Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Expectations for Gordon and Team

Gordon for Mayo please please please please please

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    50+ games of this...

I can only hope he stays healthy the entire time.

Oh and you might wanna mute the vid and watch it with this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    50+ games of this...

And that's in what, 8 games? Woah. He wins me over if he plays 40 games this season. I love him if he plays the rest of the season.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Big ups for the Demetri Martin quote.

"There's a big difference between peeing in the pool and peeing into the pool. Location, location, location."

I would love that Gordon
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

that video makes it seem like he played more than 8 games... such an exciting player to watch when healthy.

i expect him to bring the ball up the majority of the time when hes back

50+ games of this...

But somehow people laugh at him being traded for Paul George saying, "no way they trade for him his trade value is useless." If he comes back healthy to do this for 10 games, the Pacers and Nelson won't hesitate to make that trade. They will bring him home to Indiana with Hill, Gordon, Granger, West, and Hibbert that is one exciting team competing for a championship immediately and for a while. With a young star, who is a local star already signed for the future. This is a huge plus and minimal gamble to the Pacers, new GM needs to make a splash to make it his team. Huge plus and no gamble by the Hornets, gives Monty a wing to develop into a star who fans will love. Alternative is always keep Gordon around until end of season to maximize value. Just maybe he finishes out contract and remainder of career with a few championships. Time will tell.

What you miss in aall of that is he played in 9 games. I repeat, he played in 9 of a total 66 games, and has not played at all this year. You see what it's doing to this team and GMs are paying attention. It will take a lot more than a 10 game spot duty cameo appearance.

He has to prove the injuries are over. Teams like Indiana can't afford to dump huge contracts on unreliable DNPs. You can trade Eric Gordon but you can't trade Puddin.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm afraid that Gordon makes us a team that starts to win enough that we are out of the top-10 come lottery night, yet we miss the playoffs. That is the worst possible scenario.
    I pray that doesn't happen....I either want significant improvement or a top 5 pick for next season. But I was thinking the same with gordon's return...but hopefully rivers and davis will continue to improve in that span if we are out of the top 10 at the end of the season.

Your Expectations for Gordon and Team

That's why we need to trade that pick as soon as possible

Fully healthy this team will still be under .500 IMO. Until Rivers settles into a role and Monty figures out what hes doing at SF and PF and we get stability in the rotation and more efficient. Just pray EG stays healthy the rest of the year and we develop the rooks. next year with another lotto pick and possible key signing, that is gonna be the .500+ team IMO.

Rivers/Vasquez
    Gordon/Roberts
    Thomas/ Aminu/ Miller
    Davis/Anderson
    Lopez/Davis

is the lineup i want to see the most. Vasquez and Anderson running the 2nd unit would be DEADLY and in crunch time Anderson will be out there 4th Q for Lopez or Davis depending on the size of the opposing Center (at least until Davis gets bigger). And Roberts can fill it up too at the off guard I believe this lineup would allow for the best substitution rotations as far as having the best players out there to fill certain roles in a given lineup.

Gordon scoring for the starting unit and Ryno holding down scoring off the pine to avoid or minimize scoring droughts its imperative to have either one of those guys on the court at all times though if wining is the objective that is

first two off the bench in this scenario would be Anderson and Vasquez for Lopez and Rivers/Gordon/Thomas depending on match-up I believe we can run some 3 guard lineups now and run w/ Gordon back. Imagine running with Rivers, Gordon, Vasquez, Anderson, Davis as a lineup Ryno would just run to the 3 pt line and Vasquez would direct traffic on or off ball while Gordon/Rivers do their thing off the dribble breaking down the defender getting to the rim

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Beez_Neez View Post
    Rivers/Vasquez
    Gordon/Roberts
    Thomas/ Aminu/ Miller
    Davis/Anderson
    Lopez/Davis

is the lineup i want to see the most. Vasquez and Anderson running the 2nd unit would be DEADLY and in crunch time Anderson will be out there 4th Q for Lopez or Davis depending on the size of the opposing Center (at least until Davis gets bigger). And Roberts can fill it up too at the off guard I believe this lineup would allow for the best substitution rotations as far as having the best players out there to fill certain roles in a given lineup.

Gordon scoring for the starting unit and Ryno holding down scoring off the pine to avoid or minimize scoring droughts its imperative to have either one of those guys on the court at all times though if wining is the objective that is

first two off the bench in this scenario would be Anderson and Vasquez for Lopez and Rivers/Gordon/Thomas depending on match-up I believe we can run some 3 guard lineups now and run w/ Gordon back. Imagine running with Rivers, Gordon, Vasquez, Anderson, Davis as a lineup Ryno would just run to the 3 pt line and Vasquez would direct traffic on or off ball while Gordon/Rivers do their thing off the dribble breaking down the defender getting to the rim
    Yes please. Vasquez has been playing some SF of late, and it's been decent.

My argument against those who thing that this team will all of a sudden by a .500+ team is that one player should not a team make.If you are chalk full of good players, missing a player- even a star or two, should be no excuse for going 5-18.

The Timberwolves stayed at .500 without both Love and Rubio and the Bulls have played .600 basketball over the last few years without Rose. The fact is that the Hornets play 3-4 guys that should not get any playing time in the NBA and that will still be the case when Gordon comes back as Mason, Henry, and Aminu will all get minutes at the backup 2 and at the 3. Vasquez will still be forced to play 32-34 minutes when he should be getting 14-18 on a good team.

One guys does not fix it all. There are still plenty of holes- a 7 footer who cant rebound, a rookie who gets pushed around in the paint, another rook who will be trying to find his role. People will say the Hornets were 6-3 last year with Gordon, but that was with a team full of vets. If he plays 54 this year, mark me down for 24-30
    @mcnamara247

I think facing probably the hardest schedule in the league and most of it without said rookie that gets pushed around, as if being overpowered is all he's capable of doing, had more to do with us going 5-18 than anything.

Championship.

Championship.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    50+ games of this...

This highlight video must have been every point he scored last year.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    My argument against those who thing that this team will all of a sudden by a .500+ team is that one player should not a team make.If you are chalk full of good players, missing a player- even a star or two, should be no excuse for going 5-18.

The Timberwolves stayed at .500 without both Love and Rubio and the Bulls have played .600 basketball over the last few years without Rose. The fact is that the Hornets play 3-4 guys that should not get any playing time in the NBA and that will still be the case when Gordon comes back as Mason, Henry, and Aminu will all get minutes at the backup 2 and at the 3. Vasquez will still be forced to play 32-34 minutes when he should be getting 14-18 on a good team.

One guys does not fix it all. There are still plenty of holes- a 7 footer who cant rebound, a rookie who gets pushed around in the paint, another rook who will be trying to find his role. People will say the Hornets were 6-3 last year with Gordon, but that was with a team full of vets. If he plays 54 this year, mark me down for 24-30
    it is a small sample size but our winning percentage is 67% when Gordon plays. One player of his caliber can make that much of a difference because of what he does on both ends of the ball. And let's not forget we were without Davis for 11 games.

Also, it understates how critical a difference one player can make. I mean, imagine LeBron or Chris Paul on this team instead of Aminu or Vasquez.

Though apparently Vasquez is a future All-Star.

*snicker*

Thread Information