Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Game Day Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Anyone?

not a good sign when we don't have Fancy Game Day Threads. lol

Thanks for starting this though.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Ill be at this game. Driving up from San Diego right now. Sitting next to the bench on the left side. My wife and I will probably be the only ones in Hornets head gear. Gotta represent. Hopefully well get there early enough for shoot around. Ill take photos and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by j_bones View Post
    Ill be at this game. Driving up from San Diego right now. Sitting next to the bench on the left side. My wife and I will probably be the only ones in Hornets head gear. Gotta represent. Hopefully well get there early enough for shoot around. Ill take photos and videos.
    NICE! Have fun man! DO IT UP!

After last game against the clippers, I just feel like griffin is going to have a career night

No Jason Smith = No Win..

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    They should have Jason Smith active and suit up in uniform and send him to the check in table (but not check in...) just to instill FEAR in Blake's mind.

GO LANCE THOMAS!

But really, I'm feeling a Hornets W. This team is actually improved since the last time we played them, plus they're hungry. I'm thinking we win a close one 91-88.

I have a great feeling we really come to play. Expect the clippers to be down double digits at some point

We also have Robin Lopez who is a griffin killer, so I have no worries about him.

Tonight all depends on Vazquez, and how he responds to constant pressure from CP3 and Bledsoe. Rivers will have a pretty good matchup for most of the night as well, so we could see a good performance from him now that he's on a steady incline. We always play the Clips close so I wouldn't be shocked if we pull an upset... And hopefully we do because we're heading into another string of tough games.

Keys to the Game

1. Crash the Offensive Glass

Aminu and Ryan Anderson did a good job of this in the first meeting, and now the Hornets have their top offensive rebounder in Anthony Davis back after missing the previous matchup. The Clippers allow opponents to rebound nearly 29% of their misses, which is in the bottom five in the NBA. The Hornets were on fire in the last meeting (shooting nearly 51), so there weren’t a ton of boards to be grabbed. It is highly likely that they shoot a lower percentage this game, and if they do, they need to makeup for it on the glass.

2. Limit Turnovers

This is where the Clippers separate themselves from the pack. Not only do they do a tremendous job of forcing turnovers (1st in the league in steals, total turnovers, and TO%), but they are among the best at converting in transition. They average 1.22 points per possession in transition, which is 5th in the league. About 17% of their makes in transition are ‘And 1′s’ or three pointers, providing a potentially huge 5-point swing in their favor when they turn you over and run.

3. Isolation Works

This Clippers team is solid on defense across the board with one exception- they are terrible defending iso plays. They give up .9 point per possession against isolation plays, which is 26th in the NBA. The main culprits are Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford. When they are put in space, they allow the opponent to shoot over 50% from the field and give up over 1.1 points per possession. Bledsoe, Barnes, and Butler all have exceptional numbers in this area, but Paul and Crawford can be exploited. The Clippers get a lot of their steals by jumping passing lanes. One way to remedy that is to put Vasquez, Roberts, or Rivers in an iso situation against a poor iso defender and either take the shot or make the simple kick out when defenders come to help.
    @mcnamara247

Awesome j_bones! Nice and refreshing to see dedicated fans making the travel. This is now my new favorite team to watch the Hornets play. As a younger person it was the Spurs because I was so blind to how good Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan actually were. For some reason I thought they sucked and were lucky I'm pretty sure it was just pure hate from me. I have come to figure out I was completely wrong and that is just not the case. Not getting into my life story, but anyways have a blast you picked a great game!

AD career night baby!!!!

Davis vs Griffin is going to be a great matchup to watch tonight.

I can't wait to watch future match ups of Davis vs. Griffin along with this one. Once he develops Blake will have some serious trouble with our man. I remember watching sports center top 10 thinking how awesome a big man like Griffin would be. Little did I know we would be getting Anthony Davis. Last game Rivers did a damn good job holding Jamal Crawford down all game. I see no reason why Rivers can't become an offensive threat like a Crawford. With time and experience he will be a coveted scorer as is Crawford, but hopefully a better defender which he already is. If operation tank is in effect this is one team I love and want to beat. I still have a spot deep down for CP3, but nothing makes me happier then smashing him and the clips. Knowing how much winning means to him it's gotta hurt to be beat by us.

Gordon rejoins Hornets Saturday per Jenn Hale

We getting pudding for christmas!!!!! THANK YOU SANTA! !^_^!

I'm really getting tired of listening to Steven Howard. He's horrible at commentating

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    I'm really getting tired of listening to Steven Howard. He's horrible at commentating
    Bring back Gil!!! THE MCGREGASTRATOR FTW

I hope fans do give Gordon a warm welcome back. This injury has to bother him as it does with any competitor. No way do I believe he's just sitting out for his future. The guy had an injury and just couldn't get healthy. I had majority of college football taken away from me because of 2 injuries. I know how he feels and it has to be extremely frustrating. He would have a gold medal if not for this injury. He deserves a break! People wanna get mad when Fletcher is ripped, how about Fletcher ripping Gordon!? Saying he is soft as pudding, doesn't want to play, or only cares about $. Gordon is also probably a really good person, but since he got a nagging injury after making a game winning shot he is ripped 24/7?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I hope fans do give Gordon a warm welcome back. This injury has to bother him as it does with any competitor. No way do I believe he's just sitting out for his future. The guy had an injury and just couldn't get healthy. I had majority of college football taken away from me because of 2 injuries. I know how he feels and it has to be extremely frustrating. He would have a gold medal if not for this injury. He deserves a break! People wanna get mad when Fletcher is ripped, how about Fletcher ripping Gordon!? Saying he is soft as pudding, doesn't want to play, or only cares about $. Gordon is also probably a really good person, but since he got a nagging injury after making a game winning shot he is ripped 24/7?

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone mad at Fletcher getting ripped. I just don't think I've ever seen that.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Omg. Just got done talking to Del Demps for a good 2 mins.

He can change his puddin title to beast pretty easily. We shall see.

Omg. Just got done talking to Del Demps for a good 2 mins.
    What did he say dude?!?!?!?!?

I'm going to try and be positive tonight... I know... I know... not my forte. haha

Thread Information