Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Expectations for Gordon and Team

Your Expectations for Gordon and Team

So, let's say he comes back and plays his first game Dec. 28th against Toronto. The Hornets are 7-21 at this point and Jason Smith's rehab went well so we are at full strength.

What are your expectations for Gordon for the remainder of the year and for the Hornets record-wise over the final 54 games?
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All joking aside. I think we finish over .500 over those 54 games. Let's say...31-23 or so.

Final record of 28-54 ish. If we make a move and bring in Luol Deng without giving up Gordon, tack on an extra 5-8 wins. And an additional 3 wins if we move Vasquez to the bench and get a real starting PG.

What he said. Cept maybe 34-20. Schedule won't be as brutal as now.

That would make a final of .500. Not bad and good to attract some max FA going into next season.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-17-2012 at 04:12 PM.

I think we still have a losing record over that span, though it would be closer to .500 than what we've had. I don't think even a healthy Gordon really makes this team a winner. Not with gaping holes at small forward and point guard. Vasquez has had nice stats the past few games and I really think he's pumping up his value on the market. My final record prediction is 23-59.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What he said. Cept maybe 34-20. Schedule won't be as brutal as now.
    Take a look at that January schedule when you get a chance. Pretty nasty.

Eases up a bit in March

I'm afraid that Gordon makes us a team that starts to win enough that we are out of the top-10 come lottery night, yet we miss the playoffs. That is the worst possible scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Take a look at that January schedule when you get a chance. Pretty nasty.

Eases up a bit in March
    In an NBA sched it's not so much the teams but the road trips and B2Bs. I see 3 B2Bs, two of which are road only, and longest road trip for the month is 3 games, one of which is east. With a healthy roster I see a .500 month, then they can start to take off the remainder of the year...if certain players don't get "sore". Davis and Rivers will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I'm afraid that Gordon makes us a team that starts to win enough that we are out of the top-10 come lottery night, yet we miss the playoffs. That is the worst possible scenario.
    No it's not. It's time to bring in FAs. Even if you lose that is no guarantee of a top 3 draft spot. They aren't rebranding, building a new training facility, and clear loads of cap space to bring in more 19 year olds to depend on right now.

You can also get good players later in the 1st. Remember David West? Darren Collison? PJIII dropping?

The Franchise
    I hate to be negative, but I think we go 21-33. We are a young developing team, Gordon is going to take awhile to get into his game and January is a tough tough schedule. I think we finish the season strong, but 20 to 24 is what I see
    Last edited by RyanM; 12-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    All joking aside. I think we finish over .500 over those 54 games. Let's say...31-23 or so.

Final record of 28-54 ish. If we make a move and bring in Luol Deng without giving up Gordon, tack on an extra 5-8 wins. And an additional 3 wins if we move Vasquez to the bench and get a real starting PG.
    If we went 31 and 23, final record would be 38-44. I think its just too much for a young team, we are going to have a lot of hot and cold nights as players develop.

Kinda halfassing my math there, clearly. Meh.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Kinda halfassing my math there, clearly. Meh.
    All good, I did the same thing as the edit probably shows

Before the season I was pretty optimistic, but I do question how much Gordon can help the terrible play at SF. He'll certainly help, but the hole at SF is much bigger than anticipated.

I just want to see what a lineup of Rivers, Gordon, Aminu/Miller, Anderson, and Davis can do.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Well, we're not only going to be seeing Gordon for about 34-36 minutes a night, but we'll be seeing the decrease in minutes given to Roberts, Rivers, and probably no minutes for Mason. Besides Vasquez, these 3 guys are our worst defenders and putting in Gordon will help our defense substantially. Then on the offensive end we'll finally have someone who can drive into the line on a consistent basis and generate quality shots. Gordon really is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

I said before the season we'd go 37-45 but that was assuming Gordon missed about 15 games, Davis wouldn't be worth much offensively, and Lopez wouldn't be worth much on either side of the ball. So because of that, considering the tough schedule in January and Gordon will probably miss another 5 games for something if I had to guess, I'll go 26-28 with a final record of 33-49.

The thought of the team being at full strength is just too exciting. The team will win a couple of games and will be more fun to watch. Gordon has a point to prove and I really think that him being on the court will make Ryno, Rivers and A.D better. #Fingerscrossed
    Last edited by Hornetnojersey; 12-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.

I still think we fail to break .500. I'm gonna say 25-29

My expectations are largely unrealistic so I'll keep them to myself.

I think we will go .500 in the remaining games.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    this is the risk we are running and I guess we will just have to see what transpires....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I dont care about the record, I just want to see how the team meshes together
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Eric Gordon's going to win our hearts back

I am standing firm on my prediction that we are a mid lottery team. If he gets injured again than we will be bottom 3 again. We are too young, and not good enough to be more than a mid lotto team, unless we make a move to add another star next to Anderson.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    By us trading him to the Cats for Henderson and a First?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Too easy.

Thread Information