My Dream 2013/14 Hornets Team

Point Guard:
    Starter - Rivers
    Backup - Vasques

Shooting Guard:
    Starter - Gordon
    Backup - gerald henderson or alec burkes

Small Forward:
    Shabazz muhammad paired with anyone of the likes of parsons, budinger , dorrell wright or CJ miles

Power Forward:
    Starter - Unibrow
    Backup - Ryno

Center:
    Starter - Al Jefferson
    Backup - Lopez

if we get rid of aminu, X and rashad lewis' contract we could maybe get jefferson and parsons or budinger and wright.

Even if we don't get Jefferson I would be happy with that ONLY if Rivers shows some court vision before the end of the season. Right now he is focussing on his offensive game, and rightfully so. He needs to be able to score, in my opinion, before he can become an effective point man for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Even if we don't get Jefferson I would be happy with that ONLY if Rivers shows some court vision before the end of the season. Right now he is focussing on his offensive game, and rightfully so. He needs to be able to score, in my opinion, before he can become an effective point man for us.
    Rivers has shown a lot of promise as a PG, like u said he is working on his offensive game but also when gordon comes back there will be less need for a true PG when u have someone like rivers and gordon on the floor demanding no double teams on other players, gordon and rivers both being able passers will make up for the deficit of not having a true PG, it seems to be working for the Thunder ya know?
    Also I like jefferson not only because he would be a great scoring rebounding option but also davis is only lacking a post game and who better to learn from than the best post scorer in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Rivers has shown a lot of promise as a PG, like u said he is working on his offensive game but also when gordon comes back there will be less need for a true PG when u have someone like rivers and gordon on the floor demanding no double teams on other players, gordon and rivers both being able passers will make up for the deficit of not having a true PG, it seems to be working for the Thunder ya know?
    Also I like jefferson not only because he would be a great scoring rebounding option but also davis is only lacking a post game and who better to learn from than the best post scorer in the NBA
    I agree, but just the fact that Aminu and our poor SFs are gone and Vasquez is manning the 2nd unit is enough to sell me. lol

What I'm most surprised by is the fact that Monty is working with Davis's post game so much, but they never throw him the ball in the post during the game.

But if Shabazz is gone i say we Draft Alex Len, kids an absolute beast on offense and defense. And then make sure we throw some money at a scoring SF like budinger or trade vasques and lopez for a scoring SF like deng or someone

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I still don't think Rivers will ever be a PG, but I sure do hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    I still don't think Rivers will ever be a PG, but I sure do hope I'm wrong.
    not a true PG but a combo guard in the sense of allen iveron, westbrook and Rose, if we have people who can create for themselves like rivers gordon and shabazz u dont really need a true pg, nba is evolving

That's what I'm thinking. A point guard in what sense of the word? People say Westbrook, Rose, aren't "true" point guards but they carry out point guard duties.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. A point guard in what sense of the word? People say Westbrook, Rose, aren't "true" point guards but they carry out point guard duties.
    Exactly, when you have a team that is full of players that are better with the ball in their hands for example westbrook durant and harden, or rivers gordon shabazz u dont need a true PG, u just run a lot of ISO and no one gets doubled because there are too many scoring threats, especially with Ryno on the floor. Durant has also stated we remind him so much of them a few years back and i can see why

Allen Iverson was a combo guard?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What kind of guard would ya'll say Stephen Curry is?

Yes, Iverson was a combo Guard. Him and Snow shared PG duties.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    If Rivers becomes anything close to Curry or Westbrook, the Hornets might have had the best draft in NBA history. I can't wait until after next year once Rivers and Davis have matured. This should be one hell of a basketball team

What kind of guard would ya'll say Stephen Curry is?
    Would also say a combo guard:
    rose, iverson, westbrook, curry, tyreke, rivers, jennings, basically players that have PG duties and can find open players but ussually tend to create and look for their own shot

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    If Rivers becomes anything close to Curry or Westbrook, the Hornets might have had the best draft in NBA history. I can't wait until after next year once Rivers and Davis have matured. This should be one hell of a basketball team
    Well thats exactly how ive been comparing him since we drafted him, a poor man's combination of AI/Westbrook
    AI's crossover and floater with westbrook's ability to get to the rim and fearless mentality, while being an able passer

Man that is a great team if we can pull that off I would run around the CBD opening night in a full pelicans custom. Will we have the cap room to sign those players?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Yes, Iverson was a combo Guard. Him and Snow shared PG duties.
    He was about as much as a combo guard as Kobe IMO.

looking at that team again we would have to drop lopez and make J Smith our back up center

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He was about as much as a combo guard as Kobe IMO.
    Iverson probably got slapped with the point guard label because of his size.

Iverson probably got slapped with the point guard label because of his size.
    Yeah that's what I think and they tried to force him in the position once or twice. He did have some higher assist totals than I remember though. But he put up an awful amount of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah that's what I think and they tried to force him in the position once or twice. He did have some higher assist totals than I remember though. But he put up an awful amount of shots.
    You ain't lyin. One year he averaged almost 28 shots a game.

And yeah, he wasn't too shabby in the assists category. He could assist AND score. Combo guard.

Rivers/Vasquez/Roberts
    Gordon/Shabazz
    Iggy/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas
    Davis/Lopez

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Watching Muhammad, I'll be surprised if teams put him at SG in the NBA. He looks and plays a lot like a SF.

Watching Muhammad, I'll be surprised if teams put him at SG in the NBA. He looks and plays a lot like a SF.
    The beauty of my proposed lineup is that Rivers, Vasquez, Gordon, Muhammad, Iggy, and Miller can all play and defend multiple positions.

So such a concern would be moot.

i feel he can play either also, has the stroke and athleticism to play the 2 bud he is as strong as an ox and even has a standing dunk to play the SF, he's MKG with a jumpshot if we could get unibrow, rivers and mkg with a jumper aka shabazz plus al jefferson = major success

Thread Information