Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

I wish griffin would have hit his head on the backboard

let's just hope CP3 doesn't take over in the 2nd half, we know from experience when he's pissed he plays great

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Man, I think Roger actually could've gotten some FT's there lol.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    too bad everyone was "done" with vasquez before he hit the 4 pt play. now it doesn't count lol
    Dude. You're fighting a losing battle when a testament to Vasquez is a thrown up prayer 4 point play? I'm glad he made it but he still belongs on the bench.

Please bring on Bledsoe or Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    Please bring on Bledsoe or Jennings
    What has Bledsoe done? Jennings is a better player in my opinion, although inconsistent at times.

The wizrds beat the heat... So by that logic the heat are an embarasent... Right?

I'll say it again... Dell please get Bledsoe! Basically same age as Lillard but I think he will be better. 2 years behind Cp3 and Chauncy is something that can be his greatest gift. The guy has more athleticism then arguably any point in the league. He could change us so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    What has Bledsoe done? Jennings is a better player in my opinion, although inconsistent at times.
    If you're a believer in PER dude is rockin' a 23.5 in his limited time. And he's allowing somewhere around 94-97 points per 100 possessions. Vasquez has allowed 114 per 100.

Also, physically, he resembles that Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard mold. Similar facial structure. Well muscled and can jump out the gym. I'm down like I sat in a broken chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Dude. You're fighting a losing battle when a testament to Vasquez is a thrown up prayer 4 point play? I'm glad he made it but he still belongs on the bench.
    This board gets so tense around the subject of Vasquez. Why doesn't Monty put him on the bench then?

If you're a believer in PER dude is rockin' a 23.5 in his limited time. And he's allowing somewhere around 94-97 points per 100 possessions. Vasquez has allowed 114 per 100.

Also, physically, he resembles that Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard mold. Similar facial structure. Well muscled and can jump out the gym. I'm down like I sat in a broken chair.
    FACIAL STRUCTURE YOU SAY?!!?!? TURTLE FACE?!?!?! WE MUST HAVE HIM NOW..... lol

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Del was asking me about my ethnicity and I told himu wife and I are Filipino and he said he lived in Manila for many years and played in the PBA. Was talking about that one Filipino prospect that was 6-8 but he was a work in progress. I told him the Ryno sign was great and he said he's always working. He signed my hat and a few other things. Said God Bless and had a small talk after that.

DRTG is difficult (just about impossible) to use when comparing players on different teams. If you are on a good defensive team, you will have a good DRTG. If you are on a bad defensive team, you will have a bad DRTG. Ex: Carlos Boozer.

Bledsoe is a much better defender than Vasquez, though.

This board gets so tense around the subject of Vasquez. Why doesn't Monty put him on the bench then?
    Because he is the only PG on the team.

Who else could start? There is an upgrade out there. Having said that SF is by far our biggest area of concern. I actually like mcguire and thomas but we need a starter sooner rather than later.

In terms of physical makeup, he's like the Lebron games of PGs.

no we r just tired of watching the same story every trip down the court..vasquez too slow on defense and cant make the passes needed on offense..it dont matter if makes a 25 pnt play. he is still a 2nd stringer and will be soon enough

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	4542

He has been able to get the same type of teaching as the Aaron Rogers situation with Favre. Except Cp3 has embraced teaching him and genuinely loves the kid and wants to see him be great. Bledsoe fits Monty's temperament he has a non stop motor. I like Jennings but the upside of Bledsoe is sky high. We will instantly be the most explosive back court in the NBA with Bledsoe/Gordon/Rivers. We get a true point with 2 combo guards. A line up of all 3 on court at same time is very possible and would be ridiculous. Bledsoe/Gordon/Rivers/Ryno/AD that line up at times and small stretches would be unmatchable by other teams.

I hope we see something before the deadline

Vasquez starting isn't a testament to his skill. He's competent in limited doses. But for stretches, he frustrates the HELL out of me.

I mean Lance Thomas is starting at SF for us. You think Lance Thomas is even an 8th man for most teams? Actually he probably would be. Coaches respect hustle. But all the same.

Because he is the only PG on the team.
    Exactly so we should just take what we got for now and stop complaining
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1Fa5u.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	4544  

We might have one of the youngest teams in the league, but the Clippers just seem like the dumbest. If they had our talent, they would be worse than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    In terms of physical makeup, he's like the Lebron games of PGs.
    You ain't even kiddin'. He's actually been called Mini-LeBron.

Exactly so we should just take what we got for now and stop complaining
    uhhmmm.......no

Thread Information