Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Chicago was really open to that, I would do it in a heart beat

According to the poster here who says he's friends with Gordon's family, Gordon's dream team isn't the Pacers but rejoining AAU back court mate Derrick Rose. It wouldn't be the first time a franchise traded for a star's BFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    I wouldn't believe anything from WDSU those two are such a joke. The only news source I trust is WWL and Fox 8. But if this is true what about Gordon for Mayo and Dallas 1st round pick.
    Agreed.

WDSU sports analysts are clowns.

In regards to the Mayo sentiment, I can't even see Dallas doing that straight up, let alone with a first rounder attached.

I'd love to have Mayo on the team and Gordon off of it if he continues to rot on the bench much longer.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Deng would be a welcome addition to the team. No question.

But Gordon is younger and better than Deng. If you're scared of the injuries, I get it. But you are taking a step back by trading Gordon for Deng.

Mayo is going to opt out and will be a FA after this season. They pulled that one out of their you know what because there is zero point in the Hornets trading for Mayo.

I would be SHOCKED if the Bobcats were willing to trade Kemba now that he has shown he can play, unless we are talking about sending Gordon. That would be two steps back.

I expect both Jennings and Deng to be on the market, hopefully Demps can work his normal magic.

Jennings/Kemba would be great next to rivers. I love mayo, but do not want to overpay just like we did for Gordon to keep him. I think Jennings under Monty's tutelage and defensive system would turn into an all-star playing next to a developed Rivers and Davis for the future. Plus you have stud like Anderson to kick it out to and can shoot no matter where a defender is. With the Bucks he has and has had absolutely no one except for Ellis to take pressure off of him. He is the main focus every night for opposing teams to stop. Add a Veteran in Deng to man the wing and not frustrate Monty with effort or boneheaded plays throughout a game. That is a young and dangerous team for the West next year!

How much do you guys think Mayo will fetch on the open market?

i would trade gordon for kemba and then sign budinger or chandler parsons and draft cody zeller, noel, or alex len

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    How much do you guys think Mayo will fetch on the open market?
    If he keeps playing like he is now, he will easily get 10mil + a year.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    At least we would have a player on the friggin COURT.
    Wherehappens.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i would trade gordon for kemba and then sign budinger or chandler parsons and draft cody zeller, noel, or alex len
    Nah, I'd go Deng. Get your veteran leadership. I understand Iggy. But I'd prefer Deng. And stop saying 27 is old (not necessarily you... but others)... I'm 27 years old and I feel great! lol

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    How are we taking a step back by trading gordon for deng? GORDON DOES NOT PLAY. The bum we just signed from the rapotors is more productive than Gordon right now simply because he is on the court.

we wont be doing anything with gordon until he comes back and depending on how he finishes the season, if he is 100% and a beast he isnt going anywhere, if he is decent and has trade potential he is gone, if he gets hurt again i say the hell with him

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    How are we taking a step back by trading gordon for deng? GORDON DOES NOT PLAY. The bum we just signed from the rapotors is more productive than Gordon right now simply because he is on the court.
    Just gotta love the backhanded compliment for McGuire, had me laughing hard out loud. Classic
    @mcnamara247

I hate NBA 2k now. It's like we (Fans) are so ready to trade or tank. Let Gordon get healthy and see how he plays before giving up on him for less talent. Ready to off Rivers and Gordon for Jennings or Deng? Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I hate NBA 2k now. It's like we (Fans) are so ready to trade or tank. Let Gordon get healthy and see how he plays before giving up on him for less talent. Ready to off Rivers and Gordon for Jennings or Deng? Ha!
    Deng isn't less talent. I'd swap them definitely. He can actually defend and shoot (something NONE of our current 3s can do)

Chris Miles has little birdies with trade speculation

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Nah, I'd go Deng. Get your veteran leadership. I understand Iggy. But I'd prefer Deng. And stop saying 27 is old (not necessarily you... but others)... I'm 27 years old and I feel great! lol
    Dude I swore you were like 60

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Deng would be a welcome addition to the team. No question.

But Gordon is younger and better than Deng. If you're scared of the injuries, I get it. But you are taking a step back by trading Gordon for Deng.
    Mayo is going to opt out and will be a FA after this season. They pulled that one out of their you know what because there is zero point in the Hornets trading for Mayo.

I would be SHOCKED if the Bobcats were willing to trade Kemba now that he has shown he can play, unless we are talking about sending Gordon. That would be two steps back.

I expect both Jennings and Deng to be on the market, hopefully Demps can work his normal magic.

IMO this is a misguided sentiment.

1. Both play 2 different positions.

2. Deng has been on the floor and produced.....Gordon has not.

You can't take a step back when Gordon hasn't been on the floor to produce in the first place. On the other hand Deng has produced on both sides of the floor and has played through injuries....and still produced. I'd say its taking a step forward when you know one guy is going to at least be on the court most of the season as supposed to someone who can't play through a papercut.....

Deng has also been playing over 40 minutes a game and is likely to die in the coming weeks

The more I read and think, the more I like the idea of Deng... Do the Bulls have a first to throw in?

rivers
    gordon
    deng
    AD/ryno
    al jefferson

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    rivers
    gordon
    deng
    AD/ryno
    al jefferson

anyone?
    That'd be insane.

Why would we have Gordon and Deng? lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Deng will be 28 when next season starts and signed for only one more season. I would love Deng on this team, but it would be true insanity to trade your best player for him. And yes, Gordon is our best player. About to turn 24. I know people are aggrivated with his injuries and attitude, but surely everyone here has not forgotton what type of player he is. Reminds me how happy everyone was when we traded Tyson Chandler. Out of sight, out of mind.

The Bulls have figured out they can't get any better with a solid player making $14 million. Why would we not only take that on, but trade Eric Gordon for it.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    because its all a speculative crock?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Maybe Aminu and our first rounder? I don't know.

With Gordon back in the fold soon, our pick's value should deflate presuming he plays for the rest of the season.

Wishful thinking, I guess.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 12-17-2012 at 03:53 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    That'd be insane.
    I don't know but the same avatar is messing with my head.

Thread Information