Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

Just release him and re-sign Boki Nachbar

If we trade Aminu, we need to get a veteren. Too many young guys on this team. At some point, winning has to be the objective. We can't get all these young players and continuously be in development mode.

Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

Iggy

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    If we trade Aminu, we need to get a veteren. Too many young guys on this team. At some point, winning has to be the objective. We can't get all these young players and continuously be in development mode.
    If we could get Iggy or Deng, I would be happy. Deng is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Iggy
    I love how we are somehow going to get IGGY but not Tyson. IGGY has a strong relationship with the owner and GM. You think the Nuggets are just gonna let him walk? Hell to the NO! Guy has dominated in Denver and they have room to sign him and will give him Max! You think he just walks and comes to the Hornets though haha I hear ya.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I love how we are somehow going to get IGGY but not Tyson. IGGY has a strong relationship with the owner and GM. You think the Nuggets are just gonna let him walk? Hell to the NO! Guy has dominated in Denver and they have room to sign him and will give him Max! You think he just walks and comes to the Hornets though haha I hear ya.
    Strong relationship? He was just traded there in October. Didn't they just sign Lawson and Danilo and McGee? I don't even know if they'll be able to keep him for max. Iggy will be a FA. TC is under contract. I can guarantee you we have a better shot at Iggy than we ever would with TC

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Strong relationship? He was just traded there in October. Didn't they just sign Lawson and Danilo and McGee? I don't even know if they'll be able to keep him for max. Iggy will be a FA. TC is under contract. I can guarantee you we have a better shot at Iggy than we ever would with TC
    Yea he is previously linked to being friends with Kronke and have developed a strong relationship over the years. He said this once he was traded and how happy he was to be in Denver with the GM, owner, and coach. They can afford to sign him because they will trade any of those guys but Lawson to keep IGGY. He is the superstar they brought in to build around. No team can offer him more $ or years than nuggets. Like I said if the Knicks wants Cp3 the only option is to trade Tyson. Otherwise it is impossible and if Cp3 isn't in Clipperland next year, it's probably because he is a Knick. They won't have a problem finding veterans for cheap to sign in NY with Cp3.

Yea he is previously linked to being friends with Kronke and have developed a strong relationship over the years. He said this once he was traded and how happy he was to be in Denver with the GM, owner, and coach. They can afford to sign him because they will trade any of those guys but Lawson to keep IGGY. He is the superstar they brought in to build around. No team can offer him more $ or years than nuggets. Like I said if the Knicks wants Cp3 the only option is to trade Tyson. Otherwise it is impossible and if Cp3 isn't in Clipperland next year, it's probably because he is a Knick. They won't have a problem finding veterans for cheap to sign in NY with Cp3.
    Like you said, except you're wrong.

Look at the cap situation.

The salary cap is about 58 million.

their cap figure with Tyson is 76,404,000 next year before any signings. His cap figure is 14 million. which brings you at 62 Million will will be still at or above the cap depending on what the cap moves to at the end of the year. They would have to drop another 16 million or so to make a run at him.

And before you bring it up, they can't amnesty amare.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

i was going to make a long comment but seeing you say that iguodala has "dominated" in denver tells me its not worth the argument

he just doesnt fit on their team, but he would work beautifully next to gordon

Like I said if the Knicks wants Cp3 the only option is to trade Tyson. Otherwise it is impossible and if Cp3 isn't in Clipperland next year, it's probably because he is a Knick. They won't have a problem finding veterans for cheap to sign in NY with Cp3.
    Like I've said before, if CP is set on going to NY, the clippers will trade him there before letting him walk for nothing. They'd essentially be in the same position as we were last year. With that being said I think a three team trade goes down where either Tyson ends up a clipper along with other players and picks and Deandre is shipped to the third team OR the Clippers stick with DeAndre and acquire players from NYK possibly like Felton along with picks/players/expirings and the third team gets Chandler. So I would think the only way the Hornets could get chandler is if they are that third team facilitating the trade, meaning we probably have to give up our pick.

he just doesnt fit on their team, but he would work beautifully next to gordon
    I think he would fit in Denver if they moved him to the SF like he's done all his career, but with Danilo being there that's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I think he would fit in Denver if they moved him to the SF like he's done all his career, but with Danilo being there that's highly unlikely .
    Exactly. Guardian is talking out of his butt. Why would Denver want to sign ANOTHER SF to max-like money when they have danilo galinari..

and if they dont want to sign him and want something in return, then we do a sign and trade with gv, aminu, lopez, our 1st for iggy and mcgee( they dont think hes worth the money they signed him for but hes not playing bad.. heres his per 40 stats over the past five games, 27 points, 8 rebounds and 7 blocks while shooting 67 percent from the floor)

rivers
    gordon
    iggy
    davis
    mcGee

mwhahaha.. my only idiotic trade idea for the month

Exactly. Guardian is talking out of his butt. Why would Denver want to sign ANOTHER SF to max-like money when they have danilo galinari..
    Because he is way better than Danilo sorry. They traded for him and see him as the future small forward and team leader. Just like he would look good here. He also look good next to Lawson and Danilo on the court at the same time. He fits perfectly in Denver especially if the plan is to build around him then they can trade pieces like Danilo away. Guy is exactly what they were looking for and has been stated plenty of times go do your research.

Future of the team at the age of 30... My bad. I defer to your insider knowledge of the Nuggets organization.

Because he is way better than Danilo sorry. They traded for him and see him as the future small forward and team leader. Just like he would look good here. He also look good next to Lawson and Danilo on the court at the same time. He fits perfectly in Denver especially if the plan is to build around him then they can trade pieces like Danilo away. Guy is exactly what they were looking for and has been stated plenty of times go do your research.
    hes not a damn shooting guard and he has not played well next to danilo.. how are you seeing this? he doesnt play well as the scorer, and with him at the 2, Denver's defense is worse than it was last year and iggy is one of the BEST defenders in the league, explain that
    Last edited by bojangles837; 12-20-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Future of the team at the age of 30... My bad. I defer to your insider knowledge of the Nuggets organization.
    hes obviously Coby Karl

Like I've said before, if CP is set on going to NY, the clippers will trade him there before letting him walk for nothing. They'd essentially be in the same position as we were last year. With that being said I think a three team trade goes down where either Tyson ends up a clipper along with other players and picks and Deandre is shipped to the third team OR the Clippers stick with DeAndre and acquire players from NYK possibly like Felton along with picks/players/expirings and the third team gets Chandler. So I would think the only way the Hornets could get chandler is if they are that third team facilitating the trade, meaning we probably have to give up our pick.
    Deandre is Blake Griffins best friend. I doubt with his recent emergence of a post game they trade him away. Cp3 isn't attached to the Clippers like the Hornets. No way they move him before this offseason when he will of course give them a chance to resign him. When the time for him to be a free agent comes and visits the Knicks never before being able to be free is very enticing. Having one of your best friends in Carmelo begging you to come then things are a lot more possible than before. I could definitely see him leaving the Clips with nothing and going to the Knicks. If you don't think so then you aren't paying attention to that toast Cp3, Carmelo, and Amare made. Yes Amare who would be a beast when healthy with Cp3. Chandler will be traded and dumped in a heartbeat if Cp3 goes to the big apple just like he was for Okafor. Only way possible he can get to the Knicks is if Chandler is moved. Cp3 has always been friends with Jr Smtih almost got him to come to the Clips but got Crawford instead. If anything is possible it is Cp3 to the Knicks.

I can see where your coming from, but if I was Denver's GM and I know Iggy is nowhere near effective as he is normally at the SF, i do one of three things, stick with him at the SG spot, pay him max and have to deal with underperformance on his part but he provides veteran leadership and excellent defense. Id try to move Danilo so Iggy can move to the three making him more effective, or I let him walk.

DeAndre has improved in the post but he isn't consistent like they would like him to be. Honestly, he is the X factor for that team if he shows up and dominates in the paint like we've seen him do at times they can go far. And as the best friend thing goes, I think the players realize this is a business and a upgrade at the center would make blake a better player. This entire thread is just all hypothetical talk lol.
    Last edited by Nsingh93; 12-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.

hes not a damn shooting guard and he has not played well next to danilo.. how are you seeing this? he doesnt play well as the scorer, and with him at the 2, Denver's defense is worse than it was last year
    Your gonna blame Denver's defense on IGGY playing the 2? Are you serious. Maybe it's your boy Danilo playing the 3 is the problem with the D. Yes at age 30 with a young Lawson and Faried they are in a win now mode and plan on resigning the age "30" IGGY to a max. He is a gold medalist who so happens to be one of the best defenders in the NBA. He is more suited at SF which is why they probably trade away Danillo and Chandler to keep IGGy. Lawson/?/IGGY/Faried/Koufkos and Mozgov. They can move Danillo and McGee to fill in the SG and other spots to fill. I will bet you any $ IGGY is a nugget.

You are completely ignoring the fact that the Knicks will be over the cap still even if they "dump" TC. Open your damn eyes dude.

I can see where your coming from, but if I was Denver's GM and I know Iggy is nowhere near effective as he is normally at the SF, i do one of three things, stick with him at the SG spot, pay him max and have to deal with underperformance on his part but he provides veteran leadership and excellent defense. Id try to move Danilo so Iggy can move to the three making him more effective, or I let him walk.
    Now your talking and is exactly what is probably going to happen. Denver loves IGGY and he seems to love them. Of course it is possible for him to be a Hornet, but with the way everything looks in Denver it all leads up to him returning and being happy.

They'd need to dump TC AND at least another 16-20 mil to even compete to sign CP3

You are completely ignoring the fact that the Knicks will be over the cap still even if they "dump" TC. Open your damn eyes dude.
    You are completely ignoring the fact that if we took him they could dump someone else on us or a 3rd team as I stated before. Very possible open your eyes and read. I am we'll aware of the cap situation which is exactly why they move Chandler and someone else in a dump for Cp3! Is it getting clearer yet?

Thread Information