Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

THis is pathetic. Davis should be POSTED UP. Not this constant PnR. Just put him on the block against the short white guy and let him WORK. Damn, I'm sick of watching this team run the PnR with SLOW guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Our front court can't do well and we still take a L? Or are you talking about the way I worded it? If the latter, I apologize. I was on a phone which made it tough to type.
    It's chill. I just found it funny how you said that you expected our frountcourt would have a big game yet they have terrible individual matchups.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Aw. Wish they didn't double on Aldridge just then.

Sigh... 19 point quarter.

Would lik to see Davis spin baseline here instead of go where there are more hands to do what just happened as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    THis is pathetic. Davis should be POSTED UP. Not this constant PnR. Just put him on the block against the short white guy and let him WORK. Damn, I'm sick of watching this team run the PnR with SLOW guards.
    Pretty much all Davis' points come from PNR and mid range jumpers. What have you seen from Davis ever that makes you think he's this unstoppable force being isoed in the post or any where else for that matter? It's simply not a part of his game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Pretty much all Davis' points come from PNR and mid range jumpers. What have you seen from Davis ever that makes you think he's this unstoppable force being isoed in the post or any where else for that matter? It's simply not a part of his game right now.
    I'd rather see Davis in the post than Vasquez running 3 PnRs and getting stuck behind the 3 point line until 6 seconds left in the clock where all hope is lost for the possession. lol

It's more of a matter that if our guards can't penetrate throw it down to the post and lets hope for the double to work inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Is he only scoring on PnR and mid-range jumpers because that's all he can do, or because that's all he gets? I mean friggin' Xavier Henry has gotten his number called on the block before Davis.

Why is Davis biting on pump fakes. His length should help him stay grounded and still cover most people...

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Blazers

I like how they have Rivers playing on Lillard.

I like how Lillard gets all the calls as a rookie that Rivers can't buy.

Is it just me or does Austin have pretty large hands?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Why is Davis biting on pump fakes. His length should help him stay grounded and still cover most people...
    Out of his comfort zone on the perimeter.

10 turnovers in 15 minutes... lol

get davis the ball more. Vazquez never looks for him unless its for an oop and we run the high post through ROBIN LOPEZ? doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Out of his comfort zone on the perimeter.
    After 3 games of watching him fly into the bench biting up perimeter pump fakes, You would think he would learn...

Vasquez gets beat off the dribble on one end, then can't shake free to receive the pass on the other. The PG hole is like its made from acid. Just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    get davis the ball more. Vazquez never looks for him unless its for an oop and we run the high post through ROBIN LOPEZ? doesnt make sense
    Unless its for an oop? I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is he only scoring on PnR and mid-range jumpers because that's all he can do, or because that's all he gets? I mean friggin' Xavier Henry has gotten his number called on the block before Davis.
    He has been given the ball in the post before he just hasn't been that affective so far. He tried to go iso on Babbitt this game and turned the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Our offense is so stale, and our best players never touch the ball.

Gah, Lopez

Why is Davis a rookie?

I like how every so often you can hear the coaches lol

aminu is a goner

That was a good defensive posession, Vasquez stayed in front of Lillard and Davis stayed on the ground when contesting.

Thread Information