.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Results 401 to 420 of 420

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    O I know I was just saying I have seen an improvement in his game from last year to this year.
    Because they are averaging more assists means they are better passers then Anderson? Davis will be a much better passer and already is then half the people you mentioned. Our big men's assists will go up playing with a more experienced team just like the guys you mentioned above who are surrounded by shooters and are the primary go to big man on their team. Marc and Paul were still learning how to pass in Spain at 20. David Lee makes some decent passes but nothing special. Duncan might be the best passing big man ever. As a whole we are a pretty gifted and decent passing big man group with potential in a couple of years to be the best passing group. You are picking just 1 name from few teams. I believe we have 2 very gifted along with 2 above average skilled big men.

  2. #402

  3. #403
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Because they are averaging more assists means they are better passers then Anderson? Davis will be a much better passer and already is then half the people you mentioned. Our big men's assists will go up playing with a more experienced team just like the guys you mentioned above who are surrounded by shooters and are the primary go to big man on their team. Marc and Paul were still learning how to pass in Spain at 20. David Lee makes some decent passes but nothing special. Duncan might be the best passing big man ever. As a whole we are a pretty gifted and decent passing big man group with potential in a couple of years to be the best passing group. You are picking just 1 name from few teams. I believe we have 2 very gifted along with 2 above average skilled big men.
    Did you not watch the game last night? David Lee is an incredible, incredible passing big man, and he does it every night.

    Everyone knows Davis has potential, but to say he is on any of their levels is ridiculous.

  4. #404

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    Keep in mind, Davis is a 19 year old rookie and most of these high assist bigs weren't the passer they are now in year 1 and most of them were older than Davis when they entered the league. Davis has passing ability and will more than likely develop into a good passing big. But it's going to a some time before he gets there.

  5. #405
    I think you quote a wrong one.

    All I am saying Davis is not a good passer yet. Not as good as the ones I mentioned.
    I am not saying he is not a good passer forever.
    All I am saying the team will benefit when it has more dimensions on the offensive end.

    You keep missing the point I was trying to make. What is the matter with this? I sound like I am trashing him and you can't even agree with the facts I pointed out?

    Developing a good post move will help his passing, because he can first attract the defense which opens the other teammates.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Because they are averaging more assists means they are better passers then Anderson? Davis will be a much better passer and already is then half the people you mentioned. Our big men's assists will go up playing with a more experienced team just like the guys you mentioned above who are surrounded by shooters and are the primary go to big man on their team. Marc and Paul were still learning how to pass in Spain at 20. David Lee makes some decent passes but nothing special. Duncan might be the best passing big man ever. As a whole we are a pretty gifted and decent passing big man group with potential in a couple of years to be the best passing group. You are picking just 1 name from few teams. I believe we have 2 very gifted along with 2 above average skilled big men.

  6. #406
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Keep in mind, Davis is a 19 year old rookie and most of these high assist bigs weren't the passer they are now in year 1 and most of them were older than Davis when they entered the league. Davis has passing ability and will more than likely develop into a good passing big. But it's going to a some time before he gets there.
    True. One example is Lee. He was 22 as a rookie.

  7. #407

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Because they are averaging more assists means they are better passers then Anderson? Davis will be a much better passer and already is then half the people you mentioned. Our big men's assists will go up playing with a more experienced team just like the guys you mentioned above who are surrounded by shooters and are the primary go to big man on their team. Marc and Paul were still learning how to pass in Spain at 20. David Lee makes some decent passes but nothing special. Duncan might be the best passing big man ever. As a whole we are a pretty gifted and decent passing big man group with potential in a couple of years to be the best passing group. You are picking just 1 name from few teams. I believe we have 2 very gifted along with 2 above average skilled big men.
    Duncan isn't even close to the best big man ever. Not even close.

  8. #408
    good point

    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Keep in mind, Davis is a 19 year old rookie and most of these high assist bigs weren't the passer they are now in year 1 and most of them were older than Davis when they entered the league. Davis has passing ability and will more than likely develop into a good passing big. But it's going to a some time before he gets there.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklvyn View Post
    I think you quote a wrong one.

    All I am saying Davis is not a good passer yet. Not as good as the ones I mentioned.
    I am not saying he is not a good passer forever.
    All I am saying the team will benefit when it has more dimensions on the offensive end.

    You keep missing the point I was trying to make. What is the matter with this? I sound like I am trashing him and you can't even agree with the facts I pointed out?

    Developing a good post move will help his passing, because he can first attract the defense which opens the other teammates.
    Haha I definitely quoted the wrong person. Sorry raisingthebrow. I know your not bashing at all and point taken. I'm looking to into the future I understand.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Duncan isn't even close to the best big man ever. Not even close.
    Then I think you are the only person to think he isn't close. If we're talking pure skill wise your gonna say Duncan isn't even close? Then who the hell is if I must ask? Guy has never been a super athlete but he is simply gets it done. He may not be the best but he is in the ballpark with rings to back it up. Just explain to me how he isn't close and ill be satisfied. I understand not the best, but not close? If I was being biased I would say he "sucks" "2 slow" "can't jump" because I have always hated him. Seeing him time after time I have come to appreciate his skill level and yes he is one of the greats.

  11. #411

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Then I think you are the only person to think he isn't close. If we're talking pure skill wise your gonna say Duncan isn't even close? Then who the hell is if I must ask? Guy has never been a super athlete but he is simply gets it done. He may not be the best but he is in the ballpark with rings to back it up. Just explain to me how he isn't close and ill be satisfied. I understand not the best, but not close? If I was being biased I would say he "sucks" "2 slow" "can't jump" because I have always hated him. Seeing him time after time I have come to appreciate his skill level and yes he is one of the greats.
    You haven't been paying attention to basketball for very long if you think Duncan is the best ever or close to it. Guys like Sabonis, Divac, Wilt, Walton, Webber, Prime Garnett, Prime Gasol, Kareem, Malone, Prime Brad Miller, and etc.

    Duncan is a very good passer but there were guys who were just as good and even better. Sabonis is the best passing big man that I have had the privilege of watching in my lifetime.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    You haven't been paying attention to basketball for very long if you think Duncan is the best ever or close to it. Guys like Sabonis, Divac, Wilt, Walton, Webber, Prime Garnett, Prime Gasol, Kareem, Malone, Prime Brad Miller, and etc.

    Duncan is a very good passer but there were guys who were just as good and even better. Sabonis is the best passing big man that I have had the privilege of watching in my lifetime.
    Are you talking about just passing? If so then yes he is up with the greats. Talking about pure skill are you serious? Sabonis a guy who averaged double digit rebounds once? Above 15 ppg once? Plus he was a Center. Wilt also a Center. Divac a C who shouldn't even be mentioned in same breath. Bill Walton has 2 season close to an average year for Duncan. Webber sure a better passer but not PF, how many rings? Garnett right with him he is a great. Gasol could never do what Duncan did for the spurs, please! Kareem and Malone are arguably the 2 best. Brad Miller is going to far now. Clean your glasses we have a 3pt line in the NBA now. Duncan is a top 5 PF ever in almost every category, but somehow he isn't great he's just good.

  13. #413

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    I love how you conveniently cherry pick your points and change the whole landscape of the topic to fit your argument.

    Edit.. The response was to your claim of Duncan being possibly the best passing big man ever. Maybe I wasn't clear enough for you.
    Last edited by Snarly; 12-19-2012 at 02:39 PM.

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I love how you conveniently cherry pick your points and change the whole landscape of the topic to fit your argument.
    I didn't cherry pick, I just conveniently went through everyone you listed and had a good laugh. I asked if this is just about passing if so then you have an argument. To say Duncan isn't even close is just wrong. Never thought I would be defending Duncan but his career speaks for itself.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/215/tim-duncan case closed I was even amazed by his consistent #s. find someone even close please!?

  15. #415

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    It's context. You took what I responded to and made a generalization out of it.

  16. #416
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklvyn View Post
    Well, I think both of you went a little far... GeneralGreivis probably see other posts from someone else.

    For the point guard upgrade option, sure you can upgrade Vasquez to one of those hot point guards out there. I currently see more need to upgrade in other positions though. There are more than just Chris Paul mode of building team, which you have the best point guard that makes everyone else looking better. While there are also like Miami heat mode, Memphis mode. On those teams the foward position, front court are invested more.

    For Hornets, now we invested on Anderson, Davis, and Gordon. We might pick another point guard. But I would think it worth more to pick a better center or small foward.
    If this isn't clear after the last few games of us getting slaughtered in the paint, then I don't know what to say. Too many are in love with "young and cheap". I don't see Lopez improving over the years. Greivis probably have more rebounds then Lopez. I don't know what the heck happened. Aminu and Lopez were looking really good in the beginning of the year.

  17. #417
    All-Star Ball Boy Nsingh93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    311

    Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

    By the way anyone found any highlights to the game mainly for Davis and Rivers?

  18. #418
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,479
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Because they are averaging more assists means they are better passers then Anderson? Davis will be a much better passer and already is then half the people you mentioned. Our big men's assists will go up playing with a more experienced team just like the guys you mentioned above who are surrounded by shooters and are the primary go to big man on their team. Marc and Paul were still learning how to pass in Spain at 20. David Lee makes some decent passes but nothing special. Duncan might be the best passing big man ever. As a whole we are a pretty gifted and decent passing big man group with potential in a couple of years to be the best passing group. You are picking just 1 name from few teams. I believe we have 2 very gifted along with 2 above average skilled big men.
    I said nothing about assists or passing.

  19. #419
    #CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,705
    This whole thread page... TL;DR
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day










  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I said nothing about assists or passing.
    Haha completely my fault. Didn't mean to falsely attack you. You along with majority of hornets report have great opinions and post! Once again sorry bro!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •