western Conference titles. WE GAVE AWAY THE BEST DEFENSIVE CENTER OF THIS DECADE IN HIS PRIME FOR SCRAPS.

Further, that's the type of core like a Parker/Ginobli/Duncan that you can build a generation of fans around. If we'd have had that Big 3 in place for 8-10 years (it was very possible) the Hornets would be nearly as solid and permanent a fixture on the New Orleans landscape as the Saints and LSU are. It literally almost cost us our NBA team - luckily Stern stepped in and bailed us out.
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 12-22-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Gordon might never play for the Hornets again. Just a terrible situation all the way around.
    Huh? This comment makes no sense. Eric has to play for us to even be traded for something worthwhile.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Not playing does not help EG leave NOLA. Why does everyone think that that's what he's doing? if he really wants to be traded, he should play as many games as possible to prove his durability to other teams that doubt that he can stay healthy. That would benefit both EG and the Hornets. EG gets traded, Hornets get fair market value. That's a win win. Why is it so far fetched that dude is really hurt? What in his past proves otherwise? I agree, he never says the right thing but he is killing his career if he's faking.

He actually has no power this season. I do not think our team is against a tank considering our record is **** poor atm. So if he doesnt play hes not leaving. If this was a season where we are fighting for a top spot maybe, but sadly unless gordon plays a considerable amounf of games we are top 5 lottery. It would only benefit eric to play and he knows that. Having said that hes not forcing his way outta here. Id stop whining about his contract for now bc you will drive yourself nuts.

Seems my buddy saw EG shopping for a house across the street from him today in Belle Chasse. Huge place 3500 sq feet. That's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    His contract is a potential franchise-killer. It's Peja circa 2008 but 3 times worse. At this point the Hornets' #1 priority is protecting EG10's health so we can dump his contract in a trade.
    Get clear of his salary? He's not a one demensional 30 year old with a injury history. He's a dynamic, young playmaker with a injury history. Big difference. If he can stop these injuries with max plus healing times, he is exactly the type of player you give a max contract to.

His contract and Peja's have nothing in common but the injuries, and even that remains a ?.

Eric "Pudding" Gordon

Regardless of EG if that article on page 3 is to believed we have a reason to be concerned. Either our medical staff is wildly incompetent or EG doctor shopped till he found one that gave him the diagnosis he liked and the problem with his knee remains.

I'd go with bad medical staff personally because if Phx thought he was healthy enough to give the max then he prob is imo..

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

@Jim_Eichenhofer: Dell Demps said Eric Gordon, who is working out on the NOLA hardwood as we speak, has been cleared for full contact.

Saw this on twitter after seeing that he was cleared. From tonight apparently:
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    @Jim_Eichenhofer: Dell Demps said Eric Gordon, who is working out on the NOLA hardwood as we speak, has been cleared for full contact.
    Where's that guy that claimed he wouldn't play until February?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    Regardless of EG if that article on page 3 is to believed we have a reason to be concerned. Either our medical staff is wildly incompetent or EG doctor shopped till he found one that gave him the diagnosis he liked and the problem with his knee remains.

I'd go with bad medical staff personally because if Phx thought he was healthy enough to give the max then he prob is imo..
    Staff and Davis did just fine with the stress reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Where's that guy that claimed he wouldn't play until February?
    Stephen Howard. Isn't that the guy who does all the pre half and post games of FSNO?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Saw this on twitter after seeing that he was cleared. From tonight apparently:
    So that's what he's gonna look like in 50 years when he's old and his teeth have fallen out.

Already cleared for full contact huh? He might just see action for the first time next Friday vs the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Stephen Howard. Isn't that the guy who does all the pre half and post games of FSNO?
    In 80p resolution I might add.

Thread Information