Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA files for trademarks for the Hornets and the names are...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pretty sure the plural of rougarou is rougarou. Like yeti or sheep.

I love Rougarou.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If they care about the damn name so much, they can keep rooting for the name Hornets when it goes back to Charlotte.
    What else do we have to go on?

We dont live in the city so we can't get emotional attachment that way. Our love stems from the Hornets name, the team colours, the stadium and, of course, the players. A lot of which will be ripped away from us next season.

You, sir, {Mod-edit-unnecessary}.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 12-18-2012 at 05:34 PM.

I am all about Rougarou.

NBA files for trademarks for the Hornets and the names are...

I wouldn't do sharks over pelicans. But I'd do gonorrhea goblins over mosquitoes .

Nicccceee
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

We dont live in the city so we can't get emotional attachment that way. Our love stems from the Hornets name, the team colours, the stadium and, of course, the players. A lot of which will be ripped away from us next season.

You, sir,{Mod-edit-unnecessary}
    I'm sorry Perth but we can more about the opinions of people who actually live here than those of y'all in australia.

You, sir,{Mod-edit-unnecessary}
    What's more arrogant? Telling the owner of a team he can't change the name to be closer to his home or saying to keep the name because people that live in France or what have you likes the brand the way it is?

Being the urban fantasy lover I am, loup-garou is the name a powerful hulking creature. I can get down with that.

Gabe Feldman a professor for sports law at Tulane posted it as well. I'd say this is pretty legit.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    What the? This... I just don't.... I.... I'm speechless....

Bush league, horrendous, and embarrassing don't even begin to describe these. I never thought I'd say such a thing, but if these are the only options, then bring on the Pelicans. Good lord....

What's more arrogant? Telling the owner of a team he can't change the name to be closer to his home or saying to keep the name because people that live in France or what have you likes the brand the way it is?

Being the urban fantasy lover I am, loup-garou is the name a powerful hulking creature. I can get down with that.
    There is no need for a re-brand.

The Hornets name and colours have a lot of history behind them.

Original Hornets fans have already had to go through a divisional change, a conference change, 2 city name changes and now a team name re-brand, a uniform re-brand and a stadium change.

I defy you to find another team in world club sport that has had to put up with as much crap as that and still get repeat customers.

No wonder the crowds are appalling day in, day out.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 12-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Original Hornets fans have already had to go through a divisional change, a conference change, 2 city name changes and now a team name re-brand, a uniform re-brand and a stadium change.

I defy you to find another team in world club sport that has had to put up with as much crap as that and still get repeat customers.

Even if you could, convincing me won't change anything. The rebrand is happening.

I'm sorry it seem to pain you so. But it's all but set in stone.

I wish we would just keep it
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Even if you could, convincing me won't change anything. The rebrand is happening.

I'm sorry it seem to pain you so. But it's all but set in stone.
    By accepting the change without resistance you are condoning it.

Therefore you are on the opposite side of the fence to me.

I could even handle Brass or Voodoo, but the 5 patents applied for by the league are just appalling as team sport names.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Those are just strange. It's Pelicans for sure, now
    Wherehappens.

Only problem with the rougarou is it sounds like something Scooby Doo would say.
    It does That's a bad arse looking creature though. Dang...

Link to some image I mistook for something else.

Huh...

Wait...not a rougarou. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 12-18-2012 at 06:07 PM.

I'd pick Rougarou outta any of em

This has to be a joke.

Rougarou is pretty awesome actually. And people were complaining no one would understand Krewe?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Rougarou is pretty awesome actually. And people were complaining no one would understand Krewe?
    Understanding what the nickname is is the least of the problem. You'll get it when you see the logo. Unless it's some generic logo like the Knicks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I was lmao for about 5 minutes. I think Rougarou is pretty crazy in a good way

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Omfg rougourou is just about the greatest name ive ever heard. All thats left is convincing Chris webber that opposing teams wont point and laugh at us...

fear the rougarou!!!!!!!!! hahahhha i love it..and the out of country guy on here complaining about the rebrand. Do you think the fans in another country are more important to this team than the locals that spend their money and time to support this team and attend games?? This is our team for atleast the next 20 years. So,the team will become a more local flavor to fit NEW ORLEANS not to please fans 1,000,000 miles away. Get over it and support the HORNETS when the name goes back to charlotte where it belongs.

I thought I was the only one that would like rougauro. It's being well received on here

Thread Information