Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: NBA files for trademarks for the Hornets and the names are...

Dey all ax for Rou...

===
    AD throws one down the crowd cheers "ROUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! "

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Voodoo or Knights nothing else
    VooDoo hands down! Fits like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    We should be the New Orleans Golden Eagles, for this video alone:

LOL wtf! that was funny
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

I really like the Rougarou - I like how it's unique, cajun/voodoo, and I like how it can be shortened to "Rou" or (even better) to "Roux" like the seasoning used in Gumbo. "Roux" would be a great name for a mascot.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    This is ritarded...if its anything other than Pelicans it might as well be called the Louisiana whatevers...New Orleans is not swamps and cajun folklore, Louisiana is. The original names everyone was clamoring for is way more NOLA than this pile of crap.
    I don't understand how somebody could love "Voodoo" as a possible nickname but then feel so strongly against "Rougarou" at the same time. They're very similar. I would give "Voodoo" a slight thumbs up over Roux but it's damn close. I like both of them a bit more than "Pelicans".

I love that little jewish chick in your sig pic. MMM those eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    We should be the New Orleans Golden Eagles, for this video alone:

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! LMAO!! OMG!!!!! That is soooooo scary............but I can't....I can't stop laughing.............I can't stop watching!!!

That is CRAZY!

Yeah that kid is so lucky the eagle dropped him when it did. If it hangs on and ascends for an extra 5 seconds that toddler might have been killed in the fall

Yo!! I'm down for the New Orleans Golden Eagles after that video. And we dare ANYONE outside of NOLA to make fun that name. We'll send a Golden Eagle to snatch your babies out of their cribs at night!!! LMAO!!!

I gotta watch it again.......

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Yeah that kid is so lucky the eagle dropped him when it did. If it hangs on and ascends for an extra 5 seconds that toddler might have been killed in the fall
    I KNOW!! But its like its soooooo scary but I just can't stop LAUGHING!! God I'm such a bad person.....

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I work in St. Louis and one of my co-workers was just telling me about reading the article... and he was like Rougarou is by far my favorite (which surprised me)... so maybe acceptance wouldn't be that bad outside of LA

But back on topic....I guess its just me....and people are probably going give me crap about this statement....but I find this list of names embarrasing and in a way....kind of insulting. Like who is coming up with some of this stuff. Are these professional marketing people? Its like the people throwing out these names associate this entire state and its population with reality shows like Swamp People....

Pelicans is the only thing I would accept on that list....and I don't even like that name. But at least is not a backwoods stereotype. I'll leave it a that.

They all are horrible....you could open up a dictionary, flip through the pages, and plop your finger down and get something better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    But back on topic....I guess its just me....and people are probably going give me crap about this statement....but I find this list of names embarrasing and in a way....kind of insulting. Like who is coming up with some of this stuff. Are these professional marketing people? Its like the people throwing out these names associate this entire state and its population with reality shows like Swamp People....

Pelicans is the only thing I would accept on that list....and I don't even like that name. But at least is not a backwoods stereotype. I'll leave it a that.
    I have to agree. It is insulting and embarrassing. Who in their right mind would consider many of those names for a professional team? It is almost like we are living in the stereotype of the "Water Boy" movie or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Orleans View Post
    They all are horrible....you could open up a dictionary, flip through the pages, and plop your finger down and get something better than that.
    Well, using your method I came up with echolalia. So, the New Orleans Echolalia... Sounds exotic enough.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Well, using your method I came up with echolalia. So, the New Orleans Echolalia... Sounds exotic enough.
    Now im hungry for Enchiladas. Can we get Pancho's built in the Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I have to agree. It is insulting and embarrassing. Who in their right mind would consider many of those names for a professional team? It is almost like we are living in the stereotype of the "Water Boy" movie or something similar.
    This movie....Swamp People...these types of shows and movies really make me mad because this is what people outside of Louisiana associate with the state....they actually think every person in Louisiana are exactly like these people. I know people in Louisiana....probably more so in NOLA....have this isolated "we don't care what other people think about us" mentality....but although I was born in Alexandria, Louisiana and consider it my home...I've lived/traveled all over the states/world (my dad was in the Army we lived in Germany from my Jr High School years thru my first 2 years of college). Its very unsettling how so many people think that Louisiana natives are all uneducated, racist, and poor. Its like we're cut off from the world....when I tell people I'm from Louisiana there are 2 things that automatically come out of their mouth

1. Oh so you're from New Orleans (like NOLA is the ONLY place in Louisiana)

2. Did your family make it out after Katrina...

I kid you not....every. single. time.

Its frustrating sometimes...because I'm proud of where I'm from but I also am not proud of the sterotypes that some in Louisiana seem so eager to exploit when there is so much more culture in the state that people don't know about. Thats why the name to me needs to not only resonate with the state but be something that doesn't make us look like we're perpetuating those negative backwoods stereotypes that everyone outside of our state perpetuates to the rest of the world. Thats why I feel more research and a more professional tone needs to be taken when trying to do this rebrand.

But thats just me though....

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Photobucket

"As for the kid, he turned out okay. He came down in a field a couple of days later. And ironically grew up to be an airline pilot. So there you go. You have your happy ending!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    This movie....Swamp People...these types of shows and movies really make me mad because this is what people outside of Louisiana associate with the state....they actually think every person in Louisiana are exactly like these people. I know people in Louisiana....probably more so in NOLA....have this isolated "we don't care what other people think about us" mentality....but although I was born in Alexandria, Louisiana and consider it my home...I've lived/traveled all over the states/world (my dad was in the Army we lived in Germany from my Jr High School years thru my first 2 years of college). Its very unsettling how so many people think that Louisiana natives are all uneducated, racist, and poor. Its like we're cut off from the world....when I tell people I'm from Louisiana there are 2 things that automatically come out of their mouth

1. Oh so you're from New Orleans (like NOLA is the ONLY place in Louisiana)

2. Did your family make it out after Katrina...

I kid you not....every. single. time.

Its frustrating sometimes...because I'm proud of where I'm from but I also am not proud of the sterotypes that some in Louisiana seem so eager to exploit when there is so much more culture in the state that people don't know about. Thats why the name to me needs to not only resonate with the state but be something that doesn't make us look like we're perpetuating those negative backwoods stereotypes that everyone outside of our state perpetuates to the rest of the world. Thats why I feel more research and a more professional tone needs to be taken when trying to do this rebrand.

But thats just me though....
    Speak for yourself. I put on my shrimping boots one foot at a time just like anyone else, and I ride my alligator to work just like anyone else. It can't be a New Orleans thing... Oh?

Who the hell is recommending these name changes to Tom Benson? They need to be fired for recommending such sucky names.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Rougarou ain't sucky. I'm pretending that the one that starts with an M doesn't exist.

ROOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU DAT!?!

These were filed on 12/5.

Spears' story came out 12/4.

None of this is a reaction, and he said at the time that Pelicans was the name, something we'd heard before.

This is just more evidence that it's pelicans.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    These were filed on 12/5.

Spears' story came out 12/4.

None of this is a reaction, and he said at the time that Pelicans was the name, something we'd heard before.

This is just more evidence that it's pelicans.
    Wherehappens.

Thread Information