Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    "On the court, the 2010–11 season was a stark contrast from the previous season. They went from 61 wins in 2009-10 to just 19, the biggest single-season drop in NBA history. The Cavaliers were also the conference
    worst. This season also saw the Cavs lose 63, including losing 26 games in a row, which set an NBA record."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clevela...les_and_Infamy

I for one have said we may be a .500 team at best with Gordon returning. Keep on trying.
    He was talking about when LeBron was still on the team, but out injured. And the Cavs lost more than just LeBron when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    He was talking about when LeBron was still on the team, but out injured. And the Cavs lost more than just LeBron when he left.
    And we have lost more than Gordon throughout the season, but i see your point. Delante West for Sessions and Mo Williams for Baron Davis was probably the cause of their historically bad record.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 12-23-2012 at 01:37 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Teams can survive without their best player for a few games. It's when the player misses a significant amount of time. LeBron never missed more than 7 games in a season in his entire career.

Also, let's look at another example of a team missing their best player. In 2010-2011, Eric Gordon missed 26 games. The Clippers were 25-31 with him on the court, and 7-19 without him. That team started out 1-11 (w/ Gordon) and had some big struggles early. So after that, they were 24-20 with Gordon on the court. Could the Hornets face a similar situation? I think so for sure. That Clippers team was not as good as this Hornets team.

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    ok, I will answer your question with a statement as I had expected you to do....I am not angry, but just quite surprised when I saw you respond like that....your turn now....
    Alright, the basis for my remark. Let's begin... First of all, I thought to myself, why would Any single, male bachelor who had recently inherited a rather large sum of money decide to buy a large house thats a. More fit for a player with a family b. In a small town on the westbank that no one would normally put in the same sentence as star athlete c. Farther away from the new training facility going on airline than one would want to be, but I had to assume that maybe this decision fits Eric's personality and he wants to seclude himself from the nightlife and distractions of the downtown/warehouse district. Ok, there's nothing wrong with that, but wait, English turn is very close to belle chasse and it is a very nice community secluded away from the city with many other athletes/ upper class citizens living there in amazing houses. I know Peja use to live, and still might. So concluded my thought saying, it's more likely that Eric would look to buy in English turn rather that belle chasse. Now, I really want to know why my statement caught your fancy for lack of better words, because the words " why in the world" are usually reserved for idiotic acts/ statements, and I just don't see that in my remark.
    Last edited by bojangles837; 12-23-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Alright, the basis for my remark. Let's begin... First of all, I thought to myself, why would Any single, male bachelor who had recently inherited a rather large sum of money decide to buy a large house thats a. More fit for a player with a family b. In a small town on the westbank that no one would normally put in the same sentence as star athlete c. Farther away from the new training facility going on airline than one would want to be, but I had to assume that maybe this decision fits Eric's personality and he wants to seclude himself from the nightlife and distractions of the downtown/warehouse district. Ok, there's nothing wrong with that, but wait, English turn is very close to belle chasse and it is a very nice community secluded away from the city with many other athletes/ upper class citizens living there in amazing houses. I know Peja use to live, and still might. So concluded my thought saying, it's more likely that Eric would look to buy in English turn rather that belle chasse. Now, I really want to know why my statement caught your fancy for lack of better words, because the words " why in the world" are usually reserved for idiotic acts/ statements, and I just don't see that in my remark.
    I appreciate your response and respect it, but this forum is primarily based on opinion and speculation....you could have worded your thought much better and not have it come out sounding the way it did....MyLanta said that Gordon was seen "home shopping" in Belle Chasse and your statement indicated to me that you felt MyLanta was either mistaken or not telling the truth, because there is no way he would reside there....as pointed out by several others, there are some very nice places to live in Belle Chasse proper and I could easily see him at least "looking" there....anyway, thanks again for clarifying things a bit more....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I appreciate your response and respect it, but this forum is primarily based on opinion and speculation....you could have worded your thought much better and not have it come out sounding the way it did....MyLanta said that Gordon was seen "home shopping" in Belle Chasse and your statement indicated to me that you felt MyLanta was either mistaken or not telling the truth, because there is no way he would reside there....as pointed out by several others, there are some very nice places to live in Belle Chasse proper and I could easily see him at least "looking" there....anyway, thanks again for clarifying things a bit more....
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I just wrote a quick response that could have easily been worded differently and coherently. I was just surprised that Eric would house shop there and threw out an opinion. I never thought that I was disregarding MyLantas information but I guess I did.

*Edited for karma*

House in question.
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 12-24-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Taking my post down, but my point in it was saying you shouldn't post it because it's too easy to find that way. Took me all of 4 seconds.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 12-23-2012 at 10:06 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hope that's a gated community. Last thing he needs is some overzealous fan paying a house call.

Edit: It is not. Internet is a scary place. I've driven through the neighborhood a few times now that I recall.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-23-2012 at 10:08 PM.

600 grand is pretty moderate, im actually impressed he's looking in that range.

Some Hornets fancy-pants live in English Turn. What's good for the fancy pants is good for the whoevers.

Plus, he could easily have an apartment or second place if that was too inconvenient.

Many Saints players and staff do NOT live in New Orleans or even sleep here (or JP or whatever). Think Northshore, especially after Katrina. Destrehan.

Or they just have an apartment and really `live' back home.

There are some new subdivisions going up in Belle Chase that puts English Turn to shame. And I personally can't stand the area, so no bias here. It's just too far from anything resembling city life. Buts that's what some people like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Taking my post down, but my point in it was saying you shouldn't post it because it's too easy to find that way. Took me all of 4 seconds.
    Meh. Guess I figured he doesn't live there it was just his first visit. And if he does move in it's not like people aren't gonna know. Me and all my friends have known where Monty lives for years now. Kinda hard not to.

Point taken though. I took it down just in case he doesn't feel too cool to live in Belle Chasse.
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 12-24-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Teams can survive without their best player for a few games. It's when the player misses a significant amount of time. LeBron never missed more than 7 games in a season in his entire career.

Also, let's look at another example of a team missing their best player. In 2010-2011, Eric Gordon missed 26 games. The Clippers were 25-31 with him on the court, and 7-19 without him. That team started out 1-11 (w/ Gordon) and had some big struggles early. So after that, they were 24-20 with Gordon on the court. Could the Hornets face a similar situation? I think so for sure. That Clippers team was not as good as this Hornets team.
    Isn't the Bulls still in the playoff hunt and they've been without Rose (a better player) the same amount of time we've been without Gordon this season. Also I remember the Grizzs making it to post season play without Rudy Gay.

No team can be a true contender without it's best player, but it doesn't mean they have to play poorly either.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Isn't the Bulls still in the playoff hunt and they've been without Rose (a better player) the same amount of time we've been without Gordon this season. Also I remember the Grizzs making it to post season play without Rudy Gay.

No team can be a true contender without it's best player, but it doesn't mean they have to play poorly either.
    The Rose point is good. But at the time, the Grizzlies were playing so well because Gay and Randolph/Gasol hadn't learned how to work together yet. Gay being injured allowed the team to play to its strengths, and when Gay came back he had to adjust to that. That situation is actually what teams should do: find out what works when you don't have a star piece and implement it. I just don't think the surrounding talent on the Hornets allows Monty to do that. It's hard to build an offense around slow guard play and getting Anderson open looks.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

that's two entirely different situations. Neither of those two teams are in a rebuilding process...what team that's rebuilding and turned their roster over can survive without their franchise player?

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    that's two entirely different situations. Neither of those two teams are in a rebuilding process...what team that's rebuilding and turned their roster over can survive without their franchise player?
    but what his trying to say that even with gordon, we will hardly be a playoff team.

I'll bet some of ya'll thought he'd go the Devin Brown route as far as housing goes right?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I'll bet some of ya'll thought he'd go the Devin Brown route as far as housing goes right?
    I wish I got this joke. What kind of house did our best player ever have?

he stayed in hotels the whole time.

Re: Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday/Interesting read on EG injury page 3 {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    There are some new subdivisions going up in Belle Chase that puts English Turn to shame. And I personally can't stand the area, so no bias here. It's just too far from anything resembling city life. Buts that's what some people like.
    If I was a fantastically talented basketball player, I would probably be just like Gordon (except for "heart in Phoenix" statement). I would be just as quiet, cautious, and poor at PR as him while also having no desire to live in a city. Lol

I love to visit cities occassionly, but I tire of them over the course of a weekend. Just not my style.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

All this Belle Chase talk has me wondering what home and flood insurance cost. I want in on the ground floor of "Louisiana's next Beverly Hills."
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    but what his trying to say that even with gordon, we will hardly be a playoff team.
    yeah i never expected to make the playoffs but I thought we would be just a few games below .500...but that was with eg and ad not missing as many games as they have.

A smart NBA employee, according to New York Knicks forward Steve Novak, doesn’t buy a home in the city where he works; he rents. “Statistically, very few guys stay in one place, so I think the people you have around you, your agents and advisors, are people that tell you to rent, don’t buy,” Novak said. “You are probably not going to be there forever, and even if you feel like you are, you can’t guarantee it. The guys who find a home are lucky, but I think a lot guys do bounce around for their whole career.” Novak, of course, had always been one of those guys before finding a good landing spot in Manhattan. Drafted as a Houston Rocket, Novak has played for five different teams in only seven NBA seasons. However, after a career year with the Knicks in 2011-12, Novak was able to ink a four-year deal to stay in New York. HoopsWorld
    NEW YORK KNICKS, STEVE NOVAK | SHARE

Thread Information