Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Mackel gets his "info" from searching the internet. He is one of the laziest reporters around. It would not surprise me if his "birdie" is a message board or 247? He has no credibility.
    He may not be Woj or Stein, but Fletcher is a fantastic personality. He has creative ideas, some outlandish, but that's the fun in them. He works for a local TV station, not a major outlet, so he's allowed to have fun and inspire debate, which is what he is doing. Ridiculous for bashing his whole character over not getting all of the trades right.

If they ever trade JSmooth, I'm out...and I don't care who it's for

Blog Entries
    Not sure if anyone did already, but I can confirm that the team has offered up Vasquez on at least one occasion.

Oh, and I trust Chris.

Just sayin!
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by whodat504 View Post
    He may not be Woj or Stein, but Fletcher is a fantastic personality. He has creative ideas, some outlandish, but that's the fun in them. He works for a local TV station, not a major outlet, so he's allowed to have fun and inspire debate, which is what he is doing. Ridiculous for bashing his whole character over not getting all of the trades right.
    No, I know some who have worked with him. My comments above are based on fact, not opinion.

My opinion is that he is closer to a fan than a reporter and his constant suggestions are fantasy-like.

The Bulls would be absolutely crazy to not pull the trigger on a Gordon for Deng swap. He would give Rose so much relief while playing alongside him. That would be a fun combo when healthy to watch. Deng also has his benefits for the Hornets, but no way we do it straight up. Once Gordon gets healthy and shows what he is capable of you will see his trade value rise right or near what it previously was.

Re: Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Fletcher? Is that you?

You just dont trade a 23 yr old 2guard for what chris said his flying animal friends are chirping to him. if anything i think they keep the core of davis gordon, rivers and anderson and work the roster around them. i do believe we are going to go after Jennings but i dont believe he would sign back with the hornets.

I would take Deng for Gordon. A guy who plays as many games as possible for a guy who avoids as many games as possible? Where do I sign?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Not sure if anyone did already, but I can confirm that the team has offered up Vasquez on at least one occasion.

Oh, and I trust Chris.

Just sayin!
    Ahh, don't do that to me, Joe! Now you have my mind racing!

I envy your inside info.

I have a big feeling Aminu would be on the out very soon, wouldnt be surprised if we give up our 1st round pick for someone big aswell like Jennings.

Jennings is the only player on that list that I would trade our 1st round pick for. I would not trade our pick for Deng

Somehow a lot of people think a trade for Jennings I posted is laughable which I think will happen just watch. Then when Gordon shows his worth just maybe we can get Paul George if not then Danny Granger and a 1st.

What is it about Jennings that's so good?

if we keep gordon i think jennings isnt a good fit, not enough ball for gordon jennings and rivers, rather a deng/granger type SF who doesnt need the ball to be effective offensively

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

I'd rather Kemba over Jennings
    Last edited by Nsingh93; 12-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post

I envy your inside info.

I can't recall the trade but I'm pretty willing to bet you can find it. I think he proposed what was a potential trade on the table awhile back but wouldn't list the hornets player who was being shopped because that person was part of the reg rotation. We all assumed different players but he never gave up the name. I'd be willing to bet that mystery player was GV. I just don't care enough to go back and search.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post

I envy your inside info.

I can't recall the trade but I'm pretty willing to bet you can find it. I think he proposed what was a potential trade on the table awhile back but wouldn't list the hornets player who was being shopped because that person was part of the reg rotation. We all assumed different players but he never gave up the name. I'd be willing to bet that mystery player was GV. I just don't care enough to go back and search.

You guys TOTALLY disregard the way Monty coaches when coming up with this stuff... we NEED A SG AND A SF THAT SCORES OFF OF THE DRIBBLE... Monty does a TON of iso plays and what are two things that we've never had that held us back??? an SG and SF... Gordon for Deng would be great ONLY if we were able to get Mayo in the FA... Rivers won't take us to the promise land fellas, and we'll have to be geniuses in the draft... So yea, i could see Gordon for Deng and finding a way to possibly get Mayo in the FA, That'll upgrade those two positions immediately and let Rivers be the guy off the bench scoring for us along with RyNo

Vasquez/Roberts
    Mayo/Rivers
    Deng/Miller
    AD/RyNo
    Lopez/Smith

plus we'll use our lottery pick for somebody great who can come off of the bench

I don't see the bobcats parting with Kemba Walker without a lot in return. He fits the system in place for Bobcats new coach perfectly. Jennings will be way easier attainable and we have been rumored to him previously. I think with the right coaching, system, and players around him he could possibly develop into next Tony Parker next to Rivers. Possibly Move Gordon for a Paul George if not a Granger/Deng all very realistic. Maybe move Lopez for McGee if you don't like it or won't happen then no, but would be best defensive big men in the NBA. We still have a 1st rnd pick and could possibly add Nerlens Noel who so happened to wanna be just like Anthony Davis. That would be the best big man tandem maybe ever! Draft other big men if not possible. We shoulld do whatever possible to draft him whether that's moving up or losing enough games so we are a Lottery pick, not purposely.
    Jennings/Bledsoe?, Rivers, George/Granger/Deng, Davis/Ryno!, Noel?!, Smith, Lopez, McGee?
    Those are all very possible and would be serious championship contenders once developed.

Lopez for McGee I'd actually like, depends if Denver wants to shed salary. Would also be interested in one of their many SF's, perhaps toss them a 2014 first? IDK. Couldnt happen till after Shards deal comes off the books.

Jennings or bust.

Deng is not what we need at the SF... we can experiment w/ Anderson at the 3 on offense and Davis guarding 3's on D.

Perhaps that's why Aminu was moved into the starting lineup again and Vasquez has been playmaking more getting his stats up. A bit of an audition b/c this team can settle w/ having Rivers/Roberts backing up the PG spot once EG comes back.

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Please no to Noah. Unless we could flip him for someone else.

2nd one I don't see them doing. They have mkg so that is kemba for two backups

Ridiculous for bashing his whole character over not getting all of the trades right.
    Fletcher is professional troll, and he's actually pretty good at it. Him being more entertainer than journalist doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a bad journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Nah, I just don't believe in personally attacking a guy that's not really here defending himself.
    No, he's here... he's always here. Incognito

Thread Information