Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Damian Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    I don't know much about Lillard, but I will say this. He's 22. He's already the player he's going to be for the next 10-15 years. All he really has to do is improve his mental capability, because he has his body filled out. I think the Emeka/Dwight comparison is good because I don't see Lillard improving much more. He will probably become slightly more efficient and that's going to add another assist to his total, and maybe an extra point or two to his average. He's going to be a top 10 pg for the next 10 years, but I doubt we ever list him as elite.
    What makes you think this? A lot of guys come out of college pro ready and get better once they get their feet wet in the NBA. Everyone argues that you can't predict Rivers' career arc based on a few games yet people have decided that Lillard has maxed out his potential in the same few games. I don't understand that logic.

Damian Lillard

What do you consider elite? Most people consider 20/10 elite. He already at 19/6. Only a handful of players are putting up those type of stats regardless of experience. He has a serious shot at elite numbers in his prime. All he has to do is become a bit more efficient and put forth the effort on defense. And his ability to play 38 minutes as a rookie is testimony of his work ethic and the kind of shape he's in.

The Okafor and Howard comparison isn't a good one. If you want a good comparison, it's Deron Williams.

Thread Information