Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

little birdies say:
    Chris Miles ‏@mileswdsu
    @FletcherMackel my little birdie inside the future "pelicans" organization says the teams trade wish list are OJ Mayo, Loul Deng, Kemba Walker and Brandon Jennings with Eric Gordon, Aminu, Jason Smith and yes Vasquez as trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    little birdies say:
    Why Deng? He's nearly thirty isn't he?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    27 right now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Deng would be an interesting move. Nabbing OJ Mayo might wind up sending Gordon's heart to Seattle.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Deng would be an interesting move. Nabbing OJ Mayo might wind up sending Gordon's heart to Seattle.
    Gordon's going to work at Starbucks while rehabbing?

I wouldn't mind Deng at all. He's a great defender, long and athletic. We can't have a whole team of 19-21 year olds.

trade all them minus Gordon for Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    trade all them minus Gordon for Jennings
    Yes

Mayo is the real deal. But I don't see the Mavs letting him get away. Jennings I think is more of a possibility,
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Fletch... Yeah ok.

Woaw... so soon to trade Gordon?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Fletch... Yeah ok.
    Yeah. This is hte one reason I don't think this is going to happen. Plus he has birdies telling him stuff?

So now Fletcher a eunuch.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    But playing along, Deng is the only one that isn't common sense that we would be interested in. The rest would be very solid building pieces on our young team, but Deng sticks out. He's not too old to be a part of the team, but his large contract and age would make him a strange target.

Edit: But I would welcome him in a trade for Gordon.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 12-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

i like kemba walker a lot, and i think he could be obtained easier than jennings

Very familiar names- most written about or talked about here, on H247, or in the podcast within the past two weeks. Curious.

Anyway, there was a Bulls blog that suggested Chicago look at Deng for Gordon and I just think that is the perfect deal for both teams. At some point you have to add a solid vet on this team that can lead this group on and off the court and I would kill for Deng.

Contract is similar to Gordon's and I wouldn't mind giving him another 3-4 years when he is 29 because his game isn't so dependent on athleticism. I can imagine most fans wouldn't want it because 27 is considered a dinosaur for a rebuilding team, but teams that win big in this league have experienced vets and if we keep building this team based on picks and potential (not to mention injury prone guys), we wont be contenders for 7 or 8 years.

Time to add a guy like Deng IMO. If Chicago was really open to that, I would do it in a heart beat
    @mcnamara247

deng is one of the best sf's in the league but doesnt get recognition. hes 6"9, incredible defense, great jumpshot and awesome rebounder, think he's averaging like 19pts and 8 rebs. anyways i really hope we get kemba walker

While I love Deng i wouldnt give up gordon for only deng

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Very familiar names- most written about or talked about here, on H247, or in the podcast within the past two weeks. Curious.

Anyway, there was a Bulls blog that suggested Chicago look at Deng for Gordon and I just think that is the perfect deal for both teams. At some point you have to add a solid vet on this team that can lead this group on and off the court and I would kill for Deng.

Contract is similar to Gordon's and I wouldn't mind giving him another 3-4 years when he is 29 because his game isn't so dependent on athleticism. I can imagine most fans wouldn't want it because 27 is considered a dinosaur for a rebuilding team, but teams that win big in this league have experienced vets and if we keep building this team based on picks and potential (not to mention injury prone guys), we wont be contenders for 7 or 8 years.

Time to add a guy like Deng IMO. If Chicago was really open to that, I would do it in a heart beat

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I would be happy with anyone of those guys.

only thing is i see jennings, kemba and mayo... which one would go best with rivers

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    deng is one of the best sf's in the league but doesnt get recognition. hes 6"9, incredible defense, great jumpshot and awesome rebounder, think he's averaging like 19pts and 8 rebs. anyways i really hope we get kemba walker
    100% agree with both. We need veteran leadership. And I'm not talking a guy like Lopez or Gordon or even Anderson. Im talking a guy like Deng who has been DEEP to the playoffs and knows how to lead a team.

Iggy fits that bill quail. He's really not working out that well in Denver so maybe they won't be inclined to sign him as much

I cant see the Mavs moving Mayo or Bobcats trading Kemba Walker anytime soon. But I do see Deng and Jennings as a strong possibility.

People who wouldn't give up Gordon for Deng, I am very curious as to why. To me, it seems like an absolute no brainer but I am willing to be persuaded. Thanks

I wouldn't believe anything from WDSU those two are such a joke. The only news source I trust is WWL and Fox 8. But if this is true what about Gordon for Mayo and Dallas 1st round pick.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    People who wouldn't give up Gordon for Deng, I am very curious as to why. To me, it seems like an absolute no brainer but I am willing to be persuaded. Thanks
    I'd drive Gordon to Chicago myself.

I would pull the trigger on Deng if possible. We would still have the same amount of money in the offseason to try to get Jennings but would be adding a productive SF (which we really need) & letting Rivers play his natural positon of SG. Think about that lineup

Jennings/Vasquez
    Rivers/(FA backup possibly)
    Deng/Miller
    AD/Anderson
    Lopez/Smith

I think thats a very good roster.....plus Deng gives you leadership and winning experience. Yeah he's older but he's still very productive and has great defense.

Thread Information