Pelicans Report

Thread: Tyreke Evans {merged}

Tyreke Evans {merged}

Is there any chance he'll be a hornet before the trade deadline or maybe as a FA next season? I know Dell has always liked him, we badly need a scorer and I think he'll be great off of our bench so that Rivers can focus at just developing as a PG, Evans would be great in the 2nd unit and currently plays at PG with the Kings so if need be, we can use him in a bigger lineup at either SG or PG when Gordon comes back...

What do you guys think? Is it even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post

Is there any chance he'll be a hornet before the trade deadline or maybe as a FA next season? I know Dell has always liked him, we badly need a scorer and I think he'll be great off of our bench so that Rivers can focus at just developing as a PG, Evans would be great in the 2nd unit and currently plays at PG with the Kings so if need be, we can use him in a bigger lineup at either SG or PG when Gordon comes back...

What do you guys think? Is it even possible?

He wouldn't be in the second unit if we did get him. But I seriously doubt it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Man if we were able to get this dude it would give us some much needed stability in that back court.... I hope Dell is looking at a possible SG pick up somewhere in the league, we can't continue like this for too long... Our bigs are carrying the team, we need a scorer and it's clear that Rivers (who was supposed to be the pure scorer off of the bench) aint gonna cut it... at least not this season

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I honestly do not think he would be an upgrade as a starter. He averages 3 turnovers per game and shoots a low 3pt %. His fg% is ok/average.

He's not a very good PG or SG. Overrated.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

If the dude can develop a jumpshot worth a crap he'd be hard to guard. He reminds me of a right-handed James Harden... without the beard and sweet jumper lol.

Say NO to 'Reke.

Just say NO to Evans

The Franchise

Tyreke Evans

The Kings are a mess and Evans' style of play doesn't help things, and, again, his stock is so low, I'm not sure what the value will be. One team to watch is the Celtics -- Danny Ainge loved him before the draft. I'm not sure Boston has the assets to get a deal done, but I could see the Celtics trying to make something happen. ESPN.com

Should Hornets make a play for him. New team might help him.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If the dude can develop a jumpshot worth a crap he'd be hard to guard.
    That's been the story on him the last 2 years. Seems like he'd have developed one by now if he was going to. We had similar hopes for Ariza, sometimes working on your shot isn't enough.

Tyreke Evans {merged}

I would only be open to the idea of Evans if Gordon is gone. Otherwise, he'll stunt Rivers development.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Maybe with a better situation he could improve. That whole situation (owners hemorrhaging money, clueless head coach with rumors of the GM making him play Aaron Brooks over Isaiah Thomas who is by far the best PG they have, teammates wanting Thomas to start, etc,etc) is a mess. Their best scorer, Marcus Thornton, is struggling to play more than 20 minutes because that organization and head coach are so terrible.

Even after saying all this I'm not very interested in Evans. He'll want to much $$$ and he hasn't proven anything in this league yet. If he signs for 1 year 8 million, sure but I'm sure another team will offer him more. He's talented but I don't think he gets it. Kind of a Javele McGee player to me

Thread Information