.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 174

Thread: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

  1. #51
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Not going to lie, this is getting old.
    If only we could trade his bum knee to Phoenix in return for his heart.

  2. #52
    Hornets fan from NJ! Vinny6420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,859
    good news
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks


    RIP HunnyB

    This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

  3. #53
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    New Orleans more than ready to see Eric Gordon on the court

    The irony of the television commercial is cutting. There’s New Orleans Hornets guard Eric Gordon, in a promo for the team’s new cable television home, asking the question:

    “New Orleans: Are you ready?”

    Yes. New Orleans is ready, and has been for quite some time, nearly two months, in fact, for the injured Gordon to return to the city after being exiled since the first week of November to rehabilitate a sore right knee that has limited Gordon’s time in a Hornets uniform to nine out of possible 91 games since he was acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers 53 weeks ago as part of the deal that sent Chris Paul to the Clippers.

    As Gordon sits – he has practiced full-contact with his teammates perhaps once this season, just before the Oct. 31 opener against the San Antonio Spurs, Friday night’s opponent in San Antonio – the Hornets plod along their youthful way minus the potential 20 points Gordon could provide on a nightly basis.

    Never was that better illustrated than in Wednesday night’s 93-77 loss to the Clippers, New Orleans’ ninth straight as Gordon watched from the bench, where the Hornets struggled to find any semblance of offensive firepower.

    Before the game, Gordon said he expects to return to New Orleans by week’s end, saying the issue with his knee, which involved the patellar tendon and a bone bruise, has calmed to the point where Gordon predicts he’ll play by the end of the month.

    If Gordon does return in the immediate future, he already will have missed more than 25 percent of the 2012-13 season, with the Hornets well on their way to another lottery drawing next May as they're 5-20, in last place in the Southwest Division and owners of the worst record in the Western Conference.

    The ambiguity surrounding Gordon’s aching right knee, and the team’s reluctance to offer any specificity about the nature of the injury to their $58 million, max-money player, makes Gordon’s continued absence from the team all the more confounding.

    The player’s comments he made last summer after agreeing to an offer sheet from the Phoenix Suns – Gordon said his “heart is in Phoenix” and he hoped the Hornets would not match the deal – have created the perception that Gordon does not want to play in New Orleans.

    It has raised the ire of Hornets fans who remember how Baron Davis, then a max-money player, slogged his way through his final months here, eventually forcing a trade to the Golden State Warriors, as well as the saga of Jamal Mashburn who rode a bone bruise right into a paper trade to the Philadelphia 76ers and eventual retirement while reaping the totality of his multi-million dollar contract.

    Those who know Gordon, however, don’t believe the 23-year-old can be placed in the Davis/Mashburn category.

    “He’s in a good situation here,” said one source with knowledge of the last year’s saga who requested anonymity. “People in New Orleans in general are very sensitive to people not wanting to be here. But it’s a good situation. A good young team, good coach, good culture. He does want to be here, I just think he wants to be playing at a high level and he can’t.”

    Why?

    “It’s a mystery,” the source said.
    More in link.

  4. #54
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    YES. Before the season started everyone knew this is a rebuilding team and not to expect much out of them, but since we hung with the spurs in the opener and beat the Clippers in LA everyone seems to think this is an underperforming playoff team.
    Well no. This team has enough talent to be better than 5-20. Lots of close losses again because the ball ends up in the wrong player's hands and such.

    This ain't the '04/'05 Hornets for surre.

  5. #55
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    If only we could trade his bum knee to Phoenix in return for his heart.
    You are just so funny, don't know what this site would do without you.


    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well no. This team has enough talent to be better than 5-20. Lots of close losses again because the ball ends up in the wrong player's hands and such.

    This ain't the '04/'05 Hornets for surre.
    I agree. I expected a below average performance season, but 5 wins through the first 25 games? Didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-21-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  6. #56
    This team missed JJack and Landry more than people realize. Ryno is great and Vasquez has been good now given minutes, but Jack / Landry are essentially the reason GSW are a playoff team now.

    I'm fine with another year losing. Another top 10 pick is great. An Eric Gordon with injury issues behind him is better. Please pray Eric Gordon can stay healthy lol.

  7. #57
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,776
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    You are just so funny, don't know what this site would do without you.




    I agree. I expected a below average performance season, but 5 wins through the first 25 games? Didn't see that coming.
    I guess the question is, if you would have known Gordon wasnt ready, and Ad would deal with his own injuries would you have seen it coming? Because I agree, At the beginning of the season I felt we were a .500 team, but i can sympathize with their record now somewhat.

  8. #58
    The Franchise Shelbywmccarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Monroe, LA
    Posts
    1,468

    Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday

    I almost forgot what he could do


    http://youtu.be/ezXplErP8LU

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Does anyone have a link to that sitdown interview FSNO did with EG before the game? Really wanted to watch it but I dvr'ed the wrong fricking thing
    video of Jen Hale's interview w/Eric Gordon from before the Clippers game:

    http://www.fox8live.com/video?&clipI...autostart=true
    Last edited by hagios; 12-21-2012 at 10:26 AM.

  10. #60
    So... If Gordon returns, were the Mayans at least kind of right?

  11. #61
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    metairie
    Posts
    1,214

    Interesting read on EG injury

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

    Hornets need to find a new medical staff.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

    Hornets need to find a new medical staff.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME... i genuinely side with eric now.. that would **** me off as well

    also dont read the comments at the bottom of that unless you want to get mad
    Last edited by bojangles837; 12-21-2012 at 10:50 AM.

    #QUAILS MOM

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Per Jenn Hale pre game. Details to come. Puddin time!!!!

    It's Lil Puddin !

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME... i genuinely side with eric now.. that would **** me off as well

    also dont read the comments at the bottom of that unless you want to get mad
    I read this last night... I was a little shocked, but then again, I have been screaming at the Medical staff since the beginning. I knew it was partially the medical staff's ineptitude to diagnose and Eric's unwillingness to play with any pain.

    Granted, if in 3 months Gordon does need micro fracture, the hornet's staff will look like geniuses. lol

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I read this last night... I was a little shocked, but then again, I have been screaming at the Medical staff since the beginning. I knew it was partially the medical staff's ineptitude to diagnose and Eric's unwillingness to play with any pain.

    Granted, if in 3 months Gordon does need micro fracture, the hornet's staff will look like geniuses. lol
    yea but when your job depends on someone else's opinion and every single doctor he went to, and it seems like he went to a lot, told him not to get the surgery after one of our guys did, you'd do the same thing.. this only further increases the idea that phoenix talked us down so much and got in his head about playing here... Benson needs to do something about this

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    yea but when your job depends on someone else's opinion and every single doctor he went to, and it seems like he went to a lot, told him not to get the surgery after one of our guys did, you'd do the same thing.. this only further increases the idea that phoenix talked us down so much and got in his head about playing here... Benson needs to do something about this
    The verdict is still out. Gordon hasn't played yet. There is no reason to do anything until Gordon comes back from the Injury and plays out the res of the season without any MAJOR setbacks. Like I sad if in March Gordon has to get micro fracture surgery, he would of been the blame for all this time wasted.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    The verdict is still out. Gordon hasn't played yet. There is no reason to do anything until Gordon comes back from the Injury and plays out the res of the season without any MAJOR setbacks. Like I sad if in March Gordon has to get micro fracture surgery, he would of been the blame for all this time wasted.
    i agree.. lets hope hes fine from here on out

  18. #68
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,752
    Medical Team = Ochsner?
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day






  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Medical Team = Ochsner?
    more than likely these guys:

    childrens hospital on adult swim for anyone thats hasnt seen it.. pretty funny
    Last edited by bojangles837; 12-21-2012 at 11:20 AM.

  20. #70
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I guess the question is, if you would have known Gordon wasnt ready, and Ad would deal with his own injuries would you have seen it coming? Because I agree, At the beginning of the season I felt we were a .500 team, but i can sympathize with their record now somewhat.
    AD has missed 13 of the 25 games I agree and no one could have predicted that. But he is back now and we are still 2-10 when AD plays. One player, even the caliber of Gordon, shouldn't make that much of a difference.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    i agree.. lets hope hes fine from here on out
    Also it should be pointed out that after all that "rest" Gordon had surgery in April anyhow.

    I think Gordon isn't facing the facts and he is only going to listen to doctors that say what he wants to hear.

  22. #72
    I wouldn't be suprised if Benson starts doing with the Hornets what he does with all the Saints players. Minor basic injuries=team doctors.....anything in the least bit complicated = out of state experts (which is almost always Dr. Andrews).

  23. #73
    All-Star glepurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    AD has missed 13 of the 25 games I agree and no one could have predicted that. But he is back now and we are still 2-10 when AD plays. One player, even the caliber of Gordon, shouldn't make that much of a difference.
    He wouldn't make a 5 game over five hundred difference. But as you stated we are 2-10 when ad plays. Who is to say gordon couldn't of been good for another 3 which would of put us at 5-5. That's a big swing. I think if both would of been healthy out the gate we would be only a couple games below five hundred instead of our current situation...but just my thoughts and fans optimism.

  24. #74
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    He wouldn't make a 5 game over five hundred difference. But as you stated we are 2-10 when ad plays. Who is to say gordon couldn't of been good for another 3 which would of put us at 5-5. That's a big swing. I think if both would of been healthy out the gate we would be only a couple games below five hundred instead of our current situation...but just my thoughts and fans optimism.
    Gordon's 3 wins would have put us at 5-7 in those games not 5-5. But I get your point.

  25. #75
    Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    5,592
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    video of Jen Hale's interview w/Eric Gordon from before the Clippers game:

    http://www.fox8live.com/video?&clipI...autostart=true
    Thanks!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •