Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Until we get a point guard, it aint happenin !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Until we get a point guard, it aint happenin !

We cant win when defensive #1's are able to jump the point guard w/out fear, at half court: OR, until we get a point guard that doesnt immediately turn his back to the goal when pressured: OR until we get a point guard that can/will start the offense with more than 10 seconds left on the shot clock: OR a point guard that can GUARD another point guard: or a point guard that can attack with both hands: OR, a point guard that can see the entire court while dribbling !
    Spacing is impossible when your offense is stagnant for 14 seconds on every possession .
    Gordon will be able to camouflage Vasquez a little bit,but until we find a legit starting #1, Anderson, Gordon & Davis will be handcuffed a bit !

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I really wanted Vasquez to come in and play better than expected but he hasn't really. Gravy can be a great guard off the bench and a lockeroom leader, but not a starter on a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I really wanted Vasquez to come in and play better than expected but he hasn't really. Gravy can be a great guard off the bench and a lockeroom leader, but not a starter on a decent team.
    100%

Draft Pick
    I miss Jarret Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Spike View Post
    I miss Jarret Jack
    I miss him too he was my favourite player i liked him just as much as i liked cp3.

I miss Jarret Jack
    I never thought I would hear that lol. Yeah I was all on the Gravy bandwagon as a starter, but he starting to look more and more like a great backup PG. Again, it may be to soon to say this but I really would like to see how a Rivers/Gordon backcourt will look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    100%
    Woah what happened to your firm stance on Vasquez being a Top 15 PG?

Finally admitting you were wrong?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Myck Kabongo anyone?

Don't worry CP is coming back next year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    CP? Chris Parnell? *gasp* Another season of Archer?!

I miss Jarret Jack
    Co-signed.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm an advocate of getting a PG through trade or FA (versus the draft).... I think Jeff Teague might fit in here nicely and I am also thinking he will probably be attainable....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Lillard is playing out of this world, if we would have somehow got him and AD?! Mannn that would of been something. Also still wish we had collison that trade for him was garbage

Collison done fell off a good bit. How do you lose your starting job to 50 year old Derek Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Lillard is playing out of this world, if we would have somehow got him and AD?! Mannn that would of been something. Also still wish we had collison that trade for him was garbage
    I would say, with out a shadow of doubt, that Rivers (in 2 years) will be much better than Lillard is this year. Keep in mind that Lillard came out as a Senior, while Rivers came out as a Freshman. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I would say, with out a shadow of doubt, that Rivers (in 2 years) will be much better than Lillard is this year. Keep in mind that Lillard came out as a Senior, while Rivers came out as a Freshman. Patience.
    Ummm much better? Lillard averages like 20 and 7. I hope you're right, but i don't see Rivers ever averaging that. 14-16 and 6-8 or so, maybe in his prime.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I'm an advocate of getting a PG through trade or FA (versus the draft).... I think Jeff Teague might fit in here nicely and I am also thinking he will probably be attainable....
    they could actually be a team with some interest in a package like Aminu & J. Smith. their SF play isn't superb and they love athletic wings... they also have a log jam at PG.

I'd honestly take him, lou or Harris, obviously Harris being last but probably pretty easy to obtain at this point

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ummm much better? Lillard averages like 20 and 7. I hope you're right, but i don't see Rivers ever averaging that. 14-16 and 6-8 or so, maybe in his prime.
    In terms of efficiency, running an offense, and defensive prowess, I would surely hope so.

Lillard puts up raw stats (he's really averaging 19 and 6, by the way), but he can't run an offense, his defense is terrible, his passes are offline (never hit where they should hit), and he is currently shooting 37% from the field over his last 10 games. That is horrible! Assists don't mean anything. Half of his assists come from feeding LMA in the post, and that doesn't require any skill on Lillard's part.

I don't understand why people are so polarized by him.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Woah what happened to your firm stance on Vasquez being a Top 15 PG?

Finally admitting you were wrong?
    I DONT know who you are talking about, or if you have mistaken me for someone else !? But, i implore to locate any post in which I said GV was a top 15 PG !? I DO NOT EVER RECALL SAYING THAT ! Because I am getting OLD, & have memory lapses, I check MY POST from the past 7 months & I gotta tell ya>>> I Just dont see it ! You must be lookin for someone else !

Yeah i keep forgetting how young Rivers is, I hope you're right, I am def a Rivers lover, just have to be patient with him.

In terms of efficiency, running an offense, and defensive prowess, I would surely hope so.

Lillard puts up raw stats (he's really averaging 19 and 6, by the way), but he can't run an offense, his defense is terrible, his passes are offline (never hit where they should hit), and he is currently shooting 37% from the field over his last 10 games. That is horrible! Assists don't mean anything. Half of his assists come from feeding LMA in the post, and that doesn't require any skill on Lillard's part.

I don't understand why people are so polarized by him.
    On no planet will Rivers ever be better than Lillard. To use your logic, just as Rivers will continue to progress as a player, so shall Lillard. Lillard is the better player. Rivers not being better than Lillard is not a knock on Rivers. Its just fact.

No Gameday thread today?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    On no planet will Rivers ever be better than Lillard. To use your logic, just as Rivers will continue to progress as a player, so shall Lillard.
    He was saying that Austin will have a better year when he's 22 in two years than Lillard does this year at age 22.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    On no planet will Rivers ever be better than Lillard. To use your logic, just as Rivers will continue to progress as a player, so shall Lillard. Lillard is the better player. Rivers not being better than Lillard is not a knock on Rivers. Its just fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    He was saying that Austin will have a better year when he's 22 in two years than Lillard does this year at age 22.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Myck Kabongo anyone?
    Speaking of....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--...035535906.html

Several NBA front-office officials believed Kabongo could have elevated himself into a mid-first round draft pick as a sophomore. As one Eastern Conference official said, "Maybe even a late lottery pick in what's going to be an average draft."

But after what most considered an ordinary freshman season and becoming ineligible as a sophomore, Kabongo's chances to getting drafted in the first round are improbable.
    Do we have any 2nd round picks?

Thread Information