Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

next coming of bill russel, quote me

2 Hornets in double figures tonite. Tsk. Tsk.

I missed the pass.

Darius miller is a good passer too... Must be a kentucky thing

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Darius miller is a good passer too... Must be a kentucky thing
    ACQUIRE ERIC BLEDSOE NOAW!!!!!

We don't see these guys again until almost the end of March?

So next is the Spurs in SA... last game of this road trip... I hope that isn't a "let's just get home game"... could get ugly quick

maybe Pops will want to sit all his starters in that game... or does he only do that against other contenders?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    haven't we already played them 3 times?

whoops... nope... only 2ce... other 2 games against them are late March and mid April

Passing for this team seems painful.

Damn. Really didn't get to 78.

Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

We are in development mode. Davis with 41 minutes tonight. Williams need to make Rivers play more and play more selfish.

No Jsmoove no win

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Sounds like he's too worried about his shooting percentage. Not a good sign for someone who suppose to have a short memory.
    I don't think Rivers gives a **** about his shooting percentage. I think it's more of he doesn't want to be a ball hog and is trying to set his teammates up, but he needs to learn that it's okay to shoot when you have a good look. Right now, he's too focused on setting up his teammates, trying to be a PG, instead of just making the best basketball play. That's what Monty is trying to tell him.

Lopez had a good game. They tried to hold him down with foul trouble though.

Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I don't think Rivers gives a **** about his shooting percentage. I think it's more of he doesn't want to be a ball hog and is trying to set his teammates up, but he needs to learn that it's okay to shoot when you have a good look. Right now, he's too focused on setting up his teammates, trying to be a PG, instead of just making the best basketball play. That's what Monty is trying to tell him.
    The problem with your logic is that Rivers is passing up open shots off ball. When you do that as much as he does it, you have some serious confidence issues. For rivers it's always a pattern. If he doesn't start off well, he bottles up and is extremely reluctant to shoot. Somewhere in the back of his mind, his fg percentage is affecting his play.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I tihnk it's as simple as this. He'a 20, spent 1 year in college, and just doesn't know what to do with the ball in his hands everytime. It's no different than starting a new job. His head is swimming.

Jelly Legs coming back should put him in more of a comfort zone with the 2nd unit. Plus he'll have someone to emulate in games and in practice. I hate that this team has to rely on someone so unreliable and flaky. Not a good space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    The problem with your logic is that Rivers is passing up open shots off ball. When you do that as much as he does it, you have some serious confidence issues. For rivers it's always a pattern. If he doesn't start off well, he bottles up and is extremely reluctant to shoot. Somewhere in the back of his mind, his fg percentage is affecting his play.
    Idk... Rivers just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who only cares about shooting %. In fact, throughout high school and college, he never saw a shot he didn't like. Again, I think he is just trying too hard to prove he can pass the ball too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I tihnk it's as simple as this. He'a 20, spent 1 year in college, and just doesn't know what to do with the ball in his hands everytime. It's no different than starting a new job. His head is swimming.

Jelly Legs coming back should put him in more of a comfort zone with the 2nd unit. Plus he'll have someone to emulate in games and in practice. I hate that this team has to rely on someone so unreliable and flaky. Not a good space.
    I'd agree with this as well. I think Gordon will do wonders for Rivers.

You know what makes the hornets so cool? They never quit, unlike the Pistons the other night. I'm proud of my two teams for playing hard all game and not quiting. Can't wait until Gordon gets back. Pelis just need to make a few moves and they will be a playoff team next year.

I would love to see Bledsoe on the hornets. He would be so much better for this young team the Grev. Him and AD would be one of the best pg/PF combos for the next ten years. Can you imagine all the fun fast breaks we'd see.

Knowing the clippers, I think hornets can put a package together to get him realistically.

Clippers could offer bled + two or three other guys depending in what hornets needed to complete their end of the trade. I say this because I don't think Robin would be right for the clippers. The clips need Varejao. Verejaomis what they need instead of DJ to win it all this year.

So the hornets just have to out together a package to grab him for them, which I think should be doable and I 100% guarantee that he will be a hornet which is where he belongs. Maybe something like Aminu + Austin + a pick or something like that.

What so you guys think?
    Last edited by sfernald; 12-20-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Thread Information