Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

Trade Idea Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

The guy is definitely in the doghouse, which sux coz I had pretty high hopes for him. What trades do you think may be possible?

So far I think Anthony Morrow from Atlanta (they need SF help in a bad way) or Kirk Hinrich from Chicago (They would prolly consider him an upgrade at backup SF) could work and seem semi-possible. What ideas you got?

package him with vasques to increase his value and get a vet SF who can score

Vasquez + Aminu for a SF ruins us at PG though, doesnt it?

I've been wondering about a trade involving Aminu, but his value is pretty low b/c he’s a one dimensional type player with a $3m price tag.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ctpba75

Brings in another big to relieve Lopez and help keep him at the 15-20 min mark.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brg5mku

Unloads Aminu and brings competition in for Smith.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cgda3a3

Seems the Wolves are crowded ar PG now with Rubio back, Let Vasquez and Shved split time at point and move Roberts over to SG.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cr9b8lb

Unloads Aminu and brings in a PG and C to tinker with for one season.

Aminu is basically an expiring contract at this point, just like Henry. He has little to no value as an actual player in a trade. Only way I could see him being moved is for another expiring or as a part of a package to make a trade worth. Otherwise, he is more valuable to the Hornets as a guy just falling off the cap this summer
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Aminu is basically an expiring contract at this point, just like Henry. He has little to no value as an actual player in a trade. Only way I could see him being moved is for another expiring or as a part of a package to make a trade worth. Otherwise, he is more valuable to the Hornets as a guy just falling off the cap this summer
    Exactly so unless we find someone willing to take vasquez along with aminu or something like that AFA essentially has 0 value by himself.

I wonder if Aminu would be better with a team that plays faster. I think if he could land with the Rockets or someone like that he would be ok

How about this one, a three way trade that will be able to be made on January 15th:

Hornets give Aminu and Henry
    Hornets receive: Wayne Ellington and Darrell Arthur

Magic Give: JJ Reddick
    Magic Receive: Henry, Aminu, and Grizz 1st rounder

Grizz receive: JJ Reddick
    Grizz give: Arthur, Ellington, 1st

Hornets pick up a decent backup 2 in Ellington and an insurance policy in case Smith can't come back this year in Arthur. Also, when he was a rookie in Memphis, Arthur was the guy Vasquez had the best chemistry with.

Memphis is hot for Reddick and give up essentially 2 third stringers on their team and a late first for a guy who could put them over the top. Magic continue their rebuild, get a look at two young guys and get another 1st rounder for a player they will lose anyway this summer.

Arthur can't be traded until January 15th, so that holds the deal up for now, but makes it possible before the deadline.

Would the Grizz give up all of that for Reddick? Seems odd.

Aminu needs to play with a Chris Paul or Andre Miller type of pg. Jason Kidd also fits the bill. I would try to trade him to a team with a pg like that. I personally think that he will benefit from Gordon being back. Gordon is a competent guard that will be able to hit the open man on a fast break. The Hornets have virtually zero fast break offensive points. Once that happens, Aminu's trade value will go up.

The Franchise
    Don't show this to Dallas fans as they love him but Rodrique Beaubois is done in Dallas, shooting 30% and only playing garbage minutes at best. Could be a Dell trash for trash type of trade, Beaubois has potential as does Aminu - maybe a new system helps each player.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

I don't think Mavs fan care about what happens to Beaubois... They should all be on the Mayo train by now...

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I don't think Mavs fan care about what happens to Beaubois... They should all be on the Mayo train by now...
    Should but as a fan you always over-rate your own players, and a lot of Mav fans are in love his potential

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    If we move him, I hope it's for a valuable asset, which I doubt is doable unless its another underachieving young expiring player. I don't want to take in any salary unless we land an impact player.

I'd rather use him and Henry as expirings and let them come off the books. We know we're not competing this year, so my as well go into FA with as much money as possible. Unless, both Henry and Aminu are used as extras to pull in a big trade.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    DENG

Morrow's the best shooter in 2k so I'll take it on that sole reason

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Morrow is an interesting player, don't feel like looking up his contract but as long as its around 2-3 million I'd trade either X or Aminu for him. Dude can stroke it, him and Ryno on the court together would be disgusting.

EDIT:I lied, he's a 4 mill expiring and I'd ship both of X and Aminu to Atl if they wanted for him. Give him half a season to see if he fits here as a back up 2/3. Can he play the 3?
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 12-19-2012 at 05:14 PM.

I don't think Morrow fits in a slow paced offense. He is at his best when he plays in a run and gun style.

Aminu and Henry for Will Bynum and Austin Daye in a trash for trash deal wouldn't be awful. I like Will Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Aminu and Henry for Will Bynum and Austin Daye in a trash for trash deal wouldn't be awful. I like Will Bynum.
    And I like Daye's length, although he hasn't panned out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I was just about to propose something for Austin Daye, didn't have an idea of just what, i'm still kind of torn when it comes to Aminu.

any offense at the 3 plz

Would you guys take a chance on Michael Beasley?

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Would you guys take a chance on Michael Beasley?
    Absolutely not. The suns are 4-1 since sending him to the bench.

Thread Information