Nuggets/Lakers

Shawn Marion

for

Sam Cassell
    Kings 04 1st
    Jazz 05 1st

accept

Approved

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar

Nuggets/Lakers

My god Nola. I looked at the trade and went niceeeeee just like Southpark. Scrolled down and saw that video......

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    My god Nola. I looked at the trade and went niceeeeee just like Southpark. Scrolled down and saw that video......

That same thought led me to the video.

Is Shawn Marion worth all that? Its not that much to be honest, but still a good starter in Cassell and two 1st round picks.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

We all know non-lottery picks have proven to be roster fillers in this league. I think it was a pretty fair deal. The Jazz pick might of been a little much but eh it's not terribly one-sided.

He had no need for a 32 year old Cassell and the non lotto pick was really a throw in as concerns for value. Busta gets a long stay at his 3 poisition alongside Bosh for his longterm plan. He had 6 picks in the next two drafts; so its not like he "needed" picks. Plus he kept the Dallas pick and his 2 lotto picks this year. This it was a good deal for both IMO.

I also didn't plan on resigning him and had a guy in outlaw that could do what he does. I wanted to find a way to get Haslem some time as well.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    A series of good deals happening!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He had no need for a 32 year old Cassell and the non lotto pick was really a throw in as concerns for value. Busta gets a long stay at his 3 poisition alongside Bosh for his longterm plan. He had 6 picks in the next two drafts; so its not like he "needed" picks. Plus he kept the Dallas pick and his 2 lotto picks this year. This it was a good deal for both IMO.

I also didn't plan on resigning him and had a guy in outlaw that could do what he does. I wanted to find a way to get Haslem some time as well.
    He gave two firsts for a guy he might only have for half a losing season. Who is also averaging only averaging 8 and 10. Not a super lopsided trade, but another win for Ballsohard who arguably gets better with this trade anyways.

Or he can have him for the next season. FA and keeping him for the next 6 years will define this trade.

Or he can have him for the next season. FA and keeping him for the next 6 years will define this trade.
    yea, it's definitely a risk. We'll have to see how it works out.

a certain gm might give marion a ridiculous contract then attempt to trade him all season.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    a certain gm might give marion a ridiculous contract then attempt to trade him all season.

I don't think it's that lopsided, especially since Cassell is still out for 30 days, and depends on resigning Marion. But BallSoHard continues to get little extra assets in his trades, something I never accomplish because I think I'm too eager to pull the trigger on trades and don't negotiate hard enough. But solid trade. Now someone trade me a SF...
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I don't think it's that lopsided, especially since Cassell is still out for 30 days, and depends on resigning Marion. But BallSoHard continues to get little extra assets in his trades, something I never accomplish because I think I'm too eager to pull the trigger on trades and don't negotiate hard enough. But solid trade. Now someone trade me a SF...
    Grant Hill for Webber any day you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Grant Hill for Webber any day you want.
    He doesnt have Kobe?

He doesnt have Kobe?
    Read my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Read my sig.
    I QUOTE WHO I WANT

He doesnt have Kobe?
    For some dumb reason I get the Celtics and Wizards teams confused all the time.

I know the posters, just confuse the rosters. But I changed it before any nozy nellies noticed.

Now I'm actually questioning this move for the Lakers. Why trade a young Marion for someone like Cassell who's past his prime and plus there will be a huge dropoff defensively by replacing Snow?

Snows not even starting for me. Outlaw can average 8 and 10 for me easily. I wasn't going to resign Marion since he didn't fit with the team.

I think you can trust in my judgement

Well Cassell will help with ball-handling and play-making but he will be a dropoff defensively from Blaylock too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Well Cassell will help with ball-handling and play-making but he will be a dropoff defensively from Blaylock too.
    Thanks for the head's up...

Thread Information