Pelicans Report

Thread: Al-Farouq Aminu's stint as a Hornet seems apparently DONE!

Al-Farouq Aminu's stint as a Hornet seems apparently DONE!

I've been a HUGE supporter of Aminu all season long, but if the team signs a guy (McGuire) off the street on the day of a game and he plays more minutes and scores more points than you in that game......then yeah you're done playing for this team. What are your thoughts?

It's disheartening.

He really started off the year good and I thought he was going to come along after playing so well in the Olympics.

I'm just glad the team is rebranding so my yellow Aminu jersey is going to be obsolete anyways next season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh. Damn. Thought something was said or some word came down the wire.

Let's see if the Jazz are dumb enough to trade him for Alec Burks. Or maybe the Nets GM is huffing paint and thinks trading MarShon Brooks is a bully idea.

I'm pretty much done buying jerseys.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I didn't buy into his game to start the season, and agreed with Del not giving him a contract. This turkey can fly to Turkey for all Incare. His game won't be missed.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I'm with Blaze and TPDG...I thought Aminu would turn a corner this year and was really pulling for him to, but I'm about done with him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We'll release him into the wild after the season's done I guess.

Aminu is lackadaisical, and when you can't shoot and you play lax u cannot be successful. If he had an all day motor like Faried, he could have been an asset, but without it he is a liability. That rainbow jump shot is just terrible. Dell should be talking to the nuggets or the sixers, they have some sf that could be useful for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    It's disheartening.

He really started off the year good and I thought he was going to come along after playing so well in the Olympics.

I'm just glad the team is rebranding so my yellow Aminu jersey is going to be obsolete anyways next season.

Wait, wait, wait..........................wait................ ...

you actually.....paid money...................... for an Aminu jersey?

i hope he can be a player that helps us get Jennings

Like I said Vasquez and Aminu maybe future 1st. Jennings is ours! Huge upgrade at wing for Bucks and Aminu is expiring and still young.

Hopefully we trade him for something, rather then let him go.

Let's try to say at least one thing about AFA: I like his hairstyle for this season. A newer, hipper AFA.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Absolutely... right after we pulled off the trade.

I'm not about getting star player jerseys and wearing the same thing as everyone else in the Arena. I got Aminu and my friend got Ayon. We got good use out of them. Some of my other highlights are Bowen, Belinelli, Diogu, and Alexander. Bet you know no other person with those.

I'm all for running X at SF this year, give him the rest of the year to make a final judgement. He can get to the hoop, he can shoot (sometimes) I like his ability to finish around the rim. We'll need an upgrade eventually, but just give X the chance to show us something over 20-30 games.

but if the team signs a guy (McGuire) off the street on the day of a game and he plays more minutes and scores more points than you in that game......then yeah you're done
    I don't think he's done, but I do think this is the last motivational trick Monty plans to use, so he's almost done.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If we were going to trade him, we would be playing him more to "show him off". Him not playing at all (to me 8 mins is not playing) IMO means that Monty is just trying to teach him a lesson.

This all seems very JuJu-esque.

Some people still holding out hope he could turn it around when the writing is on the wall- he stinks.

Time for Dell to find a Belinelli type, a guy some other team has given up onthat maybe we can develop intoa decent backup, or let him go.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information