Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Damian Lillard

Damian Lillard

Not so overrated it seems.

The good news is TANK ON!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It was a hell of a shot, but the man still went 5-14 for 16 points.

Props to him for the shot and the win, nevertheless.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    It was a hell of a shot, but the man still went 5-14 for 16 points.

Props to him for the shot and the win, nevertheless.
    Don't try to reason with the Lillard fan boys. He hit the game winner! That means he played great! Yeah! Also, Vasquez owned him all game. Dude posted 23, 11, and 8.

I am not a fan boy. I just want to ridicule those that doubt this kid. Jokes on them.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Aside from hitting that prayer at the end Lillard didn't stand out tonight.

Lillard > Davis atm and for years to come i think Davis will have a better overall career, we can only hope.

We can only hope Davis will be better. I hope it's not a Andrew Bogut CP3 type deal. Ugh, how horrible would that be.

Lillard had 3 or 4 years of college as oppose to Davis who came out as a freshmen. So Lillard is more seasoned and more physically developed than Davis and Rivers for that matter. But Lillard is going to be a really good point guard for the next couple of years. He could be part of the new wave of great PG's like Irving and Holiday!

lillard is a big shot maker...i compared him to chauncey billups coming into the draft for that reason, along with his high character and leadership skills

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Aside from hitting that prayer at the end Lillard didn't stand out tonight.
    This seems to be missing from the conversation. Even with that somewhat lucky three, he scores 16 points on 14 shots and has 4 assists in 39 minutes. He also got lit up by Vasquez. That is an above average game, at best
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am not a fan boy. I just want to ridicule those that doubt this kid. Jokes on them.
    I don't think many people doubt him, but he certainly isn't what many of you fan boys make him out to be. 4-14 is horrible. The guy he was guarding nearly had a triple double. That's bad, and there is no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This seems to be missing from the conversation. Even with that somewhat lucky three, he scores 16 points on 14 shots and has 4 assists in 39 minutes. He also got lit up by Vasquez. That is an above average game, at best
    Get out of here with your facts and logic!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We can only hope?

Lillard is good. Really good. But Davis can and will alter the course of the game on both ends of the court. Like was said, he wasn't really hindering Vasquez a great deal.

And you can call me a fanboy. I'll gladly cop to that. I wish he was less effective than he was tonight, that's for sure. But man, do I wish he and Vasquez could trade places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Lillard > Davis atm and for years to come i think Davis will have a better overall career, we can only hope.
    Tis the season to Troll
    "I am sorry if what I say hurts your feelings....Wait, no I'm not!"

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Exactly, if that shot at the end doesn't happen people aren't even mentioning him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Lillard has a limited ceiling and he's basically hit it already. He won't be much better than this throughout his career. Dude dont look like no rookie though at all.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

it is one game...overall he is a very similar player right now to brandon jennings, a guy who you want to get for this team

you have mentioned that you believe rivers will be the better player down the road but have also mentioned that you would always take the sure thing...lillard is good now and thus the sure thing...honestly, i just hope rivers will one day be as good as lillard is right now

Avg game for Lillard still wins the game for Portland.

His season has really been amazing as well. Look at that PER.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...sition/rookies

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    it is one game...overall he is a very similar player right now to brandon jennings, a guy who you want to get for this team

you have mentioned that you believe rivers will be the better player down the road but have also mentioned that you would always take the sure thing...lillard is good now and thus the sure thing...honestly, i just hope rivers will one day be as good as lillard is right now

I am just saying that people are acting that he clinched ROY with this great performance when in all actuality this was one of his lesser games

lol at all the people thinking Liiard we be better than Davis. Remember when Oakafor won ROTY over D Howard how did that turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Avg game for Lillard still wins the game for Portland.

His season has really been amazing as well. Look at that PER.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...sition/rookies
    Estimaged Win Average, whatever that is, is pretty damn high too.

And damn it...imagine if Detroit hadn't pilfered Drummond. Just imagine it.

I am fine with having Davis. I believe in PER and Davis' is top 10 overall. I believe Davis will be better, but I know Lillard is playing better right now. I just find it funny how people are always out to downgrade Lillard even after he just hammered them.

I am just saying that people are acting that he clinched ROY with this great performance when in all actuality this was one of his lesser games
    I get you saying that. But gotta remember people remember the last thing you did most. Know how idiots, I mean people were talking about Manti Te'o needing "Heisman Moments" even though he deserved the thing? When the ROY discussion comes up what play you think will come up? Davis getting alley oop #39 or Lillard hitting a game winner at the buzzer?

Voters are human after all.

Lillard is a really good PG and will probably be great. I'm with Mac, no rivers is not as good now and maybe never be. But if you don't think Rivers can be better in 2 years or have a better career you are crazy. No way Lillard leaves Duke as a freshman and does what he is doing. I believe in 5 years Rivers can be the best SG in the NBA. Kobe and Wade are done at this point. He will be competing with a "healthy" Gordon, maybe haha and a Veteran in Harden. He has a total skill set and shows flashes of everything you see from very few players. If he can become really good and more consistent with everything he is doing now? Watch out! No reason this kid shouldn't with the way he already works and knows what it takes. No one I would rather have and see do it with Davis. Not even Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Lillard is a really good PG and will probably be great. I'm with Mac, no rivers is not as good now and maybe never be. But if you don't think Rivers can be better in 2 years or have a better career you are crazy. No way Lillard leaves Duke as a freshman and does what he is doing. I believe in 5 years Rivers can be the best SG in the NBA. Kobe and Wade are done at this point. He will be competing with a "healthy" Gordon, maybe haha and a Veteran in Harden. He has a total skill set and shows flashes of everything you see from very few players. If he can become really good and more consistent with everything he is doing now? Watch out! No reason this kid shouldn't with the way he already works and knows what it takes. No one I would rather have and see do it with Davis. Not even Lillard.
    but do we know that rivers will ever be as good as lillard is right now?? No, it is just wishful thinking

Thread Information