Pelicans Report

Thread: Grantland: Ryan Anderson Threat Level

Grantland: Ryan Anderson Threat Level

10. Ryan Anderson Threat Level

I could do an entire post on the creative ways Monty Williams gets Ryan Anderson open looks in the half-court, but this is more fun. Anderson is now the league's premier long-range bomber, tossing up a ridiculous eight 3s per game and making a just-as-ridiculous 43.5 percent of them. Teams are absolutely terrified of leaving him open; Ray Allen may be the only player who inspires the same level of fear even before the ball has reached his hands.

The best is in semi-transition, when defenses are scrambling to find the right matchups and Anderson is sprinting to an open spot somewhere behind the 3-point arc. There is a wonderful slice of time when the defense — coaches, players, trainers, fans behind the bench, people watching on TV — all realize where the ball is about to be passed, and that it is too late to do anything about it. It is the NBA's new silent scream.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rt-odd-couples

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post

I could do an entire post on the creative ways Monty Williams gets Ryan Anderson open looks in the half-court, but this is more fun. Anderson is now the league's premier long-range bomber, tossing up a ridiculous eight 3s per game and making a just-as-ridiculous 43.5 percent of them. Teams are absolutely terrified of leaving him open; Ray Allen may be the only player who inspires the same level of fear even before the ball has reached his hands.

The best is in semi-transition, when defenses are scrambling to find the right matchups and Anderson is sprinting to an open spot somewhere behind the 3-point arc. There is a wonderful slice of time when the defense — coaches, players, trainers, fans behind the bench, people watching on TV — all realize where the ball is about to be passed, and that it is too late to do anything about it. It is the NBA's new silent scream.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rt-odd-couples
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I honestly laugh at teams when it happens....i say in my head "every time.....it doesn't matter what you do....he's going to find a way to that 3pt line and hurt your soul...."

All that AND Anderson's gritty play around the net.

Ayon for Anderson may go down in the all-time "trade" HoF...

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    All that AND Anderson's gritty play around the net.

Ayon for Anderson may go down in the all-time "trade" HoF...
    It was a sign and trade. More of a savvy signing than a trade imo.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

He works hard for his shots off the dribble or just pops in someone's face. I hardly ever see plays run for him to get an open look like a bunch of screens.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post

Oh I hate myself.

Grantland: Ryan Anderson Threat Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Oh I hate myself.
    Don't. I didn't even have to click on the video to say IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Thread Information